3 X 3 Tent + 250w Led + Hydro= 1/2 Pound... Optimistic?

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Nearest I can tell I pollinated one branch of the fat plant in the SE 250 around 6/10. Why I did not post this is beyond me

Anyway, when I was checking it a couple days ago, one nice seed fell out of its pod.

I am very excited as what I thought was a hermie, was a tall male. Their offspring should be special

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Can you see much difference between 7/09 pics? These were taken with light off this morning

It seems the EH bloom supplements are killin it

IMG 3466
IMG 3467
IMG 3468
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Nearly finished harvesting the Blueberry Cheesecake. Just a few nice nuggz left. See pic #4, they're on the right side of the G13. Harvesting her is next

Pics are half the haul; the lower half is already in paper bags

IMG 3491
IMG 3492
IMG 3496
IMG 3495
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Here's a couple top colas from under the SE 250. Lots more underneath both of these

I tried to weigh the 22"er (Sat: G13 dom) but hard to say since it hung so far over the scale on both sides. still >200gms

The shorter one is 13" Blueberry Cheesecake

IMG 3498
IMG 3492
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Partial harvest weights

The lower part of the BBCC weighed in at 78gms, trimmed and dried

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I have been remiss in weighing the two plants for an accurate weight, but although some has fallen through the cracks (I think I hooked 2 friends up with 14gms each, and my partner with a nice branch)

So, including final weight of the sat cola (37g) and lower branches (15g) + the ~ 150gms= > 200gms

The biggest problem in not hitting half pound+ is the 3 x 3 tent, which barely fit the 2 plants

The good news is tents are cheap, and the SE 250 is capable of covering 4 x 4, which would allow for one more plant

Oops, here's another 28gms

IMG 3509
IMG 3510
Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

New grow under SE 250: clone on left + Indica from seed.

Seems like the clones (3 total) aren't going to make the cut under the Amares, so, I will move them back under the TL led hot5 replacing them with the Indicas

Pics #1 is SE 250 #2 isSE 220, #3 is Indica seedlings under TL hot5s

IMG 3506
IMG 3507
IMG 3508
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Here's my new grow from seed. The plant on the right is a monster. She now has the tent to herself, and I added the Cube to spread the long branches (did this after today's pics)

I finally occurred to me that early in flower (right when i changed to EH Cali Pro formula) that my pH pen died and i was burning the crap out of my plants

These are all from same seeds. The smaller ones got off to a shaky start. What I learned is if the tubing from pump to the Y splitter is not perfectly aligned, the water will channel more to the path of least resistance. They are all coming along nicely ow, but lost a lot of early performance from lack of adequate feedings.

Also, I replaced the TL t5 leds with my SPYDR 600 which has ~ 50% more umoles and wattage

IMG 3514
IMG 3515
IMG 3516
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

This plant continues to amaze. I had to give her the tent to herself

A couple days ago I lowered the stand she rests on, and she has already grown past that.

I also added the Cube to spread all the long branches as well as to support them once bud sights develop

I took 5 clones from her which in 3 days have shown zero stress

My method is simple: a couple air stones in a pail (could be anything) + Vicks Humidifier + plastic dome. The humid air generated goes up and under the dome, keeping the clones moist and so far, happy

IMG 3519
IMG 3518
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

SE 250

Dammit. Nearest I can tell I saw first pistils round 8/10-15

I missed first defol, but will trim her around September 5th

She's drinking ~ one gallon per day, which keeps me hopping

S 600

The runt in the bubbler (on the right in previous pics) is a male, so I yanked him and placed the female in another f & d tote.

Now I need to replace the small Igloo rez with another 3g tote to make sure both plants get sufficient nutes

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

DeFo update:

Yesterday I began bending the top branches and trellising them along the Cube bars in the SE 250 tent

I decided not to wait to DeFo her as she continues to outgrow the space.

Also, pics of 2 others that I previously DeFoed

and my DIY solution to keep the air pump air cool. I placed a container of blue ice inside a small Igloo, then set the air pump on top. After taking the pic I surrounded it with ice cubes

IMG 3528
IMG 3532
IMG 3529
IMG 3530
IMG 3531
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

An often asked question is: "Does DeFol work?"

When you do it right, absolutely. Until this time I was doing it wrong.

The technique is:

DeFol at first sign of pistils. Repeat at ~ 20 days

In the past I always picked the largest leafs throughout.

I missed the first DeFol on the large girl. And since she's totally overgrowing my tent, I went ahead.

Already she's responding with secondary leafs growing faster, as well as bud sites.

IMG 3534
IMG 3535
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

With so many things going on, I have been negligent to start checking pH, which notoriously rises during flower. his is due to the hormonal changes needed to make buds, and the waste products get dumped through the roots.

Checking the 3 x 3 pH was over 7.5. Not terrible, but not good either.

Took a few heavy squirts to bring it into range, ditto the SPYDR 600 tent, though it was not that high @ ~ 6.5

I will be monitoring and adjusting daily until harvest

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

kinda surprised i would of thought running led and the spectrums there claiming that internode spacing would be much tighter but in your case it not
Instead of defoilating why don't you train super crop LST to create more tops and be more uniform this way the plant utilizes all the light rather then bouncing off everywhere.
Now any harvest is a good harvest big or small you posted that one what 13 " cola ??? but the truth is its not really that size because there not really joined up to one complete Cola you catch my drift
Now there are some ways to fool the buyer and that is when wet trimming buds that are not fully joined up you squeeze the bud to hide the little stems and everything sticks together so you hope
people want buds not stems in there product
Like a person could say hey look 3 foot donkey dik cola ???? but notice the stems in the middle etc one that is properly removed you be surprised at what size the actual cola is
I use this rule of thumb on lower bud sites that did not join up but so many included it to there cola size
if you can bend it and see stem its not part of the cola it has to be removed there for size starts getting smaller on the cola
I think people got to stop defoliating like its going to increase yield 9 times out of 10 the lower bud sites are never developed there like 2 - 3 weeks behind take a look at out door grows they selectively prune lower area stems branches and deep in side canopy there removing the crap larf bud ..as the plant flowers they know its not worth the energy for them selfs to keep it there or the plant to keep it there so its removed
There not stripping plants of its leafs....
And you know what ???
there pulling 4 - 6 - 8 - 10 pound harvest per tree and that is with the sun
So indoor your also wasting your time trying to salvage or keep lower sucker buds on plant .. why,
because the sourced light is to far away anyways to produce anything like the ones in the firing zone of photons or the A grade bud Think about it for a second your plant is 4 feet tall lets say you strip you plant in hopes to have light reach lower bud sites when they start to produce
problem is laws of physics for every foot a light is raised the power or penetration drops drastically
Now lets say your light is 2 feet above that 4 foot plant your only getting so much par to the tops what about 2 feet down wanna bet that is half if not more par lost so again why bother
let alone stressing the plant by removal of leafs
i mean is it not true these plants have been on earth longer then humans ???
if that is true surely evolution would of made these plants start stripping there leafs naturally cause really there only goals is to produce as much seeds as possible right ????
any light will grow a plant even a flash light Most LED growers killing it are either doing Sog grows or LST training not trying to grow bigger plants

Either way all looks good but i think you can do so much better getting trid of some of your concepts an start implementing others here 18 watts of T5 Ho with some minor training
i was hardening plants for out door 8 hrs out side rest indoor under i said it 18 watts then week or so later putting them in there final resting spot
If i was growing with LED that is how i would do it
STOP defoliating
Gallery 11738 4880 74323
Gallery 11738 4880 651034
Gallery 11738 4880 31713

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Hey i got one other question buddy got a link to that LED you are using is it suppose to compete with 600 hid???

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Thanks for your input.

These were gifted seeds. I had no idea what they were other than Cali Dispensary seeds, and that the smoke was excellent. The one under the SE 250 seems to be on steroids. Lights were kept within reason. Could also be the Emrald Harvest 3 part veg nutes

I am seeing that good DeFol works fine. Alas, I never did it this way before (full defol at day 1 of pistils, then again at 20 days). I always picked large primary leafs daily throughout flowering

I think you'll be impressed in a few more days when I take pic of the plants (one plant under the SPYDR 600 that I DeFoled 10 days ago has become a fat ass bush loaded with bud sites.

The lower buds branches on the solo plant under the SE 250 are growing and budding as they are not being overshadowed by primary leafs for both light and food

I started trellising her 2 days ago, as she keeps growing like a mofo, and I already raise
the light and tent as high as I can

The buds next to the jar were from last grow, main cola that I trellised. The bud next to the phone was ~ 30" below the canopy and against the side of the tent- well out of the sweet spot

IMG 3176
IMG 3148
Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thanks for your input.

These were gifted seeds. I had no idea what they were other than Cali Dispensary seeds, and that the smoke was excellent. The one under the SE 250 seems to be on steroids. Lights were kept within reason. Could also be the Emrald Harvest 3 part veg nutes

I am seeing that good DeFol works fine. Alas, I never did it this way before (full defol at day 1 of pistils, then again at 20 days). I always picked large primary leafs daily throughout flowering

I think you'll be impressed in a few more days when I take pic of the plants (one plant under the SPYDR 600 that I DeFoled 10 days ago has become a fat ass bush loaded with bud sites.

The lower buds branches on the solo plant under the SE 250 are growing and budding as they are not being overshadowed by primary leafs for both light and food

I started trellising her 2 days ago, as she keeps growing like a mofo, and I already raise
the light and tent as high as I can

The buds next to the jar were from last grow, main cola that I trellised. The bud next to the phone was ~ 30" below the canopy and against the side of the tent- well out of the sweet spot
Very nice bud.. how long is your veg? If you do a sog you might get the same or more yield faster say runnin 9 plants.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Very nice bud.. how long is your veg? If you do a sog you might get the same or more yield faster say runnin 9 plants.

veg 30 days. Not sure you can see, but the distance between main stalk and root base is < 10". I also Fmd after the 4th node. Can' imagine how tall she would have gotten had I not. Having similar growth issues in the SE 220 tent

I am a personal use grower, which allows me to experiment.

I really don't consume much myself

Latest posts

Top Bottom