• Thread starter pimpin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

Doesn't the White test at about 27%? Seen it at a few clubs in Sac

K

kolah

Lab tests are nice but it's just a rough guessimate, IMO. There are so many variables that can alter the results.

The best "test" is loading and lighting up your precious weed.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
People keep looking for the Holy Grail of Cannabis.I don`t think there will ever be one.The reason is every strain has different combanations of cannabinoids and the way it is grown also changes this.Also each person has a slightly different system so the way it effects us is also a little different.People like different strains for a reason.

I really know little about this new testing tech but I think the combanation of cannainoids is just as important as the amount total and everyone is going to like different combanations.

I`d really like to test out some of the African Black Magic anyway just to see. I`ve grown it a few times but beyond having many problems growing it (it`s about as fussy as possible to grow) the trechoms seem to weep. They swell up and burst there thick blackish amber fuid and drip while new heads seem to swell up contenuosly.The fuid drips from the leaves and at some point makes the soil toxic to the plant,I think anyway because they always die on me. I also have tryed to keep them in veg and that doesn`t work ether,they seem to be somewhat auto flowering.They do get large but it`s really hard to get viable seed to grow from them. I have no idea how the reported African shawman grew these things as was reported to me! Maybe it has to be grown on that location to grow right for some reason? I`m thinking of trying crosses with it to see if I can correct some of the problems this fussy plant exibits.I know a lot of people that have heard about this plant want the genetics and I`ve had my share of people trying to rip it off from me over the years, but they really couldn`t market it the way it is now.It is just a tuff plant to grow. it is some of the strongest smoke I`ve ever had though, it would give any hash a run for it`s money. Having come upon these genetics has been a blessing as well as a curse! I am determened to keep working with these rare genetics as well as the many other rare genetics I have collected from being a seed hoe all my life. Just got to rebuild again and keep the greedy rippers and thiefs away!

fractal

fractal

That 32% thc mexican weed sounds like what i want to be smoking on, given the choice. And with all the hype on new school strains, I would bet a good Northern Lights specimen would be wayyyy up there on the thc scale, as good as anything else available.

mack 10

mack 10

^^that black african sounds crazy, mark, Weeping resin? we need to see more. Mack.

D

Don Ganja

I recently had 16 strains tested. My SFV OG X Chemdog clone tested over 23% thc and 27.73 % total cannibanoids.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

the strain kushmart sells is called Rick James OG.. ive smoked it.. its dank. but idk about 34% THC.. its funny, ive talked with the alleged vendors at different times.. one told me 30, another told me 32, and then kushmart says 34.. so who knows..

T

TreFarmer

Where is Texas Kid?? He always chimes in about now...
Wish I could find the thread... remember that guy "My Og consistantly Tests at 27%"
I think was it... anybody?
I think TK says there are varieties (lol) that are modified and are hitting 99% either way...
BUELER?....

T

treehugger

I recently had 16 strains tested. My SFV OG X Chemdog clone tested over 23% thc and 27.73 % total cannibanoids.

and that's the kinda misplaced pride that can drive a new homogenization of cannabis strains as growers select exclusively for high raw THC percentages. Testing has already shown that it's not the highest test results that satisfy the soul, in fact many "elites" test in the high teens. If your med preferences tend towards the sledgehammer effect, please use a concentrate...

kushluvr

kushluvr

I been growing the swag for years already,,, it gets ya too stoned and nobody wants it cuz of that fact,,, cheapo 34% thc ragweed is all it is man!! who would want that trash huh??
I heard the have autoflowerers that go seed to harvest in 52 days too, they call it Deck, short for deck of cards,,,and get this man, they yeild on the average over 2.5 kilos too!!!
crazy genetics for sure!!

did I mention they are priced right too?

^^^^^^HUH, bro? WTF?

T

TreFarmer

and that's the kinda misplaced pride that can drive a new homogenization of cannabis strains as growers select exclusively for high raw THC percentages. Testing has already shown that it's not the highest test results that satisfy the soul, in fact many "elites" test in the high teens. If your med preferences tend towards the sledgehammer effect, please use a concentrate...
Losin' our Meds!!

fuzzb3

fuzzb3

People keep looking for the Holy Grail of Cannabis.I don`t think there will ever be one.The reason is every strain has different combanations of cannabinoids and the way it is grown also changes this.Also each person has a slightly different system so the way it effects us is also a little different.People like different strains for a reason.

I really know little about this new testing tech but I think the combanation of cannainoids is just as important as the amount total and everyone is going to like different combanations.

I`d really like to test out some of the African Black Magic anyway just to see. I`ve grown it a few times but beyond having many problems growing it (it`s about as fussy as possible to grow) the trechoms seem to weep. They swell up and burst there thick blackish amber fuid and drip while new heads seem to swell up contenuosly.The fuid drips from the leaves and at some point makes the soil toxic to the plant,I think anyway because they always die on me. I also have tryed to keep them in veg and that doesn`t work ether,they seem to be somewhat auto flowering.They do get large but it`s really hard to get viable seed to grow from them. I have no idea how the reported African shawman grew these things as was reported to me! Maybe it has to be grown on that location to grow right for some reason? I`m thinking of trying crosses with it to see if I can correct some of the problems this fussy plant exibits.I know a lot of people that have heard about this plant want the genetics and I`ve had my share of people trying to rip it off from me over the years, but they really couldn`t market it the way it is now.It is just a tuff plant to grow. it is some of the strongest smoke I`ve ever had though, it would give any hash a run for it`s money. Having come upon these genetics has been a blessing as well as a curse! I am determened to keep working with these rare genetics as well as the many other rare genetics I have collected from being a seed hoe all my life. Just got to rebuild again and keep the greedy rippers and thiefs away!

^^that black african sounds crazy, mark, Weeping resin? we need to see more. Mack.

Agreed ^^^

I'd like to hear more about the african black magic! So interesting

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
You`d just want your money back in no time my friend! It is one Bitch to grow. It is very hard to sprout,won`t clone and dies on you if you even look side ways at it.When you think you got it down, it starts to put on way to large of cola and when you try to support it it bruses anywhere you tie it up and starts to die off.It hardly ever thows out a female and when it does they are never in flower when the males dump there pollen.I have made a few crosses using the African Black Magic male pollen but they never seem to carry much of the traits I wanted. When I get set up well enough this will be one of my first projects. I`m thinking of using a male cross and back crossing it to a female next time I get a chance.I`m just not sure what I`ll get because all of the offspring of the crosses have produced different pheno types and are very unstable.It`s almost like ABM is a new sub-strain or something.I`d bet money it has a few different cannabanoids than other strains because the high is so different than you would expect.

One thing I don`t want to do is build on the legion. Yes when you do get it to flower and get bud, it is powerful, but I don`t see it as a holy grail or anything.Something special yes, but a lot of hype has grown up about the strain over the years and I just don`t want people to be disapointed.I shared a few bags of flowers back in the 70`s of this strain and a now well know breader got ahold of it and thought enough of it to make comments that got published in a MJ mag. From there the story blew up and just gets bigger every time it is retold. I did get offered a large sum for the genetics but knowing all the problems of growing this strain I laughted it off as a joke.I don`t think the breader would have any better luck making it comercial than I have.Although he has much better funding than I have ,he lacks the expirience by alot of years, that I have.And it`s not that I`m older in most cases than other breeders it`s that I started growing at age 6 and was tought by family who had been growing cannabis as far back as the early 1600`s.

Anyway this is going to be my project and mine alone.It`s not that I`m a horder so much as I just want the strain to live up to some of my expitations and not other peoples( I do admit however to being a seed hoe).I also need to be more established as a breeder in the comunities eyes.I have lot of expirience but have not got credit for much of the work I`ve done in the past.I almost got busted at one time and after that I worked behind the curtians for the most part. I used to be called the little wizard at one point because everyone knew my strains but very few knew they were made by me. AK -47,Jolly Green,Peace Maker,ect. I lost out fame as well as cash flow but I excaped being behind bars like so many others I can think of. Wasn`t all that long ago that even one stem of cannibis could get you ten years of hard time in Cali.Much has changed over the years and yet much has not.

sb805og101

sb805og101

Is this the same giant black african juju beans a while ago hype from captinkronic? Been away for awhile ?sorry if not markscastle

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
No I don`t think the Capt ever had the Real thing.He may have had some other elite African strain ,or maybe it was all hype. This is the strain featured in an artical long ago in High Times.It came from the outskirts of the old French Congo.Was grown by a Shawman and obtained by me through a person who moved to the states after his father got a new posting here from the French Diplimatic Corps. I went to a Catholic School with him(All sauage school except the ugly Nuns).

fuzzb3

fuzzb3

Thanks mark. Cant wait to hear back on some progress when you have time to do so in the future!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m hoping I can get a cash crop off this Fall and have my road, and infastructure in on my property by next Winter.After that I should start working on an Artic style Geenhouse and an under ground indoor grow operation. I might work on completing a few seed projects along with my outdoor grow this Spring, but nothing to large a project yet. I need a well equipt lab setting to really work my magic. I also will need to work on a better power supply and security before I bring out any larger projects.All this will take some time and money. Doesn`t help I`ve been the target of so many rippers along the way!

squiggly

squiggly

I don't think you'd get a super accurate picture of the weight% by gc only. Alot of that crap would char out in an oven.

I think you'd really need to get into HPLC, GC, and ICP atomization.

Analytical chemistry is tough. You can't just take a dry, solid, sample and throw it in a GC and get a THC percent.

Realistically they should be doing an extraction on the bud to separate the dry material. Doing GC on that will give u a better picture. Spiking in GC and then backed up by HPLC would be my chosen method for best results. GC is best left for trace analysis imo unless its the only machine you've got.

V

VirtuallyHi

The owner of a certified lab recently told me the highest possible % is in the 25-26% range...... for physical reasons, it could not be higher when testing pot. His detailed explanation convinced me, but damn if I know what he was talking about!
LA pulled off that trick twice at the Cup there in February, and then Denver did it four times in April, with the heaviest-hitting strain going over 28 percent. High Times.... your guy like several I've read like to talk smack with nothing to back it up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom