3" Bulkhead seal problems.

• Thread starter Pimpernickel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pimpernickel

I'm not having much luck getting my bulkheads to seal. I made sure the surfaces were clean and jiggle the pipe back and forth trying to get a little more turn on the nut but some are still leaking. Any tips?

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

I can't speak from experience because I don't own the system myself, but I've read lots of farmers talk about a little ridge basically on the bulkhead that needs to sit just right inside the hole, and you hold it there while screwing the nut tight.
*I think there's a video showing the installation somewhere around here....
** found it

L

larebowm

deburr hole make sure rubber washer is on outside of tank so you dont get thread leak.
dont tighten until washer blows out.

Alice D

Alice D

still having troubles bro? I've had my share of leaks and my system being on a wood floor that is not very level or is warped in some spots from leakage i've had to put little shims on one side of module to get them level also i've noticed if your system isn't square your going to have problems.Make sure your manifolds are the same distance apart in front vs back.Hope you got it worked out

Delerium

Delerium

still having troubles bro? I've had my share of leaks and my system being on a wood floor that is not very level or is warped in some spots from leakage i've had to put little shims on one side of module to get them level also i've noticed if your system isn't square your going to have problems.Make sure your manifolds are the same distance apart in front vs back.Hope you got it worked out

Is it a subfloor or finished wood floor? I roll out some garage floor epoxy on my wood floor. That will help with wood floor suckin up water, making high and low spots and delaminating. Usually every run or two I would roll out another gallon usually 2 of epoxy on the floor. Wood expands and contracts so at the seams I make sure I use the roller or brush and get the epoxy well coated along the seams. Every cpl of runs if not everyone, roll out some more epoxy and eventually the floor will be a lot smoother and waterproof.

Delerium

Delerium

I'm not having much luck getting my bulkheads to seal. I made sure the surfaces were clean and jiggle the pipe back and forth trying to get a little more turn on the nut but some are still leaking. Any tips?

Big ChannelLock (water pump pliers) 460 or 480 models are for 2 and 3 inch. They are a life saver

Amber

Amber

Big ChannelLock (water pump pliers) 460 or 480 models are for 2 and 3 inch. They are a life saver
Gosh we have those pliers sitting right there for our cap where we empty the system and never even thought to use em on the bulk heads. Good idea duh.:rolleyes:

ri420patient

ri420patient

I've had a few problems but turned out the bucket was cracked on the seam and over tightening is def a no no start hand tight and then only go a quarter turn after that I made a wrench out of a water filter wrench just modified it with a grinder wheel works great

Delerium

Delerium

I've had a few problems but turned out the bucket was cracked on the seam and over tightening is def a no no start hand tight and then only go a quarter turn after that I made a wrench out of a water filter wrench just modified it with a grinder wheel works great
I have an extra bucket just in case i kick that sucker.
any o-ring leaks or glue leaks

Y

yourmomsfav

The problem is the outer seal on some of the first models to use the bulkheads is thinner than the current ones. not by much but if you having issues with water "dribbling" from your bulkhead that may be the solution. I have held my old systems bulkhead up to my new one and its very noticable the thickness from the old to the new..... I wonder if CCH2O would offer an exchange program or at the very least sell the thicker neopreme seals at discounted price.

HighDesertMMJ

HighDesertMMJ

I've had leaking issues caused by the thin seals, picked up some thicker ones locally and replaced them all. I have also had leaks at the bulkhead fitting where they are glued to the PVC pipe due to the wrong glue being used, a very specific product is required to glue ABS (the bulkhead) to PVC (the white pipe), CCH2O used the wrong stuff at least on mine, E-mailed Dan about this issue so they are aware.

Top Bottom