3 Per Light ... Who's Hitting It?

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I keep my lights about 4-5 feet during veg and about 3 feet during flower, but I use adjustawings with de bulbs. I know guys that run the gavitas at 5' plus.

No I'm not asking who's read the book 3 a light or what's in the book. I despise people and companies that sell snake oil at inflated prices to take advantages of newer growers. The author should team up with advanced nutrients and sell the book with a complete line of nutrients for 10k.

mancdank

mancdank

I hit close to those numbers on chems, gg4, with this nf1 cut I used to have 3 was the number but with cookies and sherbert closer to 2.7. 5'x5' light spread. DE lighting. It's about having everything dialed and you can hit 3 a light with most strains.
Any pics of what a room looks like that's getting even close to 3gpw ?

Smerb

Smerb

I keep my lights about 4-5 feet during veg and about 3 feet during flower, but I use adjustawings with de bulbs. I know guys that run the gavitas at 5' plus.

No I'm not asking who's read the book 3 a light or what's in the book. I despise people and companies that sell snake oil at inflated prices to take advantages of newer growers. The author should team up with advanced nutrients and sell the book with a complete line of nutrients for 10k.
You despise snakes, and then you premote a nutrient line..... snakelike, haha, have a good one

The Terps

The Terps

@mancdank like I said I'm super happy when I get around 1.3 gpw
And that takes every bit of tech and knowledge I got. I doubt any one is close to 2gpw let alone 3 as that's 6.5 lbs per light lol I mention harvest number inflation with perpetual but that was just a nonsense point I was making.

LI grows

LI grows

IMG 0673

3 per light exactly the same as 1.3 grams per watt
Semantics...

Last edited:
mancdank

mancdank

@mancdank like I said I'm super happy when I get around 1.3 gpw
And that takes every bit of tech and knowledge I got. I doubt any one is close to 2gpw let alone 3 as that's 6.5 lbs per light lol I mention harvest number inflation with perpetual but that was just a nonsense point I was making.
Bro after a little more reading I finally understood lol u guys are talking 3lb per 1000w bulb I was thinking u was talking 3gpw :) and yes I agree 3 gpw is pure unicorn talk and any 1 who says there getting it also will claim they use fairy dust or some other shit if your getting 1gpw imho your doing ok if your getting to the 1.3 then your smashing it but any claims over 1.6 and I'm just guna point blank call them a liar

N

Nog

Anyone who says they are getting 3 pounds a 1000 W light is either lying or weighing wet, stems and all.

Notice how people who are saying this can't produce photo's of such a grow?

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I don't know if 3# is possible as I've never grown with a 1,000 watt light. I do know I can achieve 30 ounces in a 4x4 with a 600 watt hortilux, with a 12 plant sog, 25 day veg before flip with 9 weeks of flower. So that's 1.4 grams per watt with-out co2 enrichment. Grown in 9 liter pots of DTW coir. Pics? sure.
DSCN0667
DSCN0668
DSCN0669
DSCN0671

LI grows

LI grows

I don't know if 3# is possible as I've never grown with a 1,000 watt light. I do know I can achieve 30 ounces in a 4x4 with a 600 watt hortilux, with a 12 plant sog, 25 day veg before flip with 9 weeks of flower. So that's 1.4 grams per watt with-out co2 enrichment. Grown in 9 liter pots of DTW coir. Pics? sure.
AGREE...1000wat de are not the only light capable...
Whats the advantage to running DEs???

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

My 600-750 DE puts out the same umols as a single ended 1,000 watt hps, by specs. when ran at 825 watts. Light degradation is half that of single ended bulb, so less frequent bulb change outs. With the gavita, the reflectors are replaceable for cheap. Saves me from buying new hoods every 2 years as the aluminum inserts break down over time.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Unparalleled PAR values, 25% larger footprint with same micromol per square foot on average, over double bulb life with only 10% light diminishing after 10,000 hours, way more yield than an average mogul socket HPS...anyone that says they can get the same yield with another light is in left field or they don't know how to grow

Latest posts

Top Bottom