2x UC12xl13 and 12K watts.....Sealed

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hogan400

Today I ordered 2 uc systems, 2, uc12xl13's with 28" manifolds and 40" centers I will modify down to maybe 33"? Spoke lots with cch2o. Good people!!

Pictures of my sealed room re-build will start likely end of the week. Any suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Here are the basics.

my room is 12.5x18.5
6x1000 watts w 10" yieldmasters over each' system. I may or may not vent these as i will have a.c. Basically 1 light over each' 2 plant sites...

I also ordered today
2 klimaire 24000btu a.c.
2, ecoplus commercial 1/2hp chillers. I will plumb these and my air pumps into my garage directly under the epicenters and mount to my ceiling, as I plan to use co2
I have 275gallon reservoirs from another project I can use in my garage. My room is directly over the garage so I'll pump water up to my smaller res for topoff.

Dutch Master nut's and ZONE!! (seems effective and inexpensive) I have spare dosers and controllers for ph control but may forgo them for this run.
Scrog it, i have a pretty simple idea for that.

I've had some floods in the past upstairs, so im also planning pond liner and bathtub drain to spill into a utility sink in the garage finally....

I've been reading ALL the threads here and have a ton of questions. I guess this build/first run will be a learning experience to say the least. I planned a warehouse build but decided to wait.... not all systems and styles are the same, so if this does'nt workout for me the way I hope, then I'll start my new year off differently in the warehouse as there is no rush to drop a bunch of loot and have a bad start! gotta have a goal so ima be realistic and shoot for 1.4 per light...

When you see my pictures feel free to chime in. It will be a nice build and very simple. I highly doubt I will have any answers for newbys on u.c...... Thank you in advance and my plan is to K.I.S.S

Gonna run Raspberry KUSH and ACK.

Here I go with the build and please be patient with the pictures as im in full teardown mode the next few days.... then rebuild:movie

S

SofaKingHigh

Sounds pimpin'. I bet you'll slaughter it if you've seen a plant grow a few times.

Best advice with Dutchmaster in the UC is to watch your veg time. They'll blow the fuck up. Sometimes 4x stretch on hybrids, but count on 3x or so with indicas.

H

hogan400

SKH, sure hope i hit this nicely, or at least something without a major screw up!
I appreciate the info, I guess my real concern is the uc system don't really leave room for error or I'll be sorry. lol

The old room is cleared out, and tomorrow..... I patch holes. After that I'll snap some pictures of the room before re-build. Also get in my hydrofarm order tomorrow so I'll be picking up supplies as well.

J

jdubz401

I will be here sounds like you have a awesome set up... I am also running the Uc system, same lights 6 vented also added 6 t5s for the outside area... 2 18000 BTU acs.. only difference I'm running house n garden nutes lol. But I can't wait for the pics! Happy growing

G

growgrow

hogan.... sounds great..... I jsut ordered my system yesterday and purchased the doublebarel 16xl8. I too will be running DM w/ Zone but with the .add27. Do you plan on running that? do you plan on running any bloom boosters? I'm not 100% sure which i will, if any, but im stoked to see someone like yourself taking, basically the same plunge as I. did you start to veg yet? I'm pullin up a chair to this, I think we'll both learn quite a bit here. I'll throw my thread up here once i get veg crackin tomorrow...... Good Luck man

H

hogan400

jdubz401,
I considered adding t-5 too. I feel im pushing my boundaries with electricity already....haha. At least my neighbors like me...so far! Last yr my neighbor handed me my cable bill opened, apologizing thinking it was hers. Tripped me out, she is a single 60 yr old and has the low down on "all hood action"!! All the domestic violence, car prowls, and outta control kids....she makes me laugh with that nosy shit!! anyway thanks man, I'll be watching yours and good wishes.

growgrow,
I may add27, in my top off only. If I do this addition slowly, I can keep a close eye on the ladies. I really want to stay simple first round, as the misfortunes I read were nutrients not carefully calculated or added in with things they didnt play well with. I am considering a booster, not sure what? my cuts are rooming with a friend as my workload is huge right now. Thank you and Good Luck to you as well.

Today was killz latex on the walls along with some major hole patching, and tomo will be pond liner and shower drain. Was gonna take a couple pics but there aint shit to see yet! Tomo will bring a new day and I will add some pics and maybe a quick review of the "Eco Plus commercial grade" chillers. At least the chillers came today and they are huge! Seriously....twice the size of a normal chiller. Also my dog licked up some paint and nibbled a little spackle... he seemed quite pleased. Guess I'm cool if he was.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Bigbud and overdrive worked great with DM for me in the UC. I wouldnt use them dosers either shit stays really stable.

H

hogan400

Thanks BG,
dosers can suck. On my aquarium I dose manually sometimes and the button stuck on once.... I didnt notice.... luckily it was'nt a total loss.

Here are some liner and bucket pics. 28" manifolds with 33" centers. PVC not cut down to size yet, checkin the layout first. I may eliminate 2 buckets and a 1000 since its tight quarters, I like room to get to my topoff containers and such. My main res will be in the garage, as will my chillers.

Pics are front view, back view, and a side door view.... I have 32 or 50 gallon brutes for daily topoff with nutrient solution. I'd rather use the 32 as they are smaller, what do you all think?

Also I need to hang my new carbon filter and max fan along with my reflectors. Tomo hopefully.

IMG 2388
IMG 2389
IMG 2387
H

hogan400

Now that the cch2o systems are here my room seems quite small...wtf!! roughly 17" to the wall from side edge of the bucket. I get the feeling I should center them more, but then getting down the middle may req a hazmat suit to keep me from getting crystal coated...lol.

H

hogan400

All right, here are the chiller photos and mini product review promised. I like these, they are the nicest construction I've seen for small chillers. I have used plenty in the aquarium industry and these are constructed very well.

Pro's ..... Durably constructed, packed well in the box. Well protected and the instructions are simple and straight forward. All fittings/cords are included, as is the mini display you can mount "in" room with temp up/down controls! Easy to install. Easy to operate.

Con's ....BIG issue for me.... I was under the impression they were made in America, however they are not. Radiator is, the compressor is Japanese, but all of it and instructions were assembled and clearly written in China. (with a bootleg translation app) My second complaint is the size.... long tall and slender. Not going to fit in most aquarium stands but for hydro will be fine. The instructions are lame ass wordage and misspellings. Just a gripe from me....'China, learn to fucking spell and write", what the fuck gives! Send me a check, I'll write that shit proper:hi

Pics included are a packaged view, product front/back and final resting place on the shelf in my garage. Just underneath the epicenter.

My question is, can the cch2o mag pumps push the water down to the chiller and back up while maintaining the pressure needed to run the system? maybe 3-4' of drop and back up. I may call cch2o tomo.

IMG 2390
IMG 2391
IMG 2392
IMG 2393
Bubba kush

Bubba kush

All the info for the pumps are on the danner website but I think you should be fine. I have the 1hp ecoplus chiller and it gives off a lot of heat. I got some 1" vinyl tube from home depot and used it for the chiller. Have fun hooking up the chillers...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
If your chiller is goin to be down stairs from your buckets, the pumps will not work and you will need to upgarde to a pump that will work with your 12'-15' verticle climb from your basement or garage back to the system. It is a pretty big pump that moves water vertical that far, I was using 1800gph pumps just to go up 12 feet in verticla rise.

Your spacing on the buckets is super tight, you will not even be able to get in the room at all much less down the middle of the setup..You will basiclaly be able top look from the door and have to crawl under your canopy on the floor to access any of them other than the ones closest to the door. I would remove a complete row of buckets and increase your side to side spacing.

Nothing in this industry is made in the US and especially Ecoplus stuff...all Chinese...I actually can not think of one item or company that is not produced in China almost 100%.

Cover the buckets and you won't need both those chillers, a 1/2hp setup is all you should ever need for that configuration.

Tex

H

hogan400

Tex, thanks for poppin in, my drop will only be 36 inches, there's a shelf these will rest on right beneath the sub floor directly under the epicenter. So probably 36" with a pair of elbows.

When you say a "row" you mean to create an "evo 18 " system? I dont mind it being tight if my yield is huge, but not at the risk of losing yield? I originally was going vert but got a lil gun shy being new to vert AND u.c. Figured to try horizontal first round for humor's sake. Then spread her out....

Half horsepower for both systems or one evo18? If I have 2 systems then im a manifold building mad man, to chill both together I guess?!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Much greater risk of loosing yield with them that close than spread out a little more...pest, mold, and static air will drive ya nuts.

More plants is rarely more yield in most spaces, less is more almost every time..

Tex

H

hogan400

Tex, I hear that, this is one of those times where a person feels like everything is just so completely alien.... I feel like I'm learning all over again. Guess this new build is out of my comfort zone, I'd rather have this room finished and get to lovin my ladies proper..

Tonight I moved buckets around some more. Kinda feel like a evo18/15 or evo12 with verts..... again.... seems I keep falling back to the original plan. Also prefer 2 systems in case I have a failure of some sort.

I have made several decisions on the build. I will hard plumb my air pumps and chillers with unions and ball valves. Scooped my new cap 16x timer. A.C is scheduled for pickup tomo and electrical sub panel install on Monday.

NEW NAME FOR THREAD..."U.C INDECISIVENESS 12K".....hahaha, fuck it, ima knock this shit out and laugh next week.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I am able to run 16 sites off one 1/3hp Artica chiller, you might not need both of those badass chillers and if your on the same nute schedule in each setup you can use a common chiller for both or use the chiller coils in both and save a complete chiller dollar wise.

Gettin out of your comfort zone is good, keeps ya alive....

Tex

H

hogan400

Still busy building....

Changed the plant count and spacing quite a bit, now 15 sites on 35" centers and I need to find some 3" cross pvc fittings the return tee's asap!!! Prepped the lighting suspension. I need to order a new large r.o. membrane and dehumidifier. Hopefully electrical will be tomo or Tue and a.c. on Wed...

Comfort zone back in check and coasting along.. when done with all this moving and changing, I ended up having a entire uce9xxl13 and 1/2hp chiller left. Maybe I'll set it up at my open spot and get a run in with it too.

H

hogan400

The final layout will be a 15 site evo, under 10K. It just makes more sense after reading countless threads and reconsidering my space. 35" centers. This rebuild has been a problem every step of the way...lagging from my electrician to my A.C. tek. The units are still sitting in my garage. My neighbors getting a little suspect as usual so I slowed down building some. Now I'm concerned about 3 a.c. units in my back yard...... guess I'll be building a small privacy fence too...

This was one of those days... my help was late and then I had to fix all his stupid screw ups. Also a gallon of bleach was spilled on my carpet in the hallway(girlfriend). Top it off my "pit" pissed all over the carpet in my living room..... he likes to run when he pisses too so the shit gets everywhere... Call him lazer dick, fucking dog!! The room is getting close. Update pics

basic layout and lights...

IMG 2399
IMG 2394
IMG 2395
IMG 2397
Top Bottom