34% THC og kush

• Thread starter pimpin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
anyone see kushmart new ad about there 34% og smells like bs any of u cali boys no what cut this is or if its true

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I thought that the highest THC % possible in a bud was in the high 20's% I think i remember reading that in a hightimes mag interview with one of the big testers here in cali or CO, and the main dude stated that, something about surface mass to trich ratio.

Confu...

I

ibTheMan

Highest recorded THC is 32% i believe (recorded by the government, and it was some type of mexican weed)

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Highest recorded THC is 32% i believe (recorded by the government, and it was some type of mexican weed)

do u know how long ago this was. something about the technology to test changing and the figures being more accurate nowadays.

Confu...

jyip

jyip

I been growing the swag for years already,,, it gets ya too stoned and nobody wants it cuz of that fact,,, cheapo 34% thc ragweed is all it is man!! who would want that trash huh??
I heard the have autoflowerers that go seed to harvest in 52 days too, they call it Deck, short for deck of cards,,,and get this man, they yeild on the average over 2.5 kilos too!!!
crazy genetics for sure!!

did I mention they are priced right too?

S

SSHZ

The owner of a certified lab recently told me the highest possible % is in the 25-26% range...... for physical reasons, it could not be higher when testing pot. His detailed explanation convinced me, but damn if I know what he was talking about!

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

I've heard that there are tricks that can effect thc cbn cbc %. If the bud is super dry, (void of moister) it weighs less so the % of thc is higher. There is some very good weed that doesn't test well, so there maybe something that is being missed in the process of testing.

M

MIway

I've heard that there are tricks that can effect thc cbn cbc %. If the bud is super dry, (void of moister) it weighs less so the % of thc is higher. There is some very good weed that doesn't test well, so there maybe something that is being missed in the process of testing.

There are tricks... but those are trade secrets... I had to sign a contract... ;-)

Usually they test for Moisture Content... take your submitted sample, weigh it, then dehydrate it, then reweigh it... divide the two values... get your MC reading for the sample.

This dried sample is then tested... talkin GC testing. So, the theory that dried samples test higher as a % isn't exactly correct... not one of the tricks.

Where you pick on the plant & when you pick makes a big difference. Not having stem material in the sample... makes a really big difference. How you submit makes a big difference. And there is an error margin on each test... along with an estimation of available cannabinoids...

Combine it all with some decently grown weed... I can see breaking 30 on a single run of testing.

Reactions: 313
beezleb878

beezleb878

The owner of a certified lab recently told me the highest possible % is in the 25-26% range...... for physical reasons, it could not be higher when testing pot. His detailed explanation convinced me, but damn if I know what he was talking about!

I would like to see what can throw off the tests and have that tested to see if some samples are seasoned a bit somehow. No way do I believe everyone plays fair and some of these ratings I have seen are bizarre and I question the accuracy. I also think the lab should take the material off the plant themselves at key points as indicated in a post about where you take the samples matters too. I think I really would like more about the process rather than ship it to and we get back to you info. I see lots of scientific stuff about the process but what about the integrity/competency of the person sending the material to be tested. How to prove what is sent and listed as such and such truly is that and that in pure form? From a financial stand point you would be stupid to not do what you could to test high, but make sure it does not go over board hehe.

While potent strains I am sure, playing the number game will be the highest level. Before you got a few handfuls of people blitzed and they would tell the world. Now you get a lab and some numbers and get the world. Number padding via testing I believe in part some of this is but I do not know and am just talking right out my ass, which taste pretty bad I may add and do not recommend it.

Marketing gimmick? Tool? Both? I think it depends on what your really doing.

R

RareDanknessRep

I've never seen a lab result above 28% in THC with the exception of buds that have been sprayed with tincture then allowed to dry. Funny side note, this backfired when they tried spraying more tincture on them, because the alcohol actually dissolved some of the trichomes on the bud, then dripped off.

See Full Spectrum Labs - those are all the Colorado strains that have tested above 25% THC - nothing has broken 30

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
I've never seen a lab result above 28% in THC with the exception of buds that have been sprayed with tincture then allowed to dry. Funny side note, this backfired when they tried spraying more tincture on them, because the alcohol actually dissolved some of the trichomes on the bud, then dripped off.

See Full Spectrum Labs - those are all the Colorado strains that have tested above 25% THC - nothing has broken 30

nice the uk cheese is leading the test results with 26% thc :)

MEGA956

MEGA956

//I heard tanning lights increase THC, never tried it though.

R

RareDanknessRep

nice the uk cheese is leading the test results with 26% thc :)

It actually leads in total cannabinoids, but if you click the individual strains, there are some higher in THC :)

S

Snow Crash

Jack the Ripper from TGA Subcool tested just over 26% total Cannabinoids, with over 16% THC-v. I think low 30's is about the top out point, but who knows... I know that I wouldn't advertise a percentage like that.

Definitely sounds more like hype than truth.

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

I definitely read somewhere that a lab in Alberta tested a Northern Lights plant that ran in at 37%. Might have been bs.

Top Bottom