30 x 1000 Jack Inspired Build Out.

• Thread starter Globel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

what about those kwikools 5ton or 10ton? easy to move if need be.

I have used portables! In my opinion they are horrible and way over priced! You can get the ac Jack has which is a DIY quick connect or the Excel Air which is also DIY quick connect and just as easy to move for the same price if not less as the Kwiki cool systems...plus the Kwiki cools are not substantial for sealed rooms they still suck out co2 and smell to the outside!

B

bowlpacks

I have used portables! In my opinion they are horrible and way over priced! You can get the ac Jack has which is a DIY quick connect or the Excel Air which is also DIY quick connect and just as easy to move for the same price if not less as the Kwiki cool systems...plus the Kwiki cools are not substantial for sealed rooms they still suck out co2 and smell to the outside!
Are Jack's AC's Frost Kings? I seen to remember thinking thats what he said but finding them? Nope

Globel

Globel

I chose these ac's because the price was right. I got both these 5 tons installed for the price of one of the frost box ones. They had to use a crane too.

On a side note. Got my under currents today. I think I am missing the air pumps... I will figure it out today I guess :/

Globel

Globel

Green Coast I think is the only distributors of those frost box's. At 6,500$ for 5 tons there kinda pricy. You dont have to charge them.. I think is the only plus but you have to use the exact length of line and you still need to power them. can't plug them into 120v for sure. Mine both use 60amp 250v and the air handlers are on 15 amp 240v they don't pull that constant or anything close but the specs are high when you start talkin 5000 watt draws

B

budbrothers

thanks for the info about the Portables. i was looking into them just cause of ease of transport but the DIY frost box and Excel stealth are actually not to hard to install and move.

plus cheaper.

Green Coast I think is the only distributors of those frost box's. At 6,500$ for 5 tons there kinda pricy. You dont have to charge them.. I think is the only plus but you have to use the exact length of line and you still need to power them. can't plug them into 120v for sure. Mine both use 60amp 250v and the air handlers are on 15 amp 240v they don't pull that constant or anything close but the specs are high when you start talkin 5000 watt draws

thats actually not bad. the portables draw a shit load more.

B

Boomer242

I chose these ac's because the price was right. I got both these 5 tons installed for the price of one of the frost box ones. They had to use a crane too.

On a side note. Got my under currents today. I think I am missing the air pumps... I will figure it out today I guess :/

good call on the AC setup. for sum its easiest to pikup the frostbox from GC strictly for security reasons and peeps who like DIY. my pops owns a small HVAC company so i got lucky for my 10ton handler hookup. cranes are a little obvious... warehouse is the way to go.
price wise its steep for them but theyre plug n play i believe for the most part?

B

Boomer242

portables also exchange c02 and aroma... dual ducting portables are most efficient if u have to run em or for a veg room.

B

budbrothers

portables also exchange c02 and aroma... dual ducting portables are most efficient if u have to run em or for a veg room.

i have a 14000btu dual duct portable ac and it seems to be doing just fine. i have one in my veg room and one in each bloom room with vented hoods.

seems to be ok.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

portables will drain your co2 and aroma doesnt matter if there dual hose or single hose. i have tried them all. kiwik cool is a rip off just buy a excel or frostbox! there easy as hell to install..idiot proof! comes with a super detailed manual! which wire goes where..what size...breaker size...everything? if you got an ac guy like Global then just do that a brand new 5 ton will run you 3-4000 installed...hit up cannabis john guys got skills! He does ac's for a great price and very prompt on returning pm's!

B

budbrothers

portables will drain your co2 and aroma doesnt matter if there dual hose or single hose. i have tried them all. kiwik cool is a rip off just buy a excel or frostbox! there easy as hell to install..idiot proof! comes with a super detailed manual! which wire goes where..what size...breaker size...everything? if you got an ac guy like Global then just do that a brand new 5 ton will run you 3-4000 installed...hit up cannabis john guys got skills! He does ac's for a great price and very prompt on returning pm's!

thanks man. im just waiting on the funding to upgrade my panel. in the near future for sure.

Globel

Globel

Update time. We finished building. =) Now I am just tweaking the room.

This picture you can see the condensate lines. They lead to a Cap Auto Drain Controller. Also my tiny dehumidifier. The plywood walls are keeping my RH below 40.
IMG_0121.jpg

Putting the system together was very simple. I added two 1 1/4" holes for the chiller. (i will add a video of this later)
IMG_01241.jpg
IMG_01231.jpg

Plants are in. Master kush. 3 week veg time.
IMG_0137.jpg

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJUzFIbC6zE[/YOUTUBE]

B

Bobby Smith

Fucking sick, dude.

Glad to hear that about the plywood, as I went with 15 sheets of plywood instead of drywall - helping keep the humidity down and lessening the load on my dehumidifier (and electric bill) will be an awesome added benefit.

Whole setup looks fabulous.

deacon1503

deacon1503

This is the only to go with the UC XXL 13's. Am i counting right, 12k in hoods and 15k in vert? Over 1000 watters per girl is the ticket to the heavyweights.

Top Bottom