3.6k SCROG in two 3mx1.5m tents, check it!

• Thread starter jimbobthe3rd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jimbobthe3rd

Hi guys, this is my first run with SCROGging, first run in tents, and overall, my 3rd run ever with these lovely plants Lol XD.

So i have 3x600 watt lucagrow lights in each tent, with one plant below each of the lights. In total, 6 plants, 3.6k watts.

I would like your guys opinions on this style of growing, i personally don't smoke too much, alot of this is to get me through university >_>. So thus i'm not concerned 100% on the quality, i'd rather go for 50% quality 50% quantity.

Has anyone grown like this before? And what yields do you expect me to get? I was told i could achieve 300-400grams per plant in this style of growing with one light for one plant.

The stats;
Screen's are 3mx80cm.
Temp/Humid is 28degrees celcius, humidity 43% with lights on. And 16 degrees celcius, humidity 66% with lights off.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as i am still a fairy new grower trying to sort my shit out! XD.

Would someone recommend a complete different growing style to maximise yield in these tents? Maybe only two plants in each but do trees? Who knows xD, ur feedback is appreciated again!

-Jimbob

Note: The photos are taken just as i have tucked under all the tips ^^. They are in week 3 of grow, after 1 more week i will turn them :D.

36k scrog in two 3mx15m tents check it
36k scrog in two 3mx15m tents check it 2
devious d

devious d

not a scrog man but looks like you got that set up sound, the MPB,S YOU CAN READ LOADS ON HEAR FOR GROWING TREES, IM ABOUT TO TRY A CROSS BETWEEN FLOOD AND DRAIN AND MPB GOOD LUCK IM SURE SOMEONE MORE EXPERIENED IN SCROG WILL HELP YOU

J

jimbobthe3rd

Thanks for your reply!

How is it not a scrog o.O? I'll be trimming off everything under the nets in a day or two :x? Maybe i got confused doing my research xD.

D

Dulce

not a scrog man but looks like you got that set up sound, the MPB,S YOU CAN READ LOADS ON HEAR FOR GROWING TREES, IM ABOUT TO TRY A CROSS BETWEEN FLOOD AND DRAIN AND MPB GOOD LUCK IM SURE SOMEONE MORE EXPERIENED IN SCROG WILL HELP YOU

Huh??? Yes it IS a scrog ( and a pretty nice one at that -good job). Also how the he'll do you do a cross between MPB and flood and drain??? Sounds fishy....

Anyway, really nice set up man. You could start to do trees in a tent, but why not just stick to scrogging? With the set up you have it seems the most efficient way to maxamize yields with your set up.

Whatever you choose good luck :)

~D~

T

treadly

i think devious may have been saying that he himself is not a scrog man!
what you have there is a scrog and as you say have a good trim underneath and stay on top of the training and you should be all good :)

400g per plant woud be .66g per watt which is very acheivable..

your current style is great for keeping plant numbers down (important depending where you are) but if plant numbers arnt a prob sog will harvest the same (some say more) and you will get a much more regular harvest! I am a lover of scrog as low plant numbers are v-important to me!

what are you growing there, what in, what you feeding them etc?

tread

J

jimbobthe3rd

Cheers man, since it's my first run with the tents, i wasn't sure which grow style to go with to get maximum yield. I was thinkin at the start two tree's with two lights over each and a vertical in the middle. Then i thought why not do scrogging and just have 3 square metres of big fat buds, easier to trim than trees since im a one man army XD haha.

M

mrdizzle

thats a scrog, I dunno what devious D is smoking. forget the trees bro you can do fine with that set up, do a lot of training and get a dense cluster of budsites

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I think he was saying that "He wasn't a scrog man", not that the grow isn't a scrog....cause it obviously is.

Looks good Jimbo! Integra has a pretty trick way of scrogging. He grows a bush, flips it and lets it stretch, then he puts his screen in. I wish I had done something like that. I filled my screen up and then flipped. I wound up having to put an extra screen in to keep the buds from falling over on top of each other.

Take a look at my signature. I just finished a scrog run and I think I did fairly well. If I were to do another scrog there are a few things I would do differently but overall I am pleased a punch right now.

J

jimbobthe3rd

Yea man thanks for the input! I've actually already built the extra frames to go 25cm on top of the current frames, but with a larger hole sized net for support of the buds. I grew this strain in trees in another room and fell into a mess when i only had one net, i thought the top half of my plants disappeared but all the heads fell over laying horizontal on the net. I'm going to read your thread right now and study up :)).

What sort of yields do you get from your scrogging? You find the yields good?

J

jimbobthe3rd

Day 22 of flower, both tents, they're looking really good. Any opinions from anyone? I still can't really find what strain it is.

I'm using Xplode stage 1,2 & 3 and Superbud for my additives. With dutchmaster A&B flower for the base nutes.

I'm really curious as to what i'll yield with this lot >_<.

Your feedback is appreciated!

SDC15380
SDC15386
SDC15387
SDC15388
SDC15389
SDC15391
A

antimatter

Looking ridiculously chunky for day 22 I think your gonna do a lot better than your original estimates if those things keep packing it on.

J

jimbobthe3rd

Lol yea i hope so, this strain seems to not stretch at all during flower(just about 3~7cms more stretch once turned), it just gets fatter and fatter, i've only grown once before this..and the final buds were just shy the fatness of a 2L coke bottle. And they were heavy as frick...The first time i grown this strain, they were 80% amber at the end of week 6 start of 7. Does this mean that this strain might be an early finisher? Since at day 1 of week 7 they were pretty much 99% amber, that's a 53 day finish? Is this right? Or am i smoking too much XD.

A

antimatter

Lol yea i hope so, this strain seems to not stretch at all during flower(just about 3~7cms more stretch once turned), it just gets fatter and fatter, i've only grown once before this..and the final buds were just shy the fatness of a 2L coke bottle. And they were heavy as frick...The first time i grown this strain, they were 80% amber at the end of week 6 start of 7. Does this mean that this strain might be an early finisher? Since at day 1 of week 7 they were pretty much 99% amber, that's a 53 day finish? Is this right? Or am i smoking too much XD.

2L coke bottle and finishing that fast holy f*ck! curious to see how frosty they are at finish.

J

jimbobthe3rd

Lol xD, ill keep posted with an update in a few days, i might get a shot of my other project if you're interested? I call it the big-scrog lol, it's 4 trees in a 1.8mx1.8m net all weaved up n under to fill out the net, then grown 1-2 ft taller to a 2nd support net, not trimming anything off under neath, i'm using 1 central 400w underlight, and two rotating 600w verticals at the lower level, with 5 600w horizontals on top of the 2nd support net for the 2ft of penetration until the lower lights XD.

If anyone wants i can post a pic or two up.

devious d

devious d

yes i was saying i dont do scrog myself:bubblez: aS SHORT SIGHTED AS I AM I COULDNT HAVE MISSED THAT 3M SCREEN, but it looked fine and looks even better now with then big buds bursting through , but been hit by height restrictions having to work with a 1.5 x1.5 x2.0 tent on its side 1.5 high so goner try a screen the same as yours with 5 plants in autopots , as they look fine bro:damnhippie:

J

jimbobthe3rd

haha cheers man yea after i re-read it i understood :P, i think next time instead of puttin 3 plants in each tent i'll have 6 in each, and just move the lights to the center. The reflectivity of the tent should compensate for the approx 50-60cm of non-direct light the outer sides of the new plants will get. I think i could improve my yield by 30-40% doing this..i dont know why i didnt do it to start with T_T lol.

J

jimbobthe3rd

Day 25, only a few days since my last update of pics, but they have just finished the Superbud additive round which i put in on day 21, and they finished in 4 days, so now it's day 25 lol..., and dude, are they ment to be this fat at day 25??? It's only just been over 3 weeks since turned, and yea..is it normal? I dont know since i've only rain the strain once before... And the last time i ran it, they finished in at 100% amber at day 52~53.

Feedback pls ~~.

SDC15397
SDC15402
devious d

devious d

Jimbo there banging my bro,gonna have buds like babys arms, top job mate P.S dont worry about it being normal size:sun2:you must have it dialed in 100% on the nail.

J

jimbobthe3rd

So..i figured out why i don't have colas..and why i have mega-fat buds and why i finish early Lol.

Apparently, the additives i use, Xplode 1,2&3 + Superbud, make the plant instantly go into flowering on day 1, and completely stop stretch, and it's norm to take 1-2 weeks off finishing time once used superbud. I'm not sure if i'm losing yield due to not letting more nodes grow and developing a big cola? But i know i'm getting good yield because of the dense and heavy as fuck buds that the superbud + xplode hardender produce Lol, what to do what to do...i want pretty looking colas but still hard buds T_T.

A

antimatter

man that is some crazy shit, I personally don't think its normal to get buds that fat so early.

Top Bottom