3rd Grow and deciding what to pop

• Thread starter ClassV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ClassV

ClassV

Greetings Farmers!

I am about to start my 3rd grow in coco. I intend to grow and flower two plants in a 3x3 tent applying the H3ad 6/9 formula with GH nutes. My last grow was Nirvana AK-48. Pulled just over 4oz dry and was pleasantly surprised by the potency of the smoke, but I'd like to attempt something a little more interesting and tasty.

Two strains have caught my attention: C99 and Sour OG Kush. Any suggestions on breeders for these two strains. Recommendations or suggestions concerning these two, or perhaps another strain to consider, would be much appreciated!

neewb432

neewb432

Heard good things about c99. Have not grown or smoked. Look through what the farm has to offer lots of good stuff. Pick some seeds then go to that seed comps section and see what people have to say. Thats what i did. Sent for some motarebel twisted fruit v2. My current grow is all stuff i got from attitude. Was before i found the farm. Its also kinda nice to grow shit people you know have never heard of and blow their minds!

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks Neewb. I'm really interested in U.S. genetics, and there are some great breeders on this site, but my skills and setup are limited. I think I'm going with the Sour OG / "Headband"... either RP or Cali. I have read about hermie issues with both, but I have also heard about some winning plants.

ClassV

ClassV

Pulled the trigger on an order of RP Sour OG Kush ( Headband.) Gonna take my chances with the hermie action on the fems for this run. Sexing plants and cloning are still not practical options for my limited setup. But down the line I would like to open it up a bit and run regulars so that I can try Loompa and other breeders who seem less commercial and more about quality.

william76

william76

Pulled the trigger on an order of RP Sour OG Kush ( Headband.) Gonna take my chances with the hermie action on the fems for this run. Sexing plants and cloning are still not practical options for my limited setup. But down the line I would like to open it up a bit and run regulars so that I can try Loompa and other breeders who seem less commercial and more about quality.
Mosca c99 bx1 if your after that pineapple flavour,mota,s apollo is another good cindy like strain thats tasty as well,loompas yeti bx if I was looking for headband,all the best,76

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks William76. Loompa and Mosca are both at the top of my radar. If Loompa had Headband available right now, I’d have jumped on it. Things being what they are, I’ll take a chance on RP fems and work on setting up a drip system during this grow. My setup is very small, and I am only on my third grow, so lot’s to learn and lot’s to improve upon. I want to zero in on two good strains and work the shit out of em, but for this grow putting together a little automation for feeding will be the priority over genetics. If I were running Loompa on this round, my priorities would be different. I'd hand water and work on cloning. Gotta play the hand you are dealt.

I have decided to make a point of keeping an eye out for Loompa’s offerings moving forward. I like the Farm and would like to support the breeders here. I’m really intrigued by reports on Loompa’s genetics, and I like the way they represent themselves. I’m impressed by what I have learned of Mosca as well.

jitty bo

jitty bo

i just ordered and got my RP order HGK and OG18, KOSHER and SKY everything pop except the skywalker it was a dud got the new hso lemon headband kush popped also but i really wanted to get that sour kush they have maybe i will now

ClassV

ClassV

Very cool, jitty bo. I planted 4 SK seeds directly into coco and they sprouted in 3 days. Can't complain about the germ rate. They are 6 days old now and looking a little hungry.

The only negative comments I have read concerning RP Sour Kush are in regards to hermie issues. I decided to take my chances, since hermie issues seem to be a consistent refrain with a lot of breeders, and especially fem seeds.

william76

william76

Very cool, jitty bo. I planted 4 SK seeds directly into coco and they sprouted in 3 days. Can't complain about the germ rate. They are 6 days old now and looking a little hungry.

The only negative comments I have read concerning RP Sour Kush are in regards to hermie issues. I decided to take my chances, since hermie issues seem to be a consistent refrain with a lot of breeders, and especially fem seeds.
Yea,but herms aren't the norm even with fems,your better buying quality gear that doesn't herm,alot of the gear on the farm is tested by farmers,you what you pay for,from a pack of seeds even fems,you should expect no herms,good luck76

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks william76! Thanks for commenting. I started a grow diary with these. Already had one adventure with em, but I planted 4, sprouted 4, selected 2 for transplant, managed to burn em both, then topped em today. Seem pretty hearty to me! ;)

Top Bottom