36 hours of darkness before flipping to flowet

• Thread starter xtchill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xtchill

xtchill

So I was watching YouTube video and come across someone giving there babies 36 hours of darkness before they flipped into flower.

Something to do with evening them out so they all start flowering the same time and then cut down virtually at the same time.

Not sure how true this is but want the farmers opinions.

E9noxis

E9noxis

I do 24 hours dark before flower. I dont have a good reason. I guess, when I started doing it I thought it would help them "notice" the time change... sounds dumb now that I'm explaining it.

I also used red light for an hour and a half overlapping lights on and off to simulate sun up and sun down to indicate 'got to sleep and wake up'

Lights do things to plants. Might be subtle but things happen. I dont mind if nothing is coming from it, nor have I had the resources to do a controlled experiment about it.

Lastly, I do 48 hours dark before harvest. And I cut before the lights come back on.

H

hawkman

check this light cycle out for 100% sativa's _ veg at 12/12 and when you flip to flower give 24-36hr dark time then flower at 11/13 basicly doing a dark time before flowering will shorten flower times by 2 weeks

TSD

TSD

check this light cycle out for 100% sativa's _ veg at 12/12 and when you flip to flower give 24-36hr dark time then flower at 11/13 basicly doing a dark time before flowering will shorten flower times by 2 weeks
Never heard of a 12 hour cyfor veg, that's usually what we flip to when we want to start flowering...

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

I've heard of 11/13 to help equatorial sativas begin flowering but never 12/12 for veg.

Latest posts

Top Bottom