3 Per Light ... Who's Hitting It?

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
907debow1234

907debow1234

Sorry for my ignorance but what's the deal with these lights you speak so highly of. I'm a user of mh/hps. And open to switch for better results.. any collecting dust like others speak of feel free to send Em to Alaska. I could put Em to use.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

The Secret Recipe

Healthy plants, proper environment all day and night from day one till finish that mean lighting and environment, proper irrigation and nutrient practices, no bugs, wilt, pm, no decencies, knowing your strain, nutes, and equipment. Proper maintenance pruining, cleaning, cloning and ipm. Proper veg times proper plant placement.

Not taking short cuts, using band aides or rushing anything.

Genetics play into also but isn't luck or a gavita, or a box of rockwool it's every little thing every day.
Damn Terps I'm giving it my best effort.... I'm hoping I can get there... I've spent the money on the environment and room instead of some new light..
I heard it said over and over. Get your environment in check....

LI grows

LI grows

2.88 avg gpw over 10 week period with Liberty Haze clones perpetual style....not including AC, Fans, heaters, etc...

Unknown 2

LI grows

LI grows

Image1
i have 6 lights , but that's irrelevant because 3 of them are only 132 watts and the other 3 are 600 for a 2200 watt total in the bloom chamber. Additionally there is a 400 wwatts in veg chamber.
I came up with the 2.88 grams per watt back in June 2016. Harvesting over 10 zips per week. Im not doing as well lately but trying to get back there. Breeding experiments and heat issues this past summer cut my yeild in half, but i just replaced old bulbs and got everything dialed in again. 1000 seeds to play with.
3 GPW is a realistic goal for me.

Last edited:
The Terps

The Terps

Can you post a picture of this @LI grows? I'm pretty sceptical about your statement as that would make you the most efficient gph guy on the site maybe the world. As no one here is even averaging half that claim. I mean your saying you get 14 1/2 lbs off 3 600s and three what seems to be 3 leds or incandescent lights. And your room seems to be around a 10x10 or an 8x8? Putting you at about 64 grams per sq ft that puts you at averaging around 20 grams per square foot more than what the rest of the top farmers are producing. I'm trying to believe you but that just seems so unrealistic.

LI grows

LI grows

I think i have about 7o #3 pots in the bloom chamber.
I flip 8 plants a week and harvest 8. Its perpetual style.
over 1/2 lb per week dried.
And youre right, 1.3 ounce per plant

The Terps

The Terps

IMG 0583
IMG 0571
IMG 0610
That was an 8 light 22-1/2lb run those plants were 4.75 feet out of the medium those pics were about two weeks from harvest so I just can't fathom even half of this room fitting in your room. Let alone with 1/2 the wattage

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

so at 1/2 lb per week over 10 wks gives you 5 lbs not even close to 3 grams per wat?
You are killing it Terps! I love taking a look at your grows. My buddies that have a real nice pole barn rdwc have done it but they have overhead DE lighting with vert bulbs in between rows of plants. They have only hit the 3 per light mark a couple times and it was only with one strain. Plants were literally 7ft tall and biggest ones hit 4# per plant. To this day i have never seen indoor trees like that. He preaches its all about having environment absolutely controlled and consistent. Seems like double ended lighting is also a must and 12 ft ceilings definitely help. I have only hit 2 per light but im only working with a basement stuffed full of lights. so im focusing on trying to pull the most i can per square foot rather than gpw.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

There's a realistic number thanks for clairifying

1.3 gpw is still 2.9 a light. I've seen grows that looked in much better shape that was about 1 gpw. No offense Ll grows but I've been growing for close to 20 years and am pretty good at calling bullshit.

This thread is about techniques, lighting layouts, nutrient feed schedules and all other variables we can use to reach this goal collectively. So let's share knowledge and please no inflated egos.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm ashamed. I barely hit .67 gpw. My last grow was 3 plants that nested me 440 grams under 1k hps but I also threw in a 600w mh the last 20 days or so.
I really think that mh helped. And 1600w in a 4x4 foot print is overkill but I wanted to see what mixing both spectrums would do ... a firm believer in using mh in last days of flower. Or some supplemental lighting...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

1.3 gpw is still 2.9 a light. I've seen grows that looked in much better shape that was about 1 gpw. No offense Ll grows but I've been growing for close to 20 years and am pretty good at calling bullshit.

This thread is about techniques, lighting layouts, nutrient feed schedules and all other variables we can use to reach this goal collectively. So let's share knowledge and please no inflated egos.
Sorry my ego inflated the first auto that netted me 50 grams lol :)
BUT i never show it because in the big scheme of things, im no more than a shit stain in old underwear...
Like my father said, there is always someone bigger, faster, tougher, and you usually will meet him when you lose control of your ego. Well he actually said" when you run your mouth", but i think they mean the same thing.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom