3rd times the charm... hopefully

• Thread starter Clamup1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

Do you have equipment to control temps & rh? For example humidifier or dehumidifier as needed, heater if needed, temp and humidity controller, and an exhaust fan?

Clamup1

Clamup1

Do you have equipment to control temps & rh? For example humidifier or dehumidifier as needed, heater if needed, temp and humidity controller, and an exhaust fan?
I have 2 fans(plugged in), a oil filled heater(plugged in), and an exhaust fan. The exhaust fan isn't hooked up yet. I'm hoping it's quiet, I've never plugged it in.

Clamup1

Clamup1

@freezeland2 I got the rh down. Tuesday will be 14 days but i wanted to make sure the temp and rh were good before hand. I dont know if i can get the low rh any higher without a humidifier. Notnsure i want to get that involved. Let me know
Tuesday will be the girls first run of nutes. I'm using the Fox farm 3 bottle nute combo. From what I've read on here I need to stay away from the tiger bloom.
The girl:
20221203 140607
20221203 140613

freezeland2

freezeland2

@freezeland2 I got the rh down. Tuesday will be 14 days but i wanted to make sure the temp and rh were good before hand. I dont know if i can get the low rh any higher without a humidifier. Notnsure i want to get that involved. Let me know
Tuesday will be the girls first run of nutes. I'm using the Fox farm 3 bottle nute combo. From what I've read on here I need to stay away from the tiger bloom.
The girl:
View attachment 1308308View attachment 1308310
They look good. If you can get the temp to around 78 or 79ish even better. Good job on the rh. If you do bring temps up a couple degrees the rh will respond with a corresponding decrease. Temps go up and rh comes down. Temps go down and rh goes up. Anyway these parameters are important because it effects vapor pressure deficit, commonly known as vpd. He is link to a chart for vpd. The reason vpd is so important is it directly effects the plants transpiration rate. Which in turn drives nutrient uptake. It’s like a spigot for a plant….turn it up turn it down. https://vpdchart.com/#F,77,72.5,72.5,0

Clamup1

Clamup1

They look good. If you can get the temp to around 78 or 79ish even better. Good job on the rh. If you do bring temps up a couple degrees the rh will respond with a corresponding decrease. Temps go up and rh comes down. Temps go down and rh goes up. Anyway these parameters are important because it effects vapor pressure deficit, commonly known as vpd. He is link to a chart for vpd. The reason vpd is so important is it directly effects the plants transpiration rate. Which in turn drives nutrient uptake. It’s like a spigot for a plant….turn it up turn it down. https://vpdchart.com/#F,77,72.5,72.5,0
I saw the posts on vpd. It's very interesting. I'll see if I can get the temp up. Thanks

Clamup1

Clamup1

The vpd chart is cool. How important is leaf temp? I adjusted the leaf temp to the air temp. I can't check leaf temp.

Clamup1

Clamup1

Good evening farmers. The girl is 14 days old and recieved her first feeding. 1/2 gal of fox farms liquid nutes and a 1/4 tsp of Epson Salt.
VPD- 1.2
DLI- 20
She's starting to smell a little. Mmmmmm good 😁
20221206 184202

20221206 184208

420smokefairy

420smokefairy

Well, 3 days scuba diving and only got a little white bump coming out the seed case. Threw her in the dirt with a wide mouth Mason jar over her. Hopefully she comes up.
This is getting annoying 😒
are you skipping the paper towel part after scuba diving?

Clamup1

Clamup1

are you skipping the paper towel part after scuba diving?
I never put them in paper towels, just threw them in the dirt. I may of accidently skipped a step lol. They still pop so I guess I'm doing something right

freezeland2

freezeland2

I never put them in paper towels, just threw them in the dirt. I may of accidently skipped a step lol. They still pop so I guess I'm doing something right
If you don’t have one invest in a IR thermometer and measure the leaf temp to plug in to that chart tool. Leaf temps under LED are usually 4 degrees lower than ambient and possibly more cooler then 4 degrees at times. Especially after watering. Your vpd is probably closer to .8 kPa if I had to guess. Which is still good for that growth phase. It would help to bump those temps up a few degrees while maintaining that 60% rh. Plant looks to be otherwise happy. Get an IR gun, cheapest tool in your toolbox and one of the most helpful.

Clamup1

Clamup1

@freezhey hey my light is about 12" above the plant. Do i need to raise my light? Its looking squatty.

freezeland2

freezeland2

You just swipe your finger across the screen to go from DLI to ppfd or lux or kelvin

Top Bottom