3rd times the charm... hopefully

• Thread starter Clamup1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clamup1

Clamup1

Ok here I go again. I've got everything set up and ready to go.
Im growing vinilla kush in a 2x2x4 tent with the spider farmer 1000(?). I forgot which one it is lol. The soil I'm using is the promix with the microbes.
The girl is scuba diving right now, waiting for her to pop. I tried the vinilla kush once before and after 3 days I tossed the seed. I'll try putting her in the promix and wait this time. Hopefully she sprouts.
I'll post pics when she comes up.

Clamup1

Clamup1

Well, 3 days scuba diving and only got a little white bump coming out the seed case. Threw her in the dirt with a wide mouth Mason jar over her. Hopefully she comes up.
This is getting annoying 😒

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Well, 3 days scuba diving and only got a little white bump coming out the seed case. Threw her in the dirt with a wide mouth Mason jar over her. Hopefully she comes up.
This is getting annoying 😒
I let my seeds sit in spring water overnight ( up to about 18 hrs ) then I use the water they were sitting in to soak a paper towel. Then I squeeze out the excess water so its damp no liquid water, then another dampened paper towel on top in a small sealed plastic container. I put it in a warm location ( on top of my Aquarium or seedling pad ) 2 days later they're popped with 1-2" long tails ready to plant. I plant in Promix under T5 lights in solo cups and let them grow. I get almost 100% success if the seeds are viable

Clamup1

Clamup1

I've had pretty good success with but I might try your way if she doesn't come up. Thanks

Clamup1

Clamup1

I might go dark and post a diary after the fact. The diary as I grow thing isn't working lol

Clamup1

Clamup1

Admin- the grow diaries I posted before can be erased. If your bored and need something to do

Clamup1

Clamup1

Well she came up, finally. I had to change out the light to my Mars Hydro light. The Spider Farmer didn't put off enough heat. My temp/Rh is running 70F/70Rh. I'm hoping adding another fan will bring the rh down.
I'm following the DLI chart from this website https://growlightmeter.com/lighting-requirements-of-cannabis-over-the-full-grow-cycle/. (The photoperiod chart not the auto.)
I have my light turned all the way down with the light a foot away from the plant and I'm hitting 65 DLI. So far the girl looks good. I'm unsure about raising the light or leaving it alone and change the height of she starts getting burnt.
Anywho she's up and hopefully I can keep her alive.

Clamup1

Clamup1

Here's the girl
20221123 091849

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

She looks so tiny in that big pot, is that a 5gal bucket? You might find it easier to start in something smaller. I usually use root riot plugs for seeds, then put in solo cups, then one gal, and finally once i am ready into there final. I am not sure if it makes a difference to the plant, but I do know watering a tiny plant in a big pot is challenging. Off to a good start, happy growin! ✌🏻

T

Titleist

Well she came up, finally. I had to change out the light to my Mars Hydro light. The Spider Farmer didn't put off enough heat. My temp/Rh is running 70F/70Rh. I'm hoping adding another fan will bring the rh down.
I'm following the DLI chart from this website https://growlightmeter.com/lighting-requirements-of-cannabis-over-the-full-grow-cycle/. (The photoperiod chart not the auto.)
I have my light turned all the way down with the light a foot away from the plant and I'm hitting 65 DLI. So far the girl looks good. I'm unsure about raising the light or leaving it alone and change the height of she starts getting burnt.
Anywho she's up and hopefully I can keep her alive.
You're hitting a DLI of 65? If that's accurate it's waaaaaay too much light, I'd wager to say at any time during a grow CO2 or not. I looked at the chart you're using, where are you seeing a DLI of 65? If you're using photone and you've calibrated your phone and app and you're truly hitting 65 I'm not too sure your seedling will survive. Using the chart you referenced, try to keep it around 14 or 15 or so for a seedling.

Clamup1

Clamup1

@JerzeyMike -yeah I'm trying to skip the transplant problems if I have any.
@Titleist - I think im going to have to put the Spider Farmer in there. I never calibrated the photone app. Didn't know I had to.

T

Titleist

The Spider Farmer is in there and the DLI is 12. Hopefully it will stay warm enough in there.
yup.... much better DLI for a seedling/sprout like that. You're using the light to keep the tent warm? What happens when the light goes off in terms of temp drop? That 70 degrees is a bit cool for most strains. You may notice slower growth if that's your high temp for the day.

Something to keep in mind is cool and damp aren't the most favorable conditions to grow in. If you can, get a small heater and try not go below 70 at night. When the plant gets a little larger try and keep her within VPD guidelines and you'll generally get faster growth.

If you don't have an accurate meter to compare against or another known calibrated phone you can use the light's par map and change the offset so it comes closer to reality. Par maps aren't the best since they aren't always accurate but they're better than nothing.

Last edited:
T

Titleist

@JerzeyMike -yeah I'm trying to skip the transplant problems if I have any.
@Titleist - I think im going to have to put the Spider Farmer in there. I never calibrated the photone app. Didn't know I had to.
trying to skip transplant problems. The plant grows as a weed in some pretty difficult terrain around the world. Even the babied strains created by breeders still usually have decent vigor if properly done. If the plant is in good health a transplant shouldn't be any issue for you unless there's a cleanliness problem or a soil problem. Transplanting weak or diseased plants cause problems. Changing soil types can present issues if pH changes drastically and you don't account for it beforehand.

Use the same soil it's in, keep it the right temp, don't overwater which is something easy to do in that big of a pot and give it the humidity it wants while in veg and the transplant should give you a problem. These days I don't even see a blip in growth after transplant.

And what you said about changing height if she gets burned, that sprout doesn't look like it even has leaves yet. If you start to notice light burn on a tiny plant it's very possible it's already toast as there isn't enough plant material not being blasted to keep the plant alive. If the plant has two leaves and they're both burned, well there ain't much left to say. You'll be alright, just try and keep it warmer, enough light and don't overwater.

Clamup1

Clamup1

Thanks for the input. I have a small oil filled heater I can put in there. I was hoping I wouldn't have to use it but oh well.

Clamup1

Clamup1

She's not fried.
20221124 150536

It's running in the low 80's in the tent but I'm sure she's enjoying it. I'm backing the heater down to get it to 72-75F.
A nod to the pot gods

Clamup1

Clamup1

Still alive!!!
7 days old
18/6 light schedule, haven't done 1st feeding yet. Waiting for her to show me she needs fed. This is the longest I've kept a girl alive (another nod to the gods lol)
20221129 175601
20221129 175605

freezeland2

freezeland2

Start lowering the humidity. 65% at this stage is fine. By the time you get to 2 or 3 sets of leaves 60% would be target rh.

Clamup1

Clamup1

Yeah, I thought that might be high, but I was happy the temp was good. Would turning up my fans help or an exhaust fan be better?

Top Bottom