2nd indoor grow having problems

• Thread starter Rmkmmmg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Everything ive mostly read has said no closer than 5" or so to no less than 20". But i will def take your word for it and log everything on a daily basis
Seems far to close to me... I mean if I was gonna push it I would maybe say 18" but again I'm not experienced with them. Someone who is will pop in. But I would back it off to 30" to help them recover.

Rmkmmmg

Rmkmmmg

Well in the meantime ill do the 20" as yoi said and as soon as another coco grower pops in ill pick their brain. Im gonna move it up to 3x a day and concentrate on de stressin em. Probably put some soft jazz in there to. Might improve their mood a bit. Once again i appreciate it. Any info is gold

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well in the meantime ill do the 20" as yoi said and as soon as another coco grower pops in ill pick their brain. Im gonna move it up to 3x a day and concentrate on de stressin em. Probably put some soft jazz in there to. Might improve their mood a bit. Once again i appreciate it. Any info is gold
You have some great coco growers on this site... I am not one of them lol. You will be in good hands man. Once the get in here.... They will get ya sorted and you'll be in your way.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

18”-20” is my sweet spot for 600 w hps in a blockbuster glass enclosed air cooled hood.

I start young plants 4-6 weeks old in 12/12 at 25” to 29”. If i start a seedling at least 3-4 feet.

Hope these guidelines help. Distance can also depend on reflector type. I could get a wide xl hood closer than my much more direct down deep hood. And air cooled hoods may be able to be closer than open reflectors like a bat wing.

Last edited:
Rmkmmmg

Rmkmmmg

So in your experience will my distances differ in different weeks of veg and flower? And am I supposed to run 18 + 6 on week 3 of veg and so on and so forth and then slowly bring it into flour adjusting the lights every week? This was going to be my first game plan

Rmkmmmg

Rmkmmmg

I was thinking maybe a bumping lights back an hour a week until I'm at an even 12:12?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So in your experience will my distances differ in different weeks of veg and flower? And am I supposed to run 18 + 6 on week 3 of veg and so on and so forth and then slowly bring it into flour adjusting the lights every week? This was going to be my first game plan

I just switch to 12/12. No slow change of the light cycle. And yes. Younger plants need and can handle less light than a mature flower in peak bloom. You have to watch and learn what the leaves like. The numbers i gave are just guidelines to get close.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I have 4 plants. 3 Cali Haze in one Juicy Fruit. I had been growing from seedlings with the M3 Michigan made mix. I transferred from that to Mother Earth Coco coir 70/30. I have been using foxfarm Trio. Started at quarter strength and did one dose of half strength over a week and two days time. Ben pH in water too roughly 6.0 with General Hydroponics pH liquid control kit. Have a 600 watt hortilux HPS. Air-cooled and so on. Relative humidity is been around 50%. After second dose of half strength newts I immediately saw the crow tips in the dark green leaves now I'm sort of starting to see a speckled like burn on my back left. I am a caregiver growing in Michigan. Normally strictly in outside person. Figured I'd try and grow through the winter this go round. First time using synthetic nutes. Please anything will help please ask me anything and please let me know what you think of my little mediocre set up . Just trying to make sure I have everything right

My first question would be what type of grow are you going for? Soil or coco? They are not the same and the techniques used are different. It sounds like you merged the two and that is difficult to pull off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom