33 day old autoflower problems

• Thread starter bulletxs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bulletxs

bulletxs

Hey all, first grow here so any help is appreciated. I've got 6 autoflowers going right now, all different strains. Out of the 6, three look like they're having the same issues. Droopy leaves curling downward. The other 3 look pretty perky and healthy from what I can tell. They've all been on the same watering schedule thus far, only watering when the pots feel dry by weight. I'm at day 33, so far I've watered 8 times within those 33 days. The first 3 or so weeks was just phd water with no nutes. On the 6th watering I gave them their first nutes, Cal mag and GH flora 3 part series. 1ml cal mag, micro, grow, and 0.5ml bloom per gallon of water. About two days after this nute watering I started to tell two were drooping, while the other 3 looked perky. Two waterings later of just plain ph'd tap water with really no noticeable improvement.

My setup is a 4x4 tent with 3 LED lights, two are HLG 100's and the other is a vivosun blurple 600W (230W actual) all at 20ish inches from the plants. My temps are on the lower side I believe at 69-70F when lights are OFF and 74F when the lights are ON. 20/4 is the light cycle. MyRH stays between 50-60%

These pictures are all of the same plant. but the others look pretty much identical to this one so I didn't bother getting close ups of the other two.

33 day old autoflower problems
33 day old autoflower problems 2
33 day old autoflower problems 3
33 day old autoflower problems 4
33 day old autoflower problems 5
33 day old autoflower problems 6
33 day old autoflower problems 7
33 day old autoflower problems 8
33 day old autoflower problems 9
33 day old autoflower problems 10
33 day old autoflower problems 11
33 day old autoflower problems 12
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

What growing medium? Some have nutes in so could be overfeeding. What ph are you going with?

bulletxs

bulletxs

What growing medium? Some have nutes in so could be overfeeding. What ph are you going with?
Espoma organic potting soil with added perlite. 3 gal fabric pots. Using tap water varying my ph with every watering between 6.2-6.8

WankirA

WankirA

Am a usual photo period guy but have done a few auto runs and one thing i would suggest is to seperate the feeding schedule to per plant, they each have their own requirements so feeding them same wont be doing right by the plant.
Additionally, is that coco you have them in?
No doubt someone will be along to fix whatever is ailing them soon enoug.
Good luck

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Hey all, first grow here so any help is appreciated. I've got 6 autoflowers going right now, all different strains. Out of the 6, three look like they're having the same issues. Droopy leaves curling downward. The other 3 look pretty perky and healthy from what I can tell. They've all been on the same watering schedule thus far, only watering when the pots feel dry by weight. I'm at day 33, so far I've watered 8 times within those 33 days. The first 3 or so weeks was just phd water with no nutes. On the 6th watering I gave them their first nutes, Cal mag and GH flora 3 part series. 1ml cal mag, micro, grow, and 0.5ml bloom per gallon of water. About two days after this nute watering I started to tell two were drooping, while the other 3 looked perky. Two waterings later of just plain ph'd tap water with really no noticeable improvement.

My setup is a 4x4 tent with 3 LED lights, two are HLG 100's and the other is a vivosun blurple 600W (230W actual) all at 20ish inches from the plants. My temps are on the lower side I believe at 69-70F when lights are OFF and 74F when the lights are ON. 20/4 is the light cycle. MyRH stays between 50-60%

These pictures are all of the same plant. but the others look pretty much identical to this one so I didn't bother getting close ups of the other two.

She looks over fed to me. What type of grow medium are you using?
From my past few runs of Autos I have noticed there is a fine line of using nutes near 30 days during their transition period.

bulletxs

bulletxs

She looks over fed to me. What type of grow medium are you using?
From my past few runs of Autos I have noticed there is a fine line of using nutes near 30 days during their transition period.
Theyre in espoma organic soil. Sounds like I should just cut the nutes out completely and just top dress with some of the same leftover soil that theyre in then.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Agree with you guys, feed different schedules since different strains, soil has some nutes in it but not excessive amounts. Some plants like less tho so hold off on feeding droopy 1s for week or 2 (you should see difference when they want food) & keep slowly increasing food for future, little trial & error but have patience

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Theyre in espoma organic soil. Sounds like I should just cut the nutes out completely and just top dress with some of the same leftover soil that theyre in then.
Remember different feed schedules for different strains

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
To me, the plant looks overfed, but I always seem to say that. If the problem seemed to start after your last feeding, I would suspect a possible lockout, although I'm not a multi product grower. Your plant is nice, but pretty small overall and the extra feeding might have created an imbalance. Do you have any Ph or PPM measurements? The purple veins suggest P or K issues... what medium are you using? When you start stacking different nutrients, they can add up in unintended ratios. Hopefully another member who is more familiar with using multiple additives will be able to shed more light on the problem.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Autos are pretty finicky, do you let your water sit for 24 hours? Do you know what ppm your water is ? Do you water to runoff? What is the run off ph and ppm
Sorry for the questions I’m still pretty new to the indoor thing with autos,
Kinda looks hungry to me, but overwatered as well? I would need the info to make a good decision, hopefully one of those top notch guys will be along! No disrespect to any one who has posted ! Lmao
Definitely feed each plant individually
And lastly my two best investments following imo top notch people here on the farm! And purchasing 1 or two of good old fashioned books! Lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

See that they are already on it! Thanx @MIMedGrower and @Jimster

Moshmen

Moshmen

To me, the plant looks overfed, but I always seem to say that. If the problem seemed to start after your last feeding, I would suspect a possible lockout, although I'm not a multi product grower. Your plant is nice, but pretty small overall and the extra feeding might have created an imbalance. Do you have any Ph or PPM measurements? The purple veins suggest P or K issues... what medium are you using? When you start stacking different nutrients, they can add up in unintended ratios. Hopefully another member who is more familiar with using multiple additives will be able to shed more light on the problem.
Multiples have not worked out for me. A balanced nutritional attack seems to work best for the autos. IMO

bulletxs

bulletxs

Since the pots were on the ground the bottoms were still wet and cold to the touch compared to the middle and top portion of the soil. I had them in saucers sitting on the basement floor and when I would water I would water until runoff and then empty the saucers the best I could but there would still always be a bit of water left in them which would explain why the bottoms stay saturated. I Just now got them about 6 inches off the ground sitting on some wire drawer things so hopefully now theyll have better air circulation for the bottoms to dry out. I water with a PH between 6.2 and 6.8 and the only time I tested the runoff ph it was at 6.9. I do not know what the ppm of the water is as I dont have anything to measure that but its tap water and I water right after filling the bucket so it has not sat for 24 hours.

IMG 4127
Moshmen

Moshmen

Ok first if ya let it sit the Chlorine dissipates, pot don’t like Chlorine, not sure what buffers in your soil as I’m not familiar with it but if I had to guess you have high ppm and high ph bad combination can lick out mobile nutrients along with the bottoms never drying, you need that dry cycle to support oxygen intake.
Let dry out completely first then see what she looks like

bulletxs

bulletxs

Ok first if ya let it sit the Chlorine dissipates, pot don’t like Chlorine, not sure what buffers in your soil as I’m not familiar with it but if I had to guess you have high ppm and high ph bad combination can lick out mobile nutrients along with the bottoms never drying, you need that dry cycle to support oxygen intake.
Let dry out completely first then see what she looks like
Sounds good Ill wait until dry and see from there. Seems like not many people are familiar with or just simply don't recommend using a 3 part liquid nutes like the GH flora series im using. Since this is my first grow mind you im in soil, is there something else that you can think of thatll be better for me to use instead of the GH floraseries nutes?

Moshmen

Moshmen

White widow 60 days
Sounds good Ill wait until dry and see from there. Seems like not many people are familiar with or just simply don't recommend using a 3 part liquid nutes like the GH flora series im using. Since this is my first grow mind you im in soil, is there something else that you can think of thatll be better for me to use instead of the GH floraseries nutes?
I too started with the multiples, I’ve tried 3 different general hydro lines and thru them all in the trash! I now use pure blend pro grow by botanicare thruout the entire life cycle. Autos are definitely picky and I find that just altering the amount of a balanced diet works better than adding this then and that now! Lol the only thing I supplement is calmag, and even that can be tricky as to much of it can lock you plant up .

Overall they look good! Starting the stretch! Prolly about double in size in the next week or ten days. I keep mine small , and pull an average of 1 1/2 - 2 dried smokable ounces per plant. Here’s a quick shot of s 60 day white widow in the back and a skunk at about 45 days. Yes I know my tent is crowded ! Lol something you should try NOT to do

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Since the pots were on the ground the bottoms were still wet and cold to the touch compared to the middle and top portion of the soil. I had them in saucers sitting on the basement floor and when I would water I would water until runoff and then empty the saucers the best I could but there would still always be a bit of water left in them which would explain why the bottoms stay saturated. I Just now got them about 6 inches off the ground sitting on some wire drawer things so hopefully now theyll have better air circulation for the bottoms to dry out. I water with a PH between 6.2 and 6.8 and the only time I tested the runoff ph it was at 6.9. I do not know what the ppm of the water is as I dont have anything to measure that but its tap water and I water right after filling the bucket so it has not sat for 24 hours.

Noticing and getting he pots off the cold floor and not letting runoff sit is a great start. Make aure it is bery dry and light before watering again.

A ppm (ec) meter is a necessity in my opinion. Its ph in a potting soil grow that is always overstated. Cant advise next move without knowing what is left in the medium. Monitoring runoff ppms compared to input ppms is how we do that. You can see trends over time. Are they eating what they are given or is it just building up? Only one way to know for sure. Ppms.

bulletxs

bulletxs

Noticing and getting he pots off the cold floor and not letting runoff sit is a great start. Make aure it is bery dry and light before watering again.

A ppm (ec) meter is a necessity in my opinion. Its ph in a potting soil grow that is always overstated. Cant advise next move without knowing what is left in the medium. Monitoring runoff ppms compared to input ppms is how we do that. You can see trends over time. Are they eating what they are given or is it just building up? Only one way to know for sure. Ppms.
I ordered a ppm meter last night so hopefully I can get back on track when that gets here. Will update back when I can get those readings for some advice on what to do next.

Top Bottom