3600w [RDWC] 13gal Buckets ScrOG w/ C02 by BudLust

• Thread starter BudLust
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BudLust

plants r exploding....nice work BL.
thanks for checkin in brotha

Thought about a plastic welder on the cracks? Not that swapping out buckets is any small feat, but ???

interesting ill have to check into it. my pops mentioned he has a heavy duty heat gun that i could use to melt the crack and reseal it. i had 3 backups and just received a shipment of 4 new ones since i ran out of replacements.

R

RMCG

Heat gun would probably melt the bucket, but a plastic welder (sort of like a soldering iron) has small tip. They sell 'rods' made of different types of plastics, so you should be able to match it to your buckets.

Not 100%, just a thought?

thanks for checkin in brotha

interesting ill have to check into it. my pops mentioned he has a heavy duty heat gun that i could use to melt the crack and reseal it. i had 3 backups and just received a shipment of 4 new ones since i ran out of replacements.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Things are looking good in there Boomer! Hope your buckets hold in there for ya. Did you get the bigger hole saw so that if you have to replace buckets you aren't just running into the same problem?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Very good info, thanks. So far, all the stuff i have scrounged for my system has totalled less than $100, and that's for 5 circuits with a total of nearly 96 sites. The biggest cash outlay looks to be for the seals or bulkheads and tubing, so i am carefully considering my options

B

BudLust

Dehumidifier suggestions?

Been using my 2ton split AC to keep humidity in check but im not going to rely on it for flower.
Ive been looking around for sumthing reasonably priced that will do the job. Im weighing the option of spending the right dime on a large unit now that will process my air volume with 4 systems in the near future or a smaller unit for now then buy another later when needed.
With my air volume and RH is normally pretty high, i researched needing sumthing like 625cfm to accomplish 5 complete air changes every hour. But seeing that my room is completely sealed and im not introducing new air that needs to be treated, would i be able to get away with a dehuey like 50pints or should i do the 120pint? CFM specs seem to vary by manufacturer & size.

Just wanted to see what other growers are using in large applications. Thanks guys. Rep for good advice.

-boom

S

Stu

Why would you go with a dehumidifier if you are running AC? To me a running a dehumidifier would add heat to the room which then your AC turns on to removed the added heat.

I just picked up today a Sentinel EVC-2 to control the temp and humidity in my build out. It looks like I am going to be throwing my current UC run in my veg box build out for the time being. But any who the EVC-2 will be controlling the temperature and the humidity with the 6000 btu window AC unit. A few features I wanted to make sure the AC unit had before I bought was. Auto restart, and a dehumidifying option. The dehumidifying on the AC unit I believe just runs the fan at a lower speed allowing the air to come in contact with the coil longer thus absorbing more moisture.

Stu

S

Stoner Smurf

Wow BL those are looking great? Out of curiosity where did you get the bucket you're using? I couldn't find square UC-like buckets anywhere besides CCH20's site. But I'd never pay 50 bucks for a kitty litter bucket.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@ Stoner Smurf

Those aren't kitty litter buckets. Here's a link to the containers they use. Buckets

Big differences though....they are white, which means you HAVE to wrap them with reflectix. Also you have to cut out your own holes and if you do it wrong.....well, read the whole thread to hear BL's problems with that.

T

tim4960

That is one AWSOME growroom my friend. Good luck with your grow and Yes...Im Druwling lol

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

@ Stoner Smurf

Those aren't kitty litter buckets. Here's a link to the containers they use. Buckets

Big differences though....they are white, which means you HAVE to wrap them with reflectix. Also you have to cut out your own holes and if you do it wrong.....well, read the whole thread to hear BL's problems with that.

They come w/ Uni Seals too.

Might also consider your local Lowe's for the 27 gal totes....looking forward to seeing your set up.

B

BudLust

Why would you go with a dehumidifier if you are running AC? To me a running a dehumidifier would add heat to the room which then your AC turns on to removed the added heat.

I just picked up today a Sentinel EVC-2 to control the temp and humidity in my build out. It looks like I am going to be throwing my current UC run in my veg box build out for the time being. But any who the EVC-2 will be controlling the temperature and the humidity with the 6000 btu window AC unit. A few features I wanted to make sure the AC unit had before I bought was. Auto restart, and a dehumidifying option. The dehumidifying on the AC unit I believe just runs the fan at a lower speed allowing the air to come in contact with the coil longer thus absorbing more moisture.

Stu

with such a large room (7200cf) sealed with no fresh air intake or exhaust system, i have no method to control RH other then the 2ton AC.
Yes the ACs double as a dehuey but this is the issue;
C02 uptake w/ room temp @ 78*-85* is my target range.
Running 6x600w in that size room barely heats the room, if anything i need more load to raise the temps.
At night the outside temp drops and my room is around 70-72* for at least 12hrs of the day. (I run a 24hr photoperiod)
The AC is set to cycle on at watever i want it set to (IE 80*-82*)
So if the room temp never reaches the set temp on the AC, it will never cycle on and remove excess water from the air exchange.
Then that leaves me a room full of humidity in the range of 80-92% is what i see when i come in the morning.
Running DWC and plants on steroids, seems to contribute to higher RH levels then my previous grows.
The Dehuey setting on the AC does use a slower cfm speed which is more efficient at removing moisture from the air, but again the room temp is wat triggers it to come on. i dont have a seperate humidistat on the unit that will cycle once the room reaches a certain RH%.

Since im replicating mother nature, i need total control of Temp & RH, not either or. So thats where im at right now and why im lookin to install the dehuey. especially once i add a few more systems.

-boom

Wow BL those are looking great? Out of curiosity where did you get the bucket you're using? I couldn't find square UC-like buckets anywhere besides CCH20's site. But I'd never pay 50 bucks for a kitty litter bucket.

i ordered mine with our company wholesale from Containers & Packaging but the link celtic posted looks fine.
Ropak is the manufacturer of the containers.

-boom

@ Stoner Smurf

def have to wrap the white buckets. thats where CCUC got it right by switchin to blue. their oldschool buckets are white.
the lids the buckets come with are very flimsy if thats all ure relying on for support. i have a scrog screen that bears most the weight but even right now i can see the lids mite not make it til the end.
I used insulation wrap by frost king for my buckets.
Oh ya did i mention to triple check/measure ur hole cuts? lol
thanks celtic :anim_09:

That is one AWSOME growroom my friend. Good luck with your grow and Yes...Im Druwling lol

dont drool on the comp, mite break then u cant see the beautiful flowers that are coming shortly!
:harvest:

-boomer

B

BudLust

Week 6 Veg

Week 6 Veg

PH @ 5.8-6.1
PPM @ 400-550
Water Temp @ 68*
C02 @ 900ppm
Room Temp @ 77*-80* 60-80% RH
Foliar w/ Heavy16 once
Added 300ml Heavy16 Veg A&B
Bumped up the PPMs to a range of 550-650 it looks so far.

I spent a couple hours under and over the screen pulling new and olds tops into strategical place. I attempted to make sure every 2x1 square had at least one shoot coming thru and supercropping taller bitches so they dont get out of hand. Im thinkng of waiting til saturday to decide to change the photoperiod or wait a few more days. Im allowing new shoots to even out with larger tops then when the canopy is where i like it, ill spray with Heavy16's beta "Low Profile" foliar. Its something very similar to Bushmaster i guess u could say. Spray once when flipped, then wait a week and spray one more time will promote lateral growth and reduce the stretch drastically.
Im very interested in this product and cant wait to do a controlled experiment with side by side systems. (and same phenos)

I plan to ride out my remaining veg nutes for the first week of flower and top off with RO. Ill add DM Zone with the top off and let it circulate for a couple days. Then i will flush while the rez refills and i add flower nutes.

Im looking at ordering a 7gal/day wall mount dehuey. Sumthing like $950 shipped.

Does it count if i smoke sumthing green, instead of wearing it?

http://i1127.invalid.com/albums/l640/budlust/IMG_1232.jpg

http://i1127.invalid.com/albums/l640/budlust/IMG_1233.jpg

http://i1127.invalid.com/albums/l640/budlust/IMG_1234.jpg

3days ago

http://i1127.invalid.com/albums/l640/budlust/IMG_1228.jpg

today

http://i1127.invalid.com/albums/l640/budlust/IMG_1237.jpg

http://i1127.invalid.com/albums/l640/budlust/IMG_1238.jpg

-boom
:harvest:

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Bitchin' canopy Boomer! Rock on wit yo bad self... :rock

D

DWCScroggy

hey there

Just wondering if you could give me an idea where you got the 3 inch grommets for the plumbing into the buckets. Looks Great btw.

B

BudLust

Photoperiod transition

Gettin prepped for the 12/12 flip.
Ill start cleaning up the underside of the screen tomorrow by removing all foliage and in the following days i will go back thru for a thorough lollipopping and take cuts for mothers on the phenos i like so far.
I decided to wait until after tomorrow to begin flower.
Ill do a 24hr dark period before timers come back on at 12/12.
Most tops are 4-8" above the canopy right now and hoping to get them a little taller before i flip.

-boom

G

grinkeeper

Budlust I just found this thread as Im researching new mthods of growth for my 16 x 600w cooltube room... Im really excited about your system and it looks like you really went in full force.. Cheers

cant wait to see more..

by the way , BUDLUST, your not an old VENOM fan are you?

B

Bobby Smith

Looking great, Boom - not sure what kind of dehuey you're looking at with that capacity and at that price, but a little shopping around never hurt anybody :)

Hell, if you just need something to hold you over for a grow or two until you get a few Santa Fe's, just go on Craigslist and get a couple of cheapos for $100 or something.........will dehumidify and also heat up your space a bit.

B

BudLust

Budlust I just found this thread as Im researching new mthods of growth for my 16 x 600w cooltube room... Im really excited about your system and it looks like you really went in full force.. Cheers

cant wait to see more..

by the way , BUDLUST, your not an old VENOM fan are you?

if u got any questions, shoot em my way with a PM or on the forum if its sumwat relative. i perfer to keep the journal clear for other lurkers taking notes and the master growers who stop in to give me advice. i find it annoying when a thread is clogged up with garbage and i spend hours searching thru sumones journal just to find one note.
sounds like u got sum serious lights im curious to see wat u come up with.
this is my first round at this location and system so its a bumpy ride but when its all done ill be more confident in the 2nd and 3rd run thats for sure.

and im not familiar with "venom" but i know its a popular screenname in the gaming scene. my girl is a crazy gamer if ud believe that. lol.

-boomer

Looking great, Boom - not sure what kind of dehuey you're looking at with that capacity and at that price, but a little shopping around never hurt anybody :)

Hell, if you just need something to hold you over for a grow or two until you get a few Santa Fe's, just go on Craigslist and get a couple of cheapos for $100 or something.........will dehumidify and also heat up your space a bit.

thanks for the suggestion bro ill check into those models and see wats up.
im thinkin of throwin in the 1600w space heater just to add more load and get the AC running. thunderstorms most the week so its cold and wet. not wat i want.

Headin to the shop to start underside cleanup and flip these bithces. im gettin tired of waiting. i miss the stank of dank in my rooms...

-boom :harvest:

Top Bottom