300 gallon smart pot grow(Need advice)

• Thread starter Dizzworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happyinmendo

Be careful to let them breathe, the mold could take a foot hold quick.

H

happyinmendo

Why the greenhouses? Is your night time temp that cold to where they will freeze?

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

rain im guessing.

are you taking the plastic off dizz?

my buddies only cover theres WHEN its raining.

yes jakew i do take them off after it rains..i only had them on for a couple days and put a couple fans in each row to move the air around because the last thing i want is mold!! but the temps are not low enough yet to cover them at night but thats why i got them up early so i can be ready for some cold nights! whats the lowest temp you think i should get before i cover them?? suggestions? so stoked that things r getting close!!! :harvest::boogie:

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

How do you feel about that much soil?

i love that much soil!! like i said earlier in my blog i said we had some soil problems but they for sure used that much up! i have one of them in a 200 gallon and its completely root bound already! im forsure gonna be rockin 400 next year and gonnna try a 600 gallon where i have the most sun!:sun2:

420king-MASSES

dizz looking good and its always good to be prepared for the weather up hear in new england our fall can get pretty rainy and chilly at night alot of outdoor farmers that runs long strains has make shift greenhouses up already or are close to putting them up but i can almost guarantee that the greenhouses are all prepped up waiting for the moment any ways best of luck to you brotha

J

jakew215

Very nice, I LOVE the top-down shots.

me too!

looks like there are 200 single cola plants in that pot. thats insane.

how much nutrients did you go through? like dammmnnnnn!

thats soooooo much soil to feed. im doing outdoor next year and wanna grow some trees but i was thinking 100-150 gal, just because i dont think i could afford all the nutrients to feed THAT much soil if you know what i mean.

A

advanced396

Killer

Im currently running 24 300 gallon smart pots and these things are strait bushes! This is currently my first outdoor grow and i am wondering if i can get some tips for supporting these things in flower. The last thing i want is broken branches!! :angry

Also i have had many different opinions about covering these things in the later seasons. Im running sour D, dogshit, and bluedream so i know they will all be late finishers. Is it necessary to cover them when the rain comes? How cold can it get before i need to have them covered? All the support and advice i can get from experienced people would be greatly appreciated! thanks farmers

Killer looking trees

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

me too!

looks like there are 200 single cola plants in that pot. thats insane.

thats soooooo much soil to feed. im doing outdoor next year and wanna grow some trees but i was thinking 100-150 gal, just because i dont think i could afford all the nutrients to feed THAT much soil if you know what i mean.

ya man i know what you mean! but im using the roots organic line. with a few top feeding throughout the way aswell. Currently im feeding them 3 times a week and thats all i can afford! The thing that i love about the 400 gallons is how the plants grows. Even if you fill up bigger pots half way up the plants with have a different growth pattern.I do a lot of training but no doubt there is more horizontal that vertical growth.. just something to think about. And always gives you some inspiration to fill them up the next year!! Thanks for all the feedback farmers:rauch08:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

If you use hydro shop-type nutrients, yes, it will quickly become rather unaffordable. So...? Don't do that. Find your nutrients elsewhere. Use the expensive products as foliars only, that will save quite a bit, too.

Remember, cannabis-marketed nutrients are not manufactured specifically for cannabis growers, they're repackaging other products.

It can be done. :rasta2:

420king-MASSES

start a compost pile and make a super soil that should take care of everything for you in comparrision to over the counter hydro nutes my way will only cost you dirt and time

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

ya true that sea maiden you def dont have to run a line of nutrients..there are many other alternatives! But sea what kinds of stuff to you foliar with? i used the magic green from house and garden because thats what i use indoor..also used vermi tea. Just like to hear what other people use!

Top Bottom