2x4 coco tray and 2x 400/600w's what strain?

• Thread starter 20north
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

20north

so theres a system i have with a 2x4 tray and i have 2 400/600 lamps over the tray ive got all my roots organics coco ready i havent decided on a pot size yet . im still trying to decide what strain i should run. i already decided it is going to be an indica... i was thinking gdp or purple kush or purple urkle. im trying to get a decent amount of bud i was thinking i might be able to fit 12 little pots on my new 2x4 table

really any opinions or experiance on indica strains would be nice to read about i really cant decide its seems to have come down to purple kush alot of people seem to think it will yield a good amount. i have heard the purple urkle is stronger than the gdp is this true? but it doesnt yield anything

ps im thinking of doing a screen of green can any of these strains grow in a scrog?

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey bro I would be inclined to run the Erkle out of them choices you have. To get erkle to yield you gonna ahve to veg her a tad:) I think you would like her better than GDP.

:passingjoint:

gtd

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Out of those 3 purple strains I would deffinatly go with the urkle. Its a lot better smoke in my opinion. The only downside is it doesnt yield very well at all. It helps to veg for a while but even then it doesnt help a whole lot. (Speaking from experience). The GDP might have a bigger yield than the other two, Ive never grown it so im not positive but the genetics make sense. (Urkle x Big Bud). And The PK is a real nice smoke but like most Kush strains it wont yield very much, maybe a little more than the Urkle.

20north

yeah!! danny thank you man!! you the man !! i was thinking purple erkle... is there a difference between purple erkle and purple urkle ? ahah noe? really im glad you posted something danny thanks man!

peace!

20north

thanks bakedasbeans. the purple kush is really nice ive done it a couple times but not urkle ever!! ive done gdp too the smoke was decent i got the munchies all day long aahahah but smoke gets old quiet quickly....

does urkle have that appetite simulating effect also like gdp does?

has anyone ever scroged erkle ? is it not worth scroging ?

how does urkle grow best and does anyone have a nutrient regiment week by week? i can look at . i know casey jones has one ive looked at before . what does urkle like and not like to eat. what medium does it do the best in? is coco ebb n flow a good idea or is hydroton a better way to go? does it like lst more is lst going to be a waste of time? should i sort of super crop the plants?

how long does it make sense to veg this plant for?

when do you like to harvest the purple erkle/urkle ? i like completely amber trichs like 70%-90% amber

thanks for all the help already

C

ClearWater

That's pretty much exactly the same setup Im running with a 600w Sunpulse over each tray. I would say if your going to put 12 in there I personally would use a SOG over a SCROG technique but its up to you. Im only going to run 6 in each tray and lets them bush out a bit (depending on the strain). Try it out though hope it works out well. I would go with the urckle as well if your wanting a purple strain. I was running God's Gift which was OG x GDP and that did turn out to be a nice smoke though.

20north

its down to kens gdp or og fire it seems i dont know where im going to get a good erkle

that og x gdp is that really umm G-push? thats what i thought Og x gdp was but its been awhile .. i always liked smoking mr. nice g13x hashplant .. bluedream is really lame if thats all you have to smoke .

clearwater you should hold on to that strain it sounds pretty good! yea i think 12 is too many for a 2x4 tray . is hydroton as a medium going to make a room less humid than using coco ?

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

thanks bakedasbeans. the purple kush is really nice ive done it a couple times but not urkle ever!! ive done gdp too the smoke was decent i got the munchies all day long aahahah but smoke gets old quiet quickly....

does urkle have that appetite simulating effect also like gdp does?

has anyone ever scroged erkle ? is it not worth scroging ?

how does urkle grow best and does anyone have a nutrient regiment week by week? i can look at . i know casey jones has one ive looked at before . what does urkle like and not like to eat. what medium does it do the best in? is coco ebb n flow a good idea or is hydroton a better way to go? does it like lst more is lst going to be a waste of time? should i sort of super crop the plants?

how long does it make sense to veg this plant for?

when do you like to harvest the purple erkle/urkle ? i like completely amber trichs like 70%-90% amber

thanks for all the help already

I scroged mine. I ran 6 ladies in 10 gallon containers filled with coco and i veged them for quite a while ( Ill see if i can find some pics) long enough for the canopy to cover my 4x4 grow area. And danny is right in that you deffinatly have to veg em for a little. I found that scroging did pretty well for me it got plenty of light to some of those lower nugs which is especialy good for a smaller yielder. It also gives me some mean munchies and puts me right to bed no matter what time of day it is haha. As far as feeding goes I used the entire Advanced Connesseur line At 1200ppm peak and just went off of their chart thats on their website and it worked out really well and everyone was happy with the finished product. I harvested mine at day 66 with about 40% amber and that was long enough for it to get a nice purple color as well. The longer you let it go the more purple it is, and the more of that bedtime high you get. My flowers were still green with about 5% amber. Overall i was really happy with the urkle and it made remember why its one of my all time favorite smokes!:stonedsmilie:

C

ClearWater

I would say personally by ALL means go with the Fire. Your lucky to have some of those genetics and personally Id rock'em out. Im not sure about it being less humid. The watering will probably be a bit more frequently since the coco holds moisture better than hydroton I would say coco MAY make the room a bit more humid. Cocos the shit IMO and I dont think Ill stray away from it as my main medium. Hydroton would work well too if your just going to do a flood and drain system. I think youre right with the 12 being too much and Im glad you see that. Im running all mine in 3 gallons. Remember if you run the Fire's to train them accordingly

S

SkyHi

I would def think that hyfroton would make the room more humid than coco, coco will obsorb the moister, the hydroton cant absorb moister and requires more freuqent watering which equals more evaporation and humidity.IMO

C

ClearWater

Yea i guess that's true as well, I could see that. More floods - Higher RH

Latest posts

Top Bottom