3 Strains , 1 Tent, Scrog , Hp Aero , 600 9 Band Led & Mini Dwc

• Thread starter No Pain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
No Pain

No Pain

Well I'm still working on my old seed stock. But until I get that dialed in I have acquired some new seed stock . As of right now I am still waiting on components to finish my hp Areo system , so I have created a mini dwc system.
This grow will feature..
Strains = White Widow , Green Crack , Blue Berry
System = Hp Aero running @ 100psi
Cycle 1 -2 sec on 5 min off
Mister size = .8 gph
Mist = 50 micron
Nutes = gen hydro Flora series
Space =4x3 grow tent
Average temp =78.5 f
Lamp = 600w galaxyhydro 9 band led

Min dwc
Mini 8 Lph pump and I mean mini ..lol

Hope you enjoy the pics .

3 strains  1 tent scrog  hp aero  600 9 band led  mini dwc
3 strains  1 tent scrog  hp aero  600 9 band led  mini dwc 2
3 strains  1 tent scrog  hp aero  600 9 band led  mini dwc 3

3 strains  1 tent scrog  hp aero  600 9 band led  mini dwc 4
3 strains  1 tent scrog  hp aero  600 9 band led  mini dwc 5

Those where at about 1 1/2 weeks old and at transfer to mini dwc and put unde the 600w led , previous light was a twelve watt led.

Here is the min pump..it's so tiny hehe
3 strains  1 tent scrog  hp aero  600 9 band led  mini dwc 8
3 strains  1 tent scrog  hp aero  600 9 band led  mini dwc 9

Here is the pump in action
3 strains  1 tent scrog  hp aero  600 9 band led  mini dwc 6
3 strains  1 tent scrog  hp aero  600 9 band led  mini dwc 7

Here is the light . Keeping it at a distance of about 30k lux from plant tops.
3 strains  1 tent scrog  hp aero  600 9 band led  mini dwc 10

Here they are on day three from transfer , these babies are loving life and root growth has exploded!
3 strains  1 tent scrog  hp aero  600 9 band led  mini dwc 11

3 strains  1 tent scrog  hp aero  600 9 band led  mini dwc 12

3 strains  1 tent scrog  hp aero  600 9 band led  mini dwc 13

That's all for now . Peace

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Keekee is right your probably gonna need alot more water flow, wether it's air pump or bigger water pump. Also you wanna lightproof that top completely. Other than that I'm subbed in to see how she turn out.

Also my dwc plants drink way over a gallon a day apiece by the time they are full size you may wanna add a res. Your gonna be tight on root space but it'll produce for you.

Also look into hydroguard... I feel like a broken record recommending that shit.

No Pain

No Pain

Im not a hydro guy by any means, but you sure you got enough air in that system,like are the roots going to be growing down in that water?

Thank you for your reply. To answer your question , at this stage for them yes. That little pump recirculates that solution completely 2 times an hour ( constantly running) aerating it.
Yes the feeder roots are growing down into the solution .

Edited to add = check out this method .. It does not use airstones or a pump. Simply plants sitting in nutrient solution. It's pretty interesting. http://www.epicgardening.com/the-kratky-method/

Last edited:
No Pain

No Pain

Keekee is right your probably gonna need alot more water flow, wether it's air pump or bigger water pump. Also you wanna lightproof that top completely. Other than that I'm subbed in to see how she turn out.

Also my dwc plants drink way over a gallon a day apiece by the time they are full size you may wanna add a res. Your gonna be tight on root space but it'll produce for you.

Also look into hydroguard... I feel like a broken record recommending that shit.

Thank you for your reply. I will have to check out hydroguard. That little tub is only a temporary home . There final home will be in that tote they are sitting on once I get the rest of my supplies to finish my high pressure Aero system. The tote is about a little over 3 ft long x 2 1/2 feet wide x 17 inch tall .

I know exactly what you mean about water consumption. In my Aeroflow20 my girls would guzzle up water .

All I can say is these babies are loving life . You can see a big difference in size from yesterday to today.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Thank you for your reply. To answer your question , at this stage for them yes. That little pump recirculates that solution completely 2 times an hour ( constantly running) aerating it.
Yes the feeder roots are growing down into the solution .

Edited to add = check out this method .. It does not use airstones or a pump. Simply plants sitting in nutrient solution. It's pretty interesting. http://www.epicgardening.com/the-kratky-method/
That ain't for bud. That's for little plants. These girls will drink a gallon a day or better during flower, per plant. I strongly suggest as much water flow as possible. The more o2 in the water the less nutrients you have to run and the healthier the plant and root system. You don't want your net submerged for multiple reasons. I run between 500 and 1000gph in my buckets. Currently my 10gal brute bucket has over 1k gph running it. And my 5gal has 950gph. I max out at 750ppm or so with the flow I have.

You can't have to much air/flow.

No Pain

No Pain

That ain't for bud. That's for little plants. These girls will drink a gallon a day or better during flower, per plant. I strongly suggest as much water flow as possible. The more o2 in the water the less nutrients you have to run and the healthier the plant and root system. You don't want your net submerged for multiple reasons. I run between 500 and 1000gph in my buckets. Currently my 10gal brute bucket has over 1k gph running it. And my 5gal has 950gph. I max out at 750ppm or so with the flow I have.

You can't have to much air/flow.

I am with you brother. To me that method is okay for seedling to early veg. I do not have my cups submerged. In regards to air/flow .. I agree that's why I'm doing a high pressure Areo system. I had great results with my aeroflow20 (10 gallon res ) I'm looking forward to even better results with high pressure Areo and I don't know that you can supply the roots with any more o2 than that kind of system.
Have you ever tried high pressure Aeroponics ?

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I am with you brother. To me that method is okay for seedling to early veg. I do not have my cups submerged. In regards to air/flow .. I agree that's why I'm doing a high pressure Areo system. I had great results with my aeroflow20 (10 gallon res ) I'm looking forward to even better results with high pressure Areo and I don't know that you can supply the roots with any more o2 than that kind of system.
Have you ever tried high pressure Aeroponics ?
Never high pressure. But was in love with low pressure/rdwc.

I just noticed the sides aren't light proof. You wanna make the whole res completely dark. You'll start growing alge and slime pretty quick. And that hydroguard is a lifesaver.

No Pain

No Pain

Never high pressure. But was in love with low pressure/rdwc.

I just noticed the sides aren't light proof. You wanna make the whole res completely dark. You'll start growing alge and slime pretty quick. And that hydroguard is a lifesaver.

It's surrounded with duct tape with a slit in the front to see nute level. There are still some spaces on the top that need covering but with any luck they will be in the new system within a week.

I just ordered some Hydrogaurd .. Seems like some pretty cool stuff. Thank you for the recommendation . I also ordered some cal/mag.

No Pain

No Pain

Here is day 5 in my mini dwc . I should have the rest of my hp Areo stuff by the end of the week ! Well Ww & Gc are loving life .. Bb not so much but I here she is a picky feeder .. I'm going to adjust my nutes and see if I can't make everyone happy.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Deja voo, all over again. I tried for 2 years to get hpa to do what it is said to do by others, several of whom helped me tremendously. Where I live, the RH and room temps are not conducive to root hairs, which is the whole point of hpa.

Your roots look great, but not quite ideal hpa roots, which look very fluffy, like cotton candy

Could be the red light. You want 'some' red during veg, but mostly blue white

I recommend a DMFit in line filter between the rez and first mister

No way you can keep them in that small chamber

Good Luck

No Pain

No Pain

Deja voo, all over again. I tried for 2 years to get hpa to do what it is said to do by others, several of whom helped me tremendously. Where I live, the RH and room temps are not conducive to root hairs, which is the whole point of hpa.

Your roots look great, but not quite ideal hpa roots, which look very fluffy, like cotton candy

Could be the red light. You want 'some' red during veg, but mostly blue white

I recommend a DMFit in line filter between the rez and first mister

No way you can keep them in that small chamber

Good Luck

Thank you . If you look at the dates those roots are after 5 days in the hpa system . I know what you mean about looking like cotton candy ( fluffy) I am just now starting to dial in misting times . Right now it mists for about 15 sec and off for 4 minutes . The time I have it on only goes down to 10sec . So I purchased an ink bird so I could dial it down as low as I want , I just have to wire it up. I have a 150 micron filter before the pump . I received it after I built the system.

As far as the chamber you mean the tote , it's 15" tall ? I'm looking at getting some root barrier and making a raised platform so they can spread out and not have water build up.

No Pain

No Pain

I haven't considered trying out this type of set up but them roots after 5 day got wanting to play with one.

Yes it truley is amazing . The green crack and white widow exploded..the finicky feeder blueberry is going about half the rate of the other two in regards to root system. I'm still toying with it to dial the system in for them.

I am already redesigning the system as I feel atleast two of them are going to be monsters! I swear since the pic yesterday GC has grown another inch and that is amazing. I will take a pic tonight to do a 24 hr comparison since I have changed the feed cycle yesterday morning.

I would definitely recommend using Hydrogaurd as @Midwestjay so kindly suggested to me .

No Pain

No Pain

I am build a new system for my ladies so that I can better manage them when I Scrog. I'm moving to 5 gal buckets. Pics to come later.

Here is the 24hr comparison I promised . I tried to make the top of the ruler even with the tips of the growing shoot,

Top Bottom