3x3 Grimm Truffles Hermaphrodite Grow

• Thread starter Rama777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rama777

Rama777

Almost done stretching. Still sad to lose one but this front plant is not complaining about having more space..

91E1CFA7 BDEB 4FB2 9623 4725D27756AB
Rama777

Rama777

With only 3 plants in here everything is fine. With 4, I had too many tops for my liking. I had topped them above the 3rd node so I got 6 mains. Due to height restrictions, I tied them down so that I could extend the veg period. This resulted in too many tops. Now I know I could have pruned the hell out of the leaves and maintained reasonable light penetration to the buds below the canopy height, but I don’t think heavy defoliation is going to be my style, for now..

So I figure that leaves me with two options if I had to do these plants over again.

1) top above the 2nd node instead of the third, tie them down as before but end up with roughly 1/3 less tops, all other things being the same. . Also this would leave me with fewer mains.

2) top above the 3rd node as I did before, but a week before flipping, prune down to however many tops that I feel good about running with in flower.

Under the first scenario, I would probably lose some veg time because having fewer number of tops would presumably increase the rate at which they all grow vertically. Or maybe not since the plants would be shorter anyhow from the lower topping

Under the second scenario, I would have 6 instead of 4 mains, and perhaps 3-6 days longer that I could veg. But, I would be stressing the plants out more by removing say 6-8 branches.

Any experienced insights into the different approaches? Definitely open to other options that I may not be seeing..

Top Bottom