3 Per Light ... Who's Hitting It?

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LI grows

LI grows

I don't understand how "per light" is relevant when all lights are not equal wattage.
I believe my "perpetual style" is most efficient use of my space and wattage.
I have 8 (sometimes 9) groups of 8 plants.
plants that are in weeks 1 and 2 are to one side of my space and centered under the low intensity LEDs. Each week when i harvest out a group and flip a new group plants are moved around so that my week 4-5-6 groups are centered under the HPS lights. Groups 7-8 are moved toward the opposite wall as the 1-2 week groups.
This way i believe i am making best use of the sweet part of the lights when most of the bud weight is packed on in weeks 4-5-6 and thats when they are centered under the 3-600wat HPSs.
Not much happens in week 1 and 2 and the same goes for week 7-8.
Thats my intended technique, often times i shuffle plants around to fills holes in the canopy and its not always exactly 8 plants flipped per week. i have 16 plants coming out this week. I spend about 20 hrs a week farming and work a regular job as a carpenter. No bullshit...I work my ass off.
my space is 9x13 with 7' ceilings. I use a combination of Mainlining, Lollypopping ,Super cropping, Low Stress training to maintain an even canopy.
I started growing (indoors) about 3 years ago and almost everything ive learned was from here on THCfarmer.

Im using Happy Frog soil in #3 pots. AN nutes, Sensi Bloom, Big bud, Bud igniter, B52, voodoo, Bud candy, Ooverdrive as well as Rapid Start and Rock resonator.
I feed every 4th day. Group 5 gets 1300ppm and groups 4 and 6 gett 1100 ppm, etc...
There is no space for me to walk into and water the bloom chamber without pulling group 1 and 2 (16 plants) into anoter space where i have a work light set up.
I have several strains going now...

Liberty Haze (Barneys Farm)--- Probably the strongest and frostiest and ive vbeen growning this from 1 seed for almost 3 years.

Medicine Man(Mr. Nice) --- This is a new strain for me and i just harvested 4 plants. Only dried about 10 days and i love the way it smokes. Not as frosty as Liberty haze but its a powerfuk strain.

Sunshine Daydream (Bohdi) --- Nothing but bad luck with Bodhi gear thus far. My 1st order only 1 of 11 germinated and it was a male. The seed retailer made good on it and replaced my order. Then i popped 5 seeds and 3 were male and 1 herm. I harvested 1 Sunshine and it looks great... Almost as frosty as liberty i havent smoked it yet because im testing the 4 Medicine mans.

Red Cherry Berry (Barneys) --- I thought it was really good but it just didnt have the Bag appeal and most of my customers preferred the Libery Haze. Frost sells. Not a very strong strain but nice smoke.

I also have Vanillia Kush and LSD from Barneys that i havent flipped yet. Nebula Mango Haze just flipped, was a freebie.

The Terps

The Terps

Ya but you aren't counting the wasted months or weeks it took you get into perpetual! When you run perpetual you can use math a few different ways to make your numbers seem inflated as you can cram like you said 7 harvest in a 10 week period after you spent equal time not producing anything at all. if you weren't perpetual which this thread isn't about you would harvest at best 5.5 lbs in 10weeks. Which I don't think is very feasible still. I know this for fact no one running mixed strains are hitting those numbers they are running things at optimal effiency that you can't come close to obtaining with a perpetual style grow.

The Terps

The Terps

@LI grows an example of number manipulation.
Let's say I have 10 lights I start my "grow clock" and I yeild 30 lbs a day later this gives another 8 weeks to finish another 30 lbs equaling 60lbs in 8 weeks and one day. Or a "perpetual yeild" of 6 lbs per light in only 61 days. I mean no disrespect but you should wait till you have your numbers dialed in before posting on this thread again just cause your confusing all of us.
@LI grows perpetual is very inefficient you don't see any commercial grows other than the million square ft green house veggie/ ornamental guys doing this as if feasible in a gh that size where light intensity isn't absolute must. Your entire environment should be different from the begging vs end I don't see how you see that to be "most productive". Most productive is having having one room dialed with one strain that you have also dialed in a system that can tailor to that rooms needs. You can't do that perpetual

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

I've got everything dialed. I'm running de with adjustawings. Plants are extremely healthy standing strait up praying to the lights, growing 3-4 inches a day. My footprint is 4 x 5'4" with the wings. Running 12k right now. Temp humidity 77-70 dtw coco/perlite with heavy 16 aptus. Top fed multiple times a day with low ppm 400-500 at 5.9ph. I've got everything pretty well set but don't think my footprint is big enough to hit 3. Best to date is 2.25 under a 4x4 footprint
I'd call that pretty good myself.

LI grows

LI grows

I found this formula in one of my posts from about 1 year ago.
I have a slightly different setup now and im just coming out of a breeding experiment that caused many plants to get pollinated.Before that i had a few months with summer heat issues... Long story short my yield has suffered.
Last March i was yielding 1.3 grams per watt and that includes the veg chamber.
2000 watts...That includes 400watt Veg chamber

37 grams per plant X 8 = 296 (10.5z) ((PER WEEK))
296 X 9weeks = 2664grams(95z)
2664g / 2000watts =1.3 grams per watt over 9 week period
2664g / 1600watts =1.6 grams per watt over 9 week period just Bllom chamber

LI grows

LI grows

I dont understand the concept of "Per Light" how many lights you have is irrelevant if you dont specify wattage.

The Terps

The Terps

Like I said above your manipulating numbers man and have derailed this thread. And everyone else in this thread knows that when you talk about 3 lb per light grows they are referring to de 1000 watt lighting as it's the only capable fixture of acquiring those numbers! Making it very relevant to the guys in this thread

F

FooDoo

Like I said above your manipulating numbers man and have derailed this thread. And everyone else in this thread knows that when you talk about 3 lb per light grows they are referring to de 1000 watt lighting as it's the only capable fixture of acquiring those numbers! Making it very relevant to the guys in this thread

Mine was on SE *wink* *wink*

The Terps

The Terps

Alright let's call that a settle argument and move on. Current thing that's been on my mind. As far as yeild goes we all can agree environment is key and vpd is KING. So what I seem to notice is that 80degrees f is too hot for most of my strains. And I seem to getter better growth at 70-75f rather than 75-80
Flower wk 1-4: 75f at 65-70%rh
Wk 4-7: 70-75f at60-65% rh
Wk7-9: 66-70f at 55-60%rh
Those are all lights on numbers typically I'm minus 5 f +10 rh lights off cause my environmental controlling abilities aren't that advanced. Anyone else do it different?

LI grows

LI grows

First you dont believe me, then im derailing your post, wasting my time in veg phase. Really? I think its your ego is blocking you from understanding a new and different concept.
Not only is my technique perpetual but my plants move across the center of the lights, where week 4-5-6 are getting the most intensity and week 1-2, 7-8 least intensity. Thats what makes it more efficient.
Im growing 80 plants under 3- 600 watt lights.

Last edited:
F

FooDoo

First you dont believe me, then im derailing your post, wasting my time in veg phase. Really? I think its your ego is blocking you from understanding a new and different concept.
Not only is my technique perpetual but my plants move across the center of the lights, where week 4-5-6 are getting the most intensity and week 1-2, 7-8 least intensity. Thats what makes it more efficient.
Im growing 80 plants under 3- 600 watt lights.

Give it a rest man. Want a pat on the back to stop posting in this thread about perpetual when no one else is practicing that technique in here ?

The Terps

The Terps

My ego has nothing to do with it this all started cause you can't do math lol. Your concept isn't new like I said if it was efficient commercial gardens would do it. And the ones that do perpetual do so by the acre which is something that would make your head spin. And good thing I don't believe you cause you straight lied up front to yourself about hitting 14 lbs off 2200 watts and everyone went whoa and now you say you still crush it in a garden that can't control the environment and have herms in lol

F

FooDoo

Alright let's call that a settle argument and move on. Current thing that's been on my mind. As far as yeild goes we all can agree environment is key and vpd is KING. So what I seem to notice is that 80degrees f is too hot for most of my strains. And I seem to getter better growth at 70-75f rather than 75-80
Flower wk 1-4: 75f at 65-70%rh
Wk 4-7: 70-75f at60-65% rh
Wk7-9: 66-70f at 55-60%rh
Those are all lights on numbers typically I'm minus 5 f +10 rh lights off cause my environmental controlling abilities aren't that advanced. Anyone else do it different?

Same. Even with 600 watt SE some of my girls show tiny sign leaf edge curl from heat at 80 degrees room temp.

It's what made me decide to look for a good IR gun online. Better to go by canopy temperature of 82 for vpd as opposed to room temperature

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

To clarify I started this thread to see if there was anyone out there hitting 3 per light. I didn't think specifically defining a 1000w de lamp was necessary seeing how I find it vertually impossible to achieve this with anything else. There was a book recently written titled " 3 a light" and the author claims to be able to show in a tutorial how to achieve this for a mer 500 bucks a copy,

I'm wanting this thread to be more about information and less about arguing. Let's try to stay on topic and continue to share the wealth of knowledge.

@The Terps thanks for sharing your photos and sharing your experience with the rest of us. You definitely have a green thumb.

I will be posting some pics of my 12k garden that I just built out soon to share my specs to see what I can push out per light this time.

Top Bottom