3,200sq. Ft. Warehouse/help With Setup

• Thread starter Spectre
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Spectre

Spectre

Hey everyone. I'm moving into this place on May 1st and I'd like some input on where to start. Now I'm not jumping into this blind I know what I'm doing but I'm on a budget and today I found out the electrical will cost much more than I expected. So it looks like I'm gonna have to lower my expectations a bit in the beginning. I have about 25k for initial buildout (not including rent or any other expenses), so I'd like some input on stretching my money as far as I can. Thanks in advance guys!

3200sq ft warehousehelp with setup
rubthe nub

rubthe nub

25k won't go far in a space like that, electric work will eat that up by itself
sorry bro I hate to be the bearer of bad news

Maybe build a small room inside the space that you can later turn into a veg room.
Block off those skylights too, that'll fuck up your flower schedule sooner or later
Good Luck

Spectre

Spectre

25k won't go far in a space like that, sorry bro I hate to be the bearer of bad news

Maybe build a small room inside the space that you can later turn into a veg room.
Block off those skylights too, that'll fuck up your flower schedule sooner or later
Good Luck

Thanks for the input rub.

Trust me I know it won't go far. I planned on starting with one 20' x 20' x 10' bloom room w/ 12 lights, then expand in the future. The rooms would framed separately so I'm not worried about the skylights.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

You should be close to pulling a 12 lighter with that capital
You're going to have to do all/most of the work though.

Going to need a AC unit, probably around 5 ton
Then your lights, go coco or dirt.
Absolutely need a dehuey, etc....

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

You might be able to go cheap on the walls for a single grow but not best for long term

Spectre

Spectre

You should be close to pulling a 12 lighter with that capital
You're going to have to do all/most of the work though.

Going to need a AC unit, probably around 5 ton
Then your lights, go coco or dirt.
Absolutely need a dehuey, etc....

Building the rooms I can do myself. Only thing I can't do is electrical because it's 3-phase which I know nothing about. Was thinking of running a 5Ton chiller which would cover the first 2 rooms I build on a flip, expensive though. Also wanted to go with DE fixtures but also expensive.

Billyboat

Billyboat

10-12 Nanolux de's and a york 5 ton split ac...Going to need at least 1 quest 205 for dehuy...
8-10k on build out (from lumber, insulation, drywall, electrical, wire, outlets etc)
15k-17 on grow equipment
Gonna be a tight budget

The chiller route is a great idea but not cost effective at all for you. You are looking at 10-12k for all the set up equipment for 2 5 ton airhandlers, 1 chiller, 1 hp pump, and all the plumbing...

Spectre

Spectre

Thanks Billy, I'll definitely consider your advice. It's gonna be tight but I don't mind starting small.

If I went the chiller route I'd only start with 1 air handler, even so I got quoted at about 8k w/ tubing, res, pump etc. Could definitely save by going with a traditional A/C but I'd have to bring in an HVAC guy, also can't run another room off of it later.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I debated this subject for many days on some of my build outs...

The biggest con of using 1 chiller for two rooms is if the chiller ever goes down you lose both rooms a/c not just one.

That alone sealed the deal for me. I like redundancy.

B

butchdsd

If you worked with single phase before(with success) you should be fine working with three phase....

Spectre

Spectre

I debated this subject for many days on some of my build outs...

The biggest con of using 1 chiller for two rooms is if the chiller ever goes down you lose both rooms a/c not just one.

That alone sealed the deal for me. I like redundancy.

Makes sense. Probably a better idea to start that way. Thanks again Billy any other advice is welcome.

Spectre

Spectre

If you worked with single phase before(with success) you should be fine working with three phase....

I have a good friend who's a pro who I don't mind bringing in. He won't screw me on the price so I'd rather just let him handle it. The panels, wire, transformer is whats gonna cost me on that end..

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

I'm not an electrician but I think you can pull single phase 220/240 out of that 3 220/240. I think you just omit one of the legs,fwiw. I'd check into that. Most lights will run on 240/220 and save a couple amps in the process.

B

butchdsd

Having an electrician on your team is huge.....The hardware is what really costs...wasn't that way pre 911...nothings really improved...just costs more...funny how that doesn't work with most markets....LOL....

B

B

butchdsd

You can have your lights set-up from the factory(depending on the manufacture) to run three phase...

Spectre

Spectre

Thanks for all the input guys. I'll know more about the electrical on Monday. The building is still being cleaned up so I couldn't get a good look at the panel today.

Billyboat

Billyboat

You can have your lights set-up from the factory(depending on the manufacture) to run three phase...

I've never seen 3 phase lights...Just lights that run on 277v up to 480v.

Not all 3 phase is the same. You could have a high leg, or something that gives you 480v or 3 phase like I have, that is actually 200-208v. 3 phase is not any more difficult to work with once you know what you are working with.

Cheers

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

So this is what I would do. First, you're on the right track by estimating electrical, but depending in where you are I can't imagine more than 5 k on all the power. Second, what type of equipment? If you're in a place where you can buy solid used equipment or you find the best internet deal you should be at no more than 500 per light. That said I would split the warehouse into 4 different 6 light rooms and keep a nice solid veg space as well , possibly 2 veg rooms one for little girls ran with fluorescents and then one for larger plants with hids. This should put you at 17k for lights and electrical. Take out another 2 for drywall and construction and you should have 6 k leftover for veg room, fans and a small ac. Of course cutting costs anywhere necessary to help with fluctuating temps is a must.

Spectre

Spectre

So this is what I would do. First, you're on the right track by estimating electrical, but depending in where you are I can't imagine more than 5 k on all the power. Second, what type of equipment? If you're in a place where you can buy solid used equipment or you find the best internet deal you should be at no more than 500 per light. That said I would split the warehouse into 4 different 6 light rooms and keep a nice solid veg space as well , possibly 2 veg rooms one for little girls ran with fluorescents and then one for larger plants with hids. This should put you at 17k for lights and electrical. Take out another 2 for drywall and construction and you should have 6 k leftover for veg room, fans and a small ac. Of course cutting costs anywhere necessary to help with fluctuating temps is a must.

I'm in Southern Cali. Some stuff i can get used like fans but i'm trying to bring in as much new equipment as possible to avoid problems later. The DE fixtures I can get around $400 ea. Regular basic HIDs for $130 ea. So I'm thinking of just going with 2 rooms of wings, 12 lights per room on a flip (no flip-box). 6-Light rooms don't feel worth the effort in this space.

Gonna go with OSB over drywall for sheeting, much easier to work with IMO.

Top Bottom