3x3 Grimm Truffles Hermaphrodite Grow

• Thread starter Rama777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rama777

Rama777

New permanent home for my grow ;))

Day 13 of flower. My ladyboys are lookin’ pretty healthy and fine! Decided I’ll let grow them out regardless since they only have 6 weeks left and I have a veg tent now (currently filled with primo hermie genetics).

Tomorrow they will get a major defoliation at 2 weeks in, then a lollipop at day 21.

3x3 grimm truffles hermaphrodite grow
Rama777

Rama777

4 plants. Yeah it’s a beautiful thing! I topped above the third node. If I ran these again, which I sure as hell will not, I would top at the second node to reduce the number of tops by a third.

After a big defoliation session, do you guys adjust down your feedings for that week or do you normally just proceed as usual?

I would say these plants are moderately responsive, medium to lite feeders.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
4 plants. Yeah it’s a beautiful thing! I topped above the third node. If I ran these again, which I sure as hell will not, I would top at the second node to reduce the number of tops by a third.

After a big defoliation session, do you guys adjust down your feedings for that week or do you normally just proceed as usual?

I would say these plants are moderately responsive, medium to lite feeders.
I use living soil 🤷‍♂️ I don't adjust anything. Water only, to me the more tops the better 😎

Rama777

Rama777

Cool. I’m doing a hybrid of living soil with organic water solubles. My intuition is to feed lighter than normal but will take suggestions from people with more experience than me ;)

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Cool. I’m doing a hybrid of living soil with organic water solubles. My intuition is to feed lighter than normal but will take suggestions from people with more experience than me ;)
Interesting, I want to move to a earth box next. Half hydro, half living soil.

Rama777

Rama777

Update for the day, day 13 of flower. Virtually no new pistil growth for two full days on all 4 plants. Looking as healthy as ever, putting all of their energy into pumping out male flowers.

Rama777

Rama777

Looks like I should chop all of them for the sake of the electric bill. Not seeing any potential even for hash..

juanderer

juanderer

That sucks. Are you going to give them another try? I'll take a shot at one of these in a month or two.

Rama777

Rama777

I don’t know, I probably shouldn’t. I do have cuttings from all of them. This is my first grow. Everyone who has grown them has nothing but good things to say about them. They are supposed to be really easy to grow. If that’s the case, I should probably try some stable genetics since I still seem to lack decent cannabis growing skills.

juanderer

juanderer

I understand but don't beat yourself up too much. I think, based on your experience, I'll run two (was thinking only doing one) and hope at least one shows stable fem behavior. I've started some regs, too, which are going to be a handful to sort once it gets to that point - I'm prepared for the outcome, whatever that is. Even if it's bad it's lessons learned.

Rama777

Rama777

I suppose I should take a few pictures to get some verification that all I’m seeing happening is male development before I go chopping them down.

juanderer

juanderer

That seems the most reasonable approach to me. It would be crazy odds that 4/4 went herm.

Rama777

Rama777

Well I’ll be a damn happy man if I’m mistaken, which I could be. I had found a 100% male flower the other day but haven’t found one since. Right now I’m just seeing the development of what I think is more. I’ll go take some shots right now..

Rama777

Rama777

Basically what I’m seeing are little balls that aren’t shaped like calyxes. There appears to be little pistils surrounding them. So I don’t know, tell me I’m wrong about this and put a smile on my face!! Male flowers or…? Are they buds that are about to become leaf fronds!!?? Are they little sacs that are going to eventually reveal a bounty of little calyxes!!?? That would be awesome news..

Rama777

Rama777

And then there were three.. These just may actually be all female! I couldn’t find any open flowers but I have confirmed some seed formation on the pre-sex flowers on at least one of the remaining plants. Likely all three but not sure. So some pollen got loose. Spray the room with water?
CE3974E5 D3A6 4180 A72C 49D0367CAEBE

Top Bottom