3 Per Light ... Who's Hitting It?

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Alright let's call that a settle argument and move on. Current thing that's been on my mind. As far as yeild goes we all can agree environment is key and vpd is KING. So what I seem to notice is that 80degrees f is too hot for most of my strains. And I seem to getter better growth at 70-75f rather than 75-80
Flower wk 1-4: 75f at 65-70%rh
Wk 4-7: 70-75f at60-65% rh
Wk7-9: 66-70f at 55-60%rh
Those are all lights on numbers typically I'm minus 5 f +10 rh lights off cause my environmental controlling abilities aren't that advanced. Anyone else do it different?

I have seen the best results from 72-78. I like to run as close to 77-70 I can through stretch then run it a little cooler. When I flush I aim for 70-50 until they finish up

907debow1234

907debow1234

So despite strain what's the average height folks go for before putting them into bud.?? Knowing they stretch in the bud room.

The Terps

The Terps

What strain what kind of spread what medium how many plants ceiling height sog? Scrog? Irrigation methods. If you want a real answer. If your looking for a magic number I'll guess 2ft or between 0.5 to 6.5 feet

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

Alright let's call that a settle argument and move on. Current thing that's been on my mind. As far as yeild goes we all can agree environment is key and vpd is KING. So what I seem to notice is that 80degrees f is too hot for most of my strains. And I seem to getter better growth at 70-75f rather than 75-80
Flower wk 1-4: 75f at 65-70%rh
Wk 4-7: 70-75f at60-65% rh
Wk7-9: 66-70f at 55-60%rh
Those are all lights on numbers typically I'm minus 5 f +10 rh lights off cause my environmental controlling abilities aren't that advanced. Anyone else do it different?
what where you running your r/h when you where at 80 temps? and then able to hit.

Organica

Organica

LI. I get what your saying per light cause I run 1k's you might run 400 or 600 watts I assume though everyone who hears lb per light refers to how many lbs per 1000 watts. The gavitas are a different animal than hps or mh though and I heard when the light overlaps there even better.
What I don't like about them is the height issue and cooling with what looks like the ballast attached to the light must need a shit load of a.c. And can't be water cooled which I found cuts a.c. dramatically with about 12 K in hoods. Terps in your post you mentioned to me lec guys did you mean led? Not sure what lec stands for.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Trust me, once you do a run with lec/cmh/cmd you'll wonder why you haven't made the switch long ago. I now have 8x600 hps/mh ballasts, and 2x 1000w adjustable ballasts collecting dust.

That might be true only if you run multiple 315 cmh, but not true when running a single 315cmh. My 315 cmh is sitting back in the box collecting dust after 2 runs with it. Put my 600 se gavita back in during the winter (4months)and use 400 watt of cree 3590 cob for the other 8 months. Both the 600 gavita and the 400 cob beat my 315 cmh hands down for running a single light in flower.

907debow1234

907debow1234

Haha okay I can rephrase that. I've grown some large trees in 5 gallon buckets, the grow time vs. Yield isn't always best trade out. We all know we can move lights to 3 inches over canopy no matter where your lights hang from. So for sake of argument, I've done large sea of green. Start up time can kill ya on those. By the time you grow a full few mothers, take 100 clones. Giant slow process....I also water over old school hand to bucket . Reason I ask is everyone has of each they prefer, I just wondered which an why to get the best yield. .

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Haha okay I can rephrase that. I've grown some large trees in 5 gallon buckets, the grow time vs. Yield isn't always best trade out. We all know we can move lights to 3 inches over canopy no matter where your lights hang from. So for sake of argument, I've done large sea of green. Start up time can kill ya on those. By the time you grow a full few mothers, take 100 clones. Giant slow process....I also water over old school hand to bucket . Reason I ask is everyone has of each they prefer, I just wondered which an why to get the best yield. .

I think sea of green with about 9 a light in 2 gallon parts is a good starting point to maximize yield with little veg time,

...and I would have to disagree with you on hanging your lights "3 inches over canopy" you my friend haven't grown with de HPS fixtures yet.

907debow1234

907debow1234

Haha oh not true my friend. 1000 hps. On a 6ft. Light mover gets that done. But I'm guessing you probably knew that and just assumed I didnt... I've done that setup for years.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Haha oh not true my friend. 1000 hps. On a 6ft. Light mover gets that done. But I'm guessing you probably knew that and just assumed I didnt... I've done that setup for years.

Interesting. My experience with light movers is they suck. Virtually no stretch and much slower growth and bud development than a stationary light. I can't see the point of putting a de on a light mover. Just my opinion.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

What strain what kind of spread what medium how many plants ceiling height sog? Scrog? Irrigation methods. If you want a real answer. If your looking for a magic number I'll guess 2ft or between 0.5 to 6.5 feet
Lol... damn some of you replys get me tickled. .. I got to keep following you, for my daily dose of feel good...
Or between .5 and 6.5. ..... priceless...

907debow1234

907debow1234

Unfortunately your right about the light mover they can suck. I have an extra chain driven one collecting dust if anyone wants to pay the shipping from Alaska I will pack up this 6 footer.. Although I have wanted to try one of those multi-light movers.

LI grows

LI grows

I believe many smaller lights will out perform a few big ones in sog if wattage and all other things is equal.
I also believe perpetual style is more efficient because the canopy is fullest 52 weeks per year, never any wasted time in veg and never wasting the sweet spots of the light on small plants.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I believe many smaller lights will out perform a few big ones in sog if wattage and all other things is equal.
I also believe perpetual style is more efficient because the canopy is fullest 52 weeks per year, never any wasted time in veg and never wasting the sweet spots of the light on small plants.

That's your opinion and that's fine....but this thread is about hitting 3 per light. It's not about multiple small lights or perpetual style growing. Please quit railroading this thread with non-topic replies. Thank you.

Wildill

Wildill

How far are you guys keeping your lights from plants guys running DE

Smerb

Smerb

Did you read the book 3 pounds per light? Is that what your asking,really?

Smerb

Smerb

Yeah?
Book threealight2

Top Bottom