3 plant Set up

• Thread starter Apache69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Apache69

Apache69

Hello Everyone, I can only run 3 plants at the time for as the law of the land dictates.

I have a 8'X12 9" Tall sealed room. I can only run 2 1K HPS for now. How would you set the lights up?

X= Plant
O= Light

XOXOX

Maybe?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Cheers,

Apache~

Apache69

Apache69

Should I rotate the plants every few days or just leave it? My power grid cant do more then 2 1K Lights so I have to make due for now.

D

Daddy-O

With plant counts being such a big issue here in mile high land, I'm glad to see your thread. If we evolve into a system where you have to go commercial (ag or industrial zoned) or be a small 3 to 5 patient caregiver, the caregivers are damn sure going to have to max out those few plants. What is the best way? I did organic indoor container grows this last year (Subby's Super Soil recipe) with reasonable success. Only prob... I got a bunch of plants veggin a long time to get em to a 10 gallon container size. Veg plant counts are multiples of the plants in flower. I think if I want to make trees and stay within a plant count, I need to go back to hydro and a bucket undercurrent style system where I only veg a few days then flip. Only way I see staying in compliance.

Apache69

Apache69

Word Daddy-O! We are limited to such a small # of plants so DoubleDs system is the way to go. I am looking to do my first shot with soil/coco in 15 gallon pots then the next run convert to Doubleds mpb buckets system. Since I am restricted to 3 plants I need to figure out the right combo for lights, pumps etc but it looks like it will be more cost effective. What do you think it will run to set up a 3 plant Doubleds mpb bucket system with the whole nine yard?

Cheers,

Apache

T

TyKaycha

Subscribed as I'm also in "Rocky Mtn High" country. Only have a couple of patients and want to stay within legal limits. Going to try this method but like this thread, it'll be scaled down to 2 or 3 plants in each life stage so I can have a harvest every month or so. If I can even get half of what DD gets, it'll be more than enough!

L

Lost

I've had a design idea for a stand alone MPB with chiller and everything.

Pretty basic, you use the same home depot tub.. get a huge aquarium air pump and stones. A small 1/10 hp chliller and a pump. When you construct it, make the return line from the chiller mix up the res. You would probablly have to glue the return line to the bottom, but it would work really well im betting.. You would need to have enough airstones to make up for the waterfall effect, but it should work. A 1k on either side and your set!!!

Apache69

Apache69

I've had a design idea for a stand alone MPB with chiller and everything.

Pretty basic, you use the same home depot tub.. get a huge aquarium air pump and stones. A small 1/10 hp chliller and a pump. When you construct it, make the return line from the chiller mix up the res. You would probablly have to glue the return line to the bottom, but it would work really well im betting.. You would need to have enough airstones to make up for the waterfall effect, but it should work. A 1k on either side and your set!!!

This is what I am talking about! Please elaborate some more.

Cheers,

L

Lost

Sure, later today when I have some time i'll throw something together. I already have a stand-alone tub. Dunno if I have the piping, but I should be able to mock something up to give you an idea.

They question would be wether you want to use a central res and do positive feed, or just keep the buckets seperate each with its own mini chiller?

Apache69

Apache69

Sure, later today when I have some time i'll throw something together. I already have a stand-alone tub. Dunno if I have the piping, but I should be able to mock something up to give you an idea.

They question would be wether you want to use a central res and do positive feed, or just keep the buckets seperate each with its own mini chiller?

Wow, Thank you so much. I would like to try one for my first run. I would like to use a central res and do positive feed.

Cheers and I look forward to your reply.

N

nughit

I would set the plants up in a triangle so that 2 plants would get 2 lights and 1 plant would get 1 light. I hope my x o pattern comes through on here x= plants o= lights

.............x
..........o.....o
.......x.....x.....

L

Lost

Apache - Im sorry,. life got busy today and I have not had time to mock something up. I'll try to get to it tommorrow, but let me try to explain my thoughts.

You could Use 4 of the homedepot tubs. One as a res in the center and have the drains pout into it. The 3 tubs with plants will be on cinder blocks, or extra tubs, whatever.. They need elevated above the main res.

So you make your tubs

Add drains and feed lines (see 2nd post)

make holes in the main res lid for the drains. Add chiller pump and feed pumps to main res..

Create a manifold to prevent backflow overtopping the main res if the power goes out (3-4 post down)

Add air pump and stones..

Does that make any sense? The central res would be put in the middle of the 3 plants. The plants would be set up in a triangle pattern with the res in the middle.

oLoPoLo
oPoRoPo
oooLooo

L = light
P= Plant
R = Res

E

easypleasie

If I was in your situation, I'd entertain the idea of double stacking the two 1ks and placing the 3 trees around them...you can let them get pretty tall with a 9ft ceiling. You may need to do a bit of training. Just throwing another idea out there.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

View attachment 67047
Lost, heres the drain, but something doesn't seem right with the lights, I'll look at moving the lights later. What about the spacing, with only 2 lights the plant will be limited, right.
:icon_spin:

L

Lost

View attachment 67047
Lost, heres the drain, but something doesn't seem right with the lights, I'll look at moving the lights later. What about the spacing, with only 2 lights the plant will be limited, right.
:icon_spin:

No doubt, but for the plant and light limit, I think this system would produce pounders and maybe 2-3 for the one with 3 lights around it. Especially with a nice long veg time.

Its a jumping off point. After your first run you could goto say a 6 light 3 plant system and perhaps get 2 and change per plant i'm thinking.. Perhaps more!

Top Bottom