315 Watt Cmh! Enough For A 4 X 4 Tent?

• Thread starter snoplow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Big kahuna
They are heavy! About 60#. In use 300# hooks into floor joists (2x, 1 main, 1 back-up safety hook). 75# rope ratchets to 1 hook, 200# safety chain to the 2nd on every hood. I'd rather it be overkill, than have a hood fall.

In have a spare cmh ballast, adapter, bulb, and 942 and 930 setup in letting my friend borrow. He runs a 600w cool tube. I told him 4x 4.7gal short/ fat pots (like I use), 1x darlins net, 1x gg4, 1x cheese, 1x mob boss all under 1x315 in a cool tube. All strains yield me 5oz each pot. So in theory, he should at the least get 16oz at minimum. Currently he gets 9oz with 600w.

C

CannaN00b

What size tent do you run that set up in? Is it hard to keep temps in control with the 630w total cmh?

Cats_in_Superposition

Cats_in_Superposition

What size tent do you run that set up in? Is it hard to keep temps in control with the 630w total cmh?
Thread from the dead but figured this might help someone... we use to run x1 630 watt CMH (x2 315 watt in a single ballast) in our 4x4 flowering tent and we got pretty good results, however one side of the ballast started blowing bulbs on the regular so we're now running only 1 bulb in it (using it as a regular 315watt) and we moved another 315watt CMH into the 4x4..this puts us at the same 630watts we started with but growth and yield are MUCH better under x2 315 watt CMHs that are spread out than it ever was with x2 bulbs under a single hood...I'm sure everyone in this thread is aware of this but i thought i'd drop my experience because Google has indexed this question near the top of "CMH in 4x4" search. terms..

X2 315CMH
Top Bottom