3rd design on my hydro grow.

• Thread starter Teslajuana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Seems like a pretty high ph for hydro. I won't let mine get above 5.8. Yours is actually the highest I've seen someone grow at. I assume it can be done at higher ph, but wouldn't the plants absorb more and at faster rates. Like I was under the impression soils high ph is why the growth is slow.

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Seems like a pretty high ph for hydro. I won't let mine get above 5.8. Yours is actually the highest I've seen someone grow at. I assume it can be done at higher ph, but wouldn't the plants absorb more and at faster rates. Like I was under the impression soils high ph is why the growth is slow.
Seems pretty high but what do you think of the plant so far? my lowest threshold for pH is 5.6 and my highest threshold is 6.4. I do not like to go any lower due to metals absorption. I would rather have less metals in my flower than to have high metals absorbed and big buds. Iā€™d rather have smaller quantities but know that I and somewhat safe. Just my thoughts and opinion.
My last grow I kept it between 5.7 and 6.3 most of the time and I did not have one strain come out of that grow with less than 22% which IMO is better than most flower I can buy at a dispo.

Last edited:
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Seems pretty high but what do you think of the plant so far? my lowest threshold for pH is 5.6 and my highest threshold is 6.4. I do not like to go any lower due to metals absorption. I would rather have less metals in my flower than to have high metals absorbed and big buds. Iā€™d rather have smaller quantities but know that I and somewhat safe. Just my thoughts and opinion.
My last grow I kept it between 5.7 and 6.3 most of the time and I did not have one strain come out of that grow with less than 22% which IMO is better than most flower I can buy at a dispo.
I'm right there with you. Go with what works. I have not studied metal absorption so I don't know.

From my understanding the roots only absorb what they need. Regardless how concentrated it is, given poms can slowly drop or increase.

As for bud size, yours are going to be massive either way lol.. Thats one hell of a plant.

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

I'm right there with you. Go with what works. I have not studied metal absorption so I don't know.

From my understanding the roots only absorb what they need. Regardless how concentrated it is, given poms can slowly drop or increase.

As for bud size, yours are going to be massive either way lol.. Thats one hell of a plant.
I think it is important to know where we grow (soil types and where the soil came from whether it be indoor or outdoor), water quality, what you are feeding the cannabis/hemp plant, they are absorbing machines, particularly soil growing, heavy metals can be absorbed with too low of a ph or too high of a ph so I think all growers should stay aware of the potential toxicity of certain soils, water quality, and fertilizer quality to make sure we all donā€™t get exposed to high amounts of lead, mercury, aluminum, arsenic, etc and all those other toxic substances because these cannabis plants will in fact take what is in the medium, water and nutrients regardless. They are sponges.

Last edited:
Pondracer

Pondracer

Really like how you shaped the plant to the trellis. I like my PH closer to 6.0 and I like it to not change much between fills. My whole run I like to mix and fill to the same PH. Yours have great color and minimal browning on the tips - looks good to me.

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Temp 75
Rh 51%
water temp 72f
Original ppm 390
original ph 6.6
Added nutes
New ppm 420
New ph 6.0

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Really like how you shaped the plant to the trellis. I like my PH closer to 6.0 and I like it to not change much between fills. My whole run I like to mix and fill to the same PH. Yours have great color and minimal browning on the tips - looks good to me.
I like the ph bouncing in the range of 6.4-5.6 I feel like the plant gets various forms of good nutrients when that happens.

Last edited:
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

6 weeks ago you were running your ppms at 550 and now you're at 450.

Are you finding that less is indeed mere?

Plants look great
Thanks! Iā€™m still learning. Iā€™m actually tempted to bring the ppms a little higher depending on what the plant does with the current 450ppm because sheā€™s gaining mass now and I plan on defoliating some fan leaves soon.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

6 weeks ago you were running your ppms at 550 and now you're at 450.

Are you finding that less is indeed mere?

Plants look great
I can add enzymes, ph down and up, to my current nutrient solution, and increase the ppms from 250 to 700 and the plants would eat it the same. Hell I prolly wouldn't even notice ppm fluctuation... That said, ppm swings is all you really need to pay attention to. The plant will tell you if it needs more water or food. The numbers we set it at are more for us to communicate with others lol.. They mean nothing to the plant.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I can add enzymes, ph down and up, to my current nutrient solution, and increase the ppms from 250 to 700 and the plants would eat it the same. Hell I prolly wouldn't even notice ppm fluctuation... That said, ppm swings is all you really need to pay attention to. The plant will tell you if it needs more water or food. The numbers we set it at are more for us to communicate with others lol.. They mean nothing to the plant.
Show us this to be true!

Latest posts

Top Bottom