3 Leaf Fans, Deformed Leaves Since Seedling

• Thread starter Balanque
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Balanque

Balanque

Attached a picture, plant is a white widow fem i got for free with a seed order. Has been this way since she was a seedling, hasn't affected any of my other plants. Anyone know what is up with the bent fan leaves and how most of them are only 3 leaves? Started her off under 4, 4 foot t5ho of mixed spectrum, now in flower chamber under cmh. Growing like a weed now, should I even be concerned?
3 leaf fans deformed leaves since seedling

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

id say somewere down the line someone had a reveg they breed,early sexing does that too

scott.0691

scott.0691

I use well water and was using CaliMagic and some of her leaves were curling like that...she was getting too much of either or and went with FloraMicro for Hardwater stopped using CaliMagic...and she responded..and flourished...not saying that's what is going on with yours but it looks similar

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Attached a picture, plant is a white widow fem i got for free with a seed order. Has been this way since she was a seedling, hasn't affected any of my other plants. Anyone know what is up with the bent fan leaves and how most of them are only 3 leaves? Started her off under 4, 4 foot t5ho of mixed spectrum, now in flower chamber under cmh. Growing like a weed now, should I even be concerned? View attachment 824579
I have a plant growing like that currently. It grows 3&4 fingers & I have a seedling that's been growing 3 finger leaves

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

You are being racist against that plant Balanqué sir. I’m deeply offended. You sir should be more tolerant of its choice whether it be 3 leaves, 14 leaves, etc. Just jokes bud how’s she doing now?

1StCavApache

1StCavApache

How cold was it during the seedling stage? Did it spend a lot of time in a cool tent? Sometimes I have noticed that happen to me when they get really cold(as in below 70) in the first 3 weeks. I have a freebie purple indica going right now that's only 5 nodes but still throwing off three bladed twisted fans.

Balanque

Balanque

How cold was it during the seedling stage? Did it spend a lot of time in a cool tent? Sometimes I have noticed that happen to me when they get really cold(as in below 70) in the first 3 weeks. I have a freebie purple indica going right now that's only 5 nodes but still throwing off three bladed twisted fans.
My heat was around 78degrees, but i do have a couple theories. 1. Possibly my promix was too acidic(didnt soak before potting) 2. I had no timer and was running 16/8, so maybe not long enough days for her specifically? None of my seedlings are having this issue since I remedied those 2 things. Once that plant started flowering she quickly developed calcium issues, flushed and fixed it but the leaf damagw is quite severe.

1StCavApache

1StCavApache

That's a great temp for babies. Sometimes they just gotta give you a little shit or growing wouldn't be fun. I haven't tried running Promix before but I plan on doing on once I move into a little bigger space. Is that the media you use all the time?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I had a few girls last year that got toxified early on from a spider mite infestation. I didn't know anything about spider mites back then so they got pretty thick on the plant. By the time I got them under control my Creamsicle were already in the flower cycle where the leaves naturally produce fewer fingers. Only saw a couple sets of 5's before harvest. I'm not saying you have bug problems, though it's always good to do regular pest checks with a 30x loupe or better, but the mites caused serious nitrogen deficiencies, among others nutes. My point is, in my experience, a long term nutrient deficiency can cause permanent changes in growth patterns. IMO, don't worry about how many fingers they have. Just make sure you don't have any pests and focus on making sure those 3 leaf sets stay healthy through a stable nutrient regime, a good no-till method, or quality organic soil and compost amendments.

Focus on pinpointing the cause of the problem that way your not constantly running behind the symptoms playing catch-up. I just dealt with a Broad Mite infestation that caused those exact symptoms. You'll need at least a 60x loupe or 100x scope to check for them. They're much smaller (1/5 the sise) than Spider Mites. If you do have an infestation of Broad Mites/Cyclomen Mites (they cause clawing and a knarled leaf curl like you have) then Flying Skull's Nuke Em should eradicate them. I think it works on Russet mites (leave dead branch ends and leaf knarl/curling like the Broads, but also leave a brown dusting of bodies) as well but you'd have to check. Azamax works on Spider Mites (they leave little clusters of white freckles on the top side of leaves).

If you do have Broads it looks like they aren't too far to recover. Broad mite phytotoxins do not dissipate after the mites are dead. The leaves that are damaged do not recover and if there's high enough % of toxin then they will eventually die with no chance of recovery. If they are very young and you can replace them, sometimes it's the better option

ie, Broad Mite damage... (too small for me to get any pics of the actual mites)
20180831 075035
20180901 073936

Two Spot Spider Mites (the Borg)...
20180824 165754

1StCavApache

1StCavApache

but I had a run in with those borg spider mites it did not go well. I did learn a lot as a rookie grower though back then about mites and how important keeping my room clean was. Nasty bastards but I haven't had to deal with the broad or russet mites yet and hope to not have to.

Top Bottom