34 days into first ever grow - the story so far...

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Three of my five clones. Taken from last girl to flower, about two days before it started to flower. Cut, straight into tap water, wait for roots. I thought this cloning malarkey was supposed to be difficult?? 😬😂😅
We'll call it beginners luck... Think I'll go straight into my 3 gal smart pots. Another few days I'll almost have long enough roots to reach to the bottom of the pot. Reckon these things will go off once they're potted. Judging by the node stacking and beautiful white pistils it's a good plant. Think I'm going to enjoy running five clones of that girl. By five weeks when the tent is clear these should go straight from the yard into 12/12.

86AE03AF 09FA 4B16 99CA D788DE875B6E
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Dang who needs a cloning dome, huh? Nice roots.
Thanks man. I'll put it down to good genes and a bit of luck. I just have them near the LED stove light turned on all night, literally all I've done for them. Put very light nutes and silica in the water last night. Will add rhizo in a couple of days then pot the day after that ☺️

FourPlants

FourPlants

Good job with the clones. I just acquired a 24 site aeroponic cloner and I am testing it out with some Persian shields

FourPlants

FourPlants

Nice! Look forward to seeing pics ☺️

The cloner with some cuttings in it

Cloner

The mother recovering from 8 toppings... This plant may get crazy. I plan to overwinter the mom and grow the cuttings into some more moms. Come late winter take a bunch more and have 50 or so to build a nice backdrop for the shade garden I want to plant by the creek in the spring.

Persian shield

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

So again I need some advice from the farm. First question- what are the best to wear while working on my plants? I see a lot of guys using tight black latex gloves for trimming and stuff - would they help? I can't go near these things any more, takes me ten minutes to get all the resin off my hands and arms and I'm only ever five minutes away from feeding my kid...

I read online that if I'm giving my plants too many photons I risk giving them airy buds. I've never seen buds developing, any sign of that here? I'm led to believe I'd see a lot of yellowing of top leaves if there was light damage, which I'm not. Just don't want to get thru another month only to raise I've basically been making a sequel to that shit movie Air Bud. They look pretty good, the smaller heads on middle sites of the bushes have these tight nugget buds. I'm sure top colas always look different than those tight little inside buds, but would be good to have assurance the heads are looking correct. See photos below. @Justlovetogrow @growsince79 @BionicKroniK @ComfortablyNumb

I'm loving this stunty girl. She took her time to get there but look at her now!!

7231FF4F 98F5 4F05 8097 7276D3D376CA

Cheers to @Aqua Man for telling me not to give up on her. Very very happy I have clones 😍

Some nice macros and head shots. Enjoy!

718F18B6 A1AD 427E AB61 D3B2221E97E0
75ADA201 4287 4A5E 8D95 593F9F2C2FE9
846070EC C92D 43CB 99B2 0F0273367BD1
6E1FF0B4 1A26 47A7 8A3D F72747DA748C
E91115CB A3F5 4003 9C2A 3D8D16023A90
A289E60D 00A5 4F13 A070 5DE8A948BAD2
C660384A 5D7A 45A3 9DA7 2FD3047E6DF7
C4898E5C EB57 432A 932B 6E157B2E04D6
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

So I think I've mentioned on here one of my motivators to grow is the piss poor quality of the herb around these parts. So I just pulled one small sugar leaf off a bud and put it in my vape. It literally blew out of the water every cut of weed I've acquired in this god forsaken city in at least five years. One sugar leaf. Six months into flower.

I'm really looking forward to harvest...

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

So I think I've mentioned on here one of my motivators to grow is the piss poor quality of the herb around these parts. So I just pulled one small sugar leaf off a bud and put it in my vape. It literally blew out of the water every cut of weed I've acquired in this god forsaken city in at least five years. One sugar leaf. Six months into flower.

I'm really looking forward to harvest...
It looks really great. Do you have a scope? Lets check trichs.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Man U doin a great job them nugs will fatten up heaps in the next 3-4 weeks mate I’m hearing ya on the shit quality same around here mate way better off with home grown👍

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Man U doin a great job them nugs will fatten up heaps in the next 3-4 weeks mate I’m hearing ya on the shit quality same around here mate way better off with home grown👍
Yep should have done it years ago. Once the borders shut to Adelaide we were up shit creek as over here it's just the Vietnamese grow houses, where as we know it's all about get em ripe, get em out. All chemically driven, forget curing they don't even dry or trim at all to increase the weight. I'm bringing the champagne to this party mofos 😅

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

So now three of the four quantum boards are not coming on correctly each day. Have to go in there and unplug them and with then plug them in again to get them going. Absolutely cannot rely on them. My first and last time buying anything from Mars Hydro.

Fortunately the good people at Spider Farmer have come to the rescue. They have sent me one of their new fangled SE3000 bar lights, should be here in a few days. I'll be doing a full grow diary and review of the light for them, running my clones of my Green Crack tall girl.

As it turns out it can't get here quickly enough. As soon as it arrives I will set it up and switch it wth the Mars Hydro lamps. Can't get them out of there quickly enough. The Spider Farmer will get me through the rest of my grow and then week start my next grow under it from the start.

So if I wasn't excited enough about getting such a great light, their timing couldn't be better. Six weeks of 12/12 today so starting to get into flower ripening, will be winding the lights back for the last couple of weeks, but will be nice not having to wonder whether the lights are gonna work if I'm not there. 😋

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter

Nectarivorous, fine job on your first grow! Have you given any consideration to your drying and curing method? It's an aspect of the grow some guys don't take into consideration until it's a stinking up the whole block​

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

In my earliest of days of starting to plan my grow I considered just buying a Mars hydro 2X4 package.

Based on your experience and others I have seen I am so glad I did not.
Yeah it's a shame they're let down by poor connections and soldering because they really do bang out some light. Like I say credit where credit is due, they've got me this far and given beautiful flowers but in our game reliability is everything if you don't want to be tied to the house all the time.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous, fine job on your first grow! Have you given any consideration to your drying and curing method? It's an aspect of the grow some guys don't take into consideration until it's a stinking up the whole block​

Hey thanks mate! I certainly have given it a lot of thought - would be heartbreaking to get this far only to lose it all to rot at the last hurdle. My grow room is inside an outdoor closet at the back of the house, stays pretty ambient but easy to manage because it's so small. When starting harvest I will drive on a clothes rack to the side of the tent. I will keep RH at about 50 for a few days, then aim to keep things at 60-62. Once the tent has been fully harvested all drying will move into the tent which is even easier to regulate of course. Aiming for 10-14 days drying. Dry trim and into Mason jars for curing. I have abandoned RH metres I can drop into the jars to monitor and burp as necessary. Once RH stabilises, 62% two-way packs go into the jars to keep them at peak smokability.

So that's the plan. Please feel free to tell me everything I've missed or am off the mark on. I've relied on the knowledge of this community to get this far, why stop now? 😅

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Hey thanks mate! I certainly have given it a lot of thought - would be heartbreaking to get this far only to lose it all to rot at the last hurdle. My grow room is inside an outdoor closet at the back of the house, stays pretty ambient but easy to manage because it's so small. When starting harvest I will drive on a clothes rack to the side of the tent. I will keep RH at about 50 for a few days, then aim to keep things at 60-62. Once the tent has been fully harvested all drying will move into the tent which is even easier to regulate of course. Aiming for 10-14 days drying. Dry trim and into Mason jars for curing. I have abandoned RH metres I can drop into the jars to monitor and burp as necessary. Once RH stabilises, 62% two-way packs go into the jars to keep them at peak smokability.

So that's the plan. Please feel free to tell me everything I've missed or am off the mark on. I've relied on the knowledge of this community to get this far, why stop now? 😅
Had bud rot once took out 50% of a crop 2 days before it was to be chopped.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

6 weeks today! Day 42 of 12/12. So after three months of growing and fucking around trying to find the right res tank, I realised what I should have known months ago. Even the hydro store gives these big square tanks, you never really feel like the air stone is circulating things properly - and I had to mark my own levels 🤦‍♂️ Went to help my friend make home brew and realised plastic carboys exist with levels already marked. Because it's tall and thin the one air stone does a great job. I was getting horrible foam on top from the batshit and sugars I'm adding. No such issues now.

E5DD10F0 896F 4327 8F88 F42A60F77DC3

Canopy looking good but stunty girl is stunty no more. She's gone mental.

2637C3BF 1232 4851 B3AC A595E6C7D874

Headshots!

65F80B98 81D1 483F BBAC CEEED803D58D
46F08435 EAA2 4756 A5DB CBE3C1028DCF
329970BE 74EF 4755 BF46 F3D2960CB2C5
2E740492 FFA9 4572 9BBB CA10A9936DF8
61C23A63 D11F 4646 8359 C9EE045B4796
D90DF9DA AE56 4A84 B7B1 9E8DBD867D3B
533FE4C1 1E0B 4EC2 B2AA 71EFA1B3BF1A
FD52DA87 1E90 4338 ACBE 2F32272D280D

Discovered the iPhone has a magnifier app. Annoyingly just not quite zoomed enough to get really clear trichomes. Still reckon I'm seeing a lot of cloudiness but don't really have an experienced eye. Makes for great macros though 😍

008808BA 6FA7 4569 A166 C55E68A338CB
FA4B4AFC 7749 407B 9C70 55152F7734A8
EF227B8C F30E 40B0 9F63 71A41475A990
0683752C 7BC0 40D9 A81C 5C9E830E3CFC

Latest posts

Top Bottom