300 gallon smart pot grow(Need advice)

• Thread starter Dizzworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dizzworth

Dizzworth

your on the right track used those before and did what you did, with the wire cage round the pot, but use 4 8' tpost around the cage and built from there if they get to 10 foot add another ring of wire cage

wait im confused!? could you elaborate? i am forsure going to have some 8 or 10 footers because some are already passing the 6 foot cage...:thinking

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hey bro those are some bushes for sure..you could always put some 2 x 2 or even 4 x 4 posts around the bush, with some bamboo stakes in between, then trellis string around the posts and bamboo stakes...this is a tip from farmers who trellis up 9ft heirloom tomato plants...works great

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

Here are a few pics i took today. looking like were just about to start flowering. :boogie:

Thanks for all the input farmers

DSCN1839
DSCN1840
DSCN1841
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
no its not continual drip i have a 200 gallons res that i have to fill! My water is too high of a ph to just run through the system so i have to down the ph. 200 gallon is nice to mix nutrients though. :)
If your girls are in soil (and it looks like they are) and you're using organic nutrients, you don't have to mess with pH.
wait im confused!? could you elaborate? i am forsure going to have some 8 or 10 footers because some are already passing the 6 foot cage...:thinking
I think he means use the t-bars to raise the cage. I ended up having my husband build a frame attached to the planter (can't exactly do this with a Smart Pot). T-bars themselves are not tall enough unless you bend your girls down.

P.S. We moved south of Tahoe from SLT. Are you at elevation? If so, what are you gonna do if they're not finished and weather comes in?

CRW 8675 73010
JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Looking good - but I'm wondering why they are so small, compared to HUumboldtlocal's crop this year (look for a thread by him if you haven't seen it yet. he has the same pots and has some 10-14' bushes)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Seriously? You bumped someone's thread to throw out something like that? Since you didn't seem to catch it before, this is the guy's FIRST try at this.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

No, I did not see that that was his first grow, and I was not 'ripping' him. I'm really interested in why there is the size difference though... maybe we could learn something from the comparison of the two grows.

What type of fertilizing did you do Dizzworth? Did you do any foliar feeding? Did you start the plants before you put them out? If so, when, and did you do any stressing methods to them?

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

Ya no worries jerome i know you wernt ripping on me. But to answer your question man i know my plants are nothing compared to Humbolt locals. I have learned so much from his thread i cannot wait for next year. Like sea said this is my first year but i have been growing indoors for a while and have friends that grow outdoors so i do have quite a bit of knowledge. I had one HUGE problem throughout the vegative phase. I had to buy bulk soil to fill all of those pots because i didnt have enough money to buy good soil. something was messed up with the ph of the soil or something and burned the shit out of my babes and they literally didnt grow for like a month!!:mad0229: Things finally got balanced out and they grew for another month. Im actually pretty stoked on how big they got considering how fucked up they were for a bit but if that didnt happen im sure they would be significantly bigger. The growth on some of the plants are much different than humbolts though. Some of my blue dreams are like 8 feet wide and 4 feet tall so im curious how they are going to yield with that many top on them. And to answer your question seamaiden i got some land down near auburn like an hour away from tahoe so i should be good for the weather. i still actually set up some greenhouse hoops incase it does get nasty this fall. But also have them for next year so i can get them out a little earlier such as humbolt did. Here are some recent pics. thanks guys:boogie:

IMG 0352
IMG 0350
IMG 0344
IMG 0345
IMG 0348
IMG 0349
CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Looking good bro, congrats on your first grow. your going to be set with those hoops.

just keep tying them up. The Dogshit is late but well worth the wait.

B

bicycle racer

as for size you will do better as you go along looks like your putting much work into this so you will do well. one important thing if you have gypsy moths where you are or other egg laying butterflies/moths you need to begin weekly spraying with bt or preferably spinosad from start of flower if not you will lose significant weight to rot and larvae damage.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
And to answer your question seamaiden i got some land down near auburn like an hour away from tahoe so i should be good for the weather. i still actually set up some greenhouse hoops incase it does get nasty this fall. But also have them for next year so i can get them out a little earlier such as humbolt did. Here are some recent pics. thanks guys:boogie:
You're more than a couple of miles north of me, I'm directly south of Tahoe. Be prepared for weather, we've got some coming this weekend.

Looking very good!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They're already pretty well trussed up with Hortonova and a frame. All I'll have to do is drape plastic over the framework. My hempy tub girls can be pulled in under the deck roof, so that's always been the plan with them.

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

as for size you will do better as you go along looks like your putting much work into this so you will do well. one important thing if you have gypsy moths where you are or other egg laying butterflies/moths you need to begin weekly spraying with bt or preferably spinosad from start of flower if not you will lose significant weight to rot and larvae damage.

Wow i wasnt aware of any of those thing bicycle...im not even sure if i do have those around me? Also not familiar with the spinosad either..where can i get that?

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

You're more than a couple of miles north of me, I'm directly south of Tahoe. Be prepared for weather, we've got some coming this weekend.

Looking very good!

what elevation are you at maiden? im at about a thousand feet..but i did hear for rain this weekend..gonna put up my tarps today! :icon_stick man:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wow i wasnt aware of any of those thing bicycle...im not even sure if i do have those around me? Also not familiar with the spinosad either..where can i get that?
You might be able to find it locally, otherwise you can order it online. I would not use it alone, I would use it in conjunction with Bt spray, aka Safer Caterpillar Spray. Yes, you do have them in your area, should start spraying as soon as you see buds.
what elevation are you at maiden? im at about a thousand feet..but i did hear for rain this weekend..gonna put up my tarps today! :icon_stick man:
My GPS told me 2,800', neighbor says his tells him 2,500'. We're south of Shingle Springs.

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

Here are some pics from the last couple days..things r finally starting to fill out and looking good! made some greenhouses for my sativas that could go into november aswell for starting them earlier next year...:anim_30:

IMG 0364
IMG 0359
IMG 0366
IMG 0371
IMG 0373
IMG 0370
Top Bottom