315 Cmh Grow

• Thread starter 4plant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4plant

4plant

Hey, new member, first journal on the site. Heres the run down of my set up. I'll get some pics up soon.
315 watt cmh, Phillips / elite agro
6" maxfan pro series/w carbon filter
315 watt galaxy dimmable ballast
For this run ill be using 2 gallon fabric pots filled with 50% promix hp, 50% perlite. As far as nutrients go I like use a combo of synthetic and organic biostimulants. My base nutes are by Dutch nutrient formula which do contain some organics but ill be supplementing with npk raw products.
Oh yeah, the current strains in this grow are ayahuasca purple and strawberry cough.

4plant

4plant

Germination. I try to keep things simple when starting seeds.
-12 hour pre soak in ro water
- into 1.5" Rockwool cubes soaked in 5.5ph.
Now it's time to get out the clone dome and heat mat. I'll usually add some water to the tray of I'm only starting a couple seeds to get the rh up quickly. Place the Rockwool into the dome and wait.
Crack the dome open and let some fresh air in daily. Also check that the dome is full of condensation and not drying out.
Because I skip the paper towel step this process can take 7-10 days.

4plant

4plant

Once my seeds have sprouted ill remove the dome and shut off the heat mat. At this point the Rockwool will almost be ready for a mild starter. I try to wait until the first true leaves have appeared and then use these.

20180909 112001
4plant

4plant

Rapid start is a great mild starter fert with some N for growth and P to help energize the young seedlings. Kelp is awesome. Not just for foliar application but also as a seed soak or like I'm using here. It is loaded with hormones that get allot of action going early in the root zone.

B

Burned Haze

Good luck with those lec’s , You don’t need it

I def love mine and it improved my hieght and bushyiness of my plants . A little hot but nothing I can’t deal with. Just be careful of all that uv-a/b ( I wear lab coveralls to protect my skin and wear sunglasses)

Last edited by a moderator:
4plant

4plant

Thanks! I love these lights. Tight nodes and frosty buds for sure. I don't think a single light yields as much as a 600hps like they claim but def match my old 430w

4plant

4plant

Ill try to get caught up with this write up to where I'm at in the grow now. So after roots are popping out of the small Rockwool cubes I pop then into 4" blocks. This is so I don't run into having tiny seedlings in 2 gallon pots right away. I like to always water to runoff when using promix and smart pots to avoid a salt build up and limit waste. Once I hit about the 3rd node ill transplant into my 2 gallon pots 50% promix hp 50% perlite.

4plant

4plant

First week veg feed.
Seedling feed: ro water
- 7.5ml a + 7.5ml b
- 7.5 ml diamond
-10ml silica
= .6 ec@ 5.8ph

4plant

4plant

These are my base nutes and a humic, fulvic acid supplement to aid in the uptake.

20181003 201512
4plant

4plant

Plants have responded well to the first real feed. The nutes I'm using I consider to be "hot" meaning they have allot of nitrate nitrogen so you get big top growth but can be lacking in P. I'll post a recipe ive found that promotes root development ill be trying in a week or so.

4plant

4plant

Heres another combination I like to use in between feeding amino acid greatly increases the uptake of calcium which is super important and the silica is good if my temps or humidity get out of control at any point.

20181003 201545
4plant

4plant

top growth is looking strong but I'm going to try to add some organics to the soil. This is the recipe by npk raw in thinking of using

RAW Recipe Book 7
4plant

4plant

I've never used microbes before but I'm going to try them on this run. Because I don't have large organics in the soil that need to be broken down I'm also going to add some complex carb combination to keep them well feed. Id like to see if adding microbes to a mostly synthetic grow is still beneficial or not.

20181003 201638
20181003 201731
4plant

4plant

First issues? I went away for the weekend and came back to my strawberry cough plant looking weak.

20181003 201216
Top Bottom