4 Strains, 2nd Grow.

• Thread starter Irish063
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irish063

Irish063

This poor girl. she was the last one to really recover. She finally had a little growth spurt and I couldn't leave well enough alone. I went to move the tray closer to the light and her container fell over. No broken limbs or stalk so nothing major. She just can't catch a break. Some soil fell out so I couldn't get her to be closer to the middle like she was. Again nothing major. I'm sure it will bounce back in no time.

Nothing else really major to report. The girls are measuring between 6-9 inches. So they've all grown a little bit.

Planning on reporting the rest and moving to the greenhouse this weekend. Once they are all in 2 gallon pots I won't have enough room in the closet due to insufficient lighting.

Thanks for stopping by.

IMG 5484
Irish063

Irish063

try to leave more of the main shoot when you top it next time, like 3/4" or so. that could split how you have it now.

looks good.
chri.s
Thanks for tip. I haven't actually topped any of them yet. Since they all had such a rough start I was waiting till they get about 5 to 6 nodes on them or were above 6 inches tall. They 8 I transplanted this past weekend wil be getting topped Friday probably. This is the one that took the longest to recover. It's the last one that had yellowing in the beginning pictures. She's about 4 inches tall now.
It's the 2nd to last one on the left in this pic.

IMG 5417
Irish063

Irish063

try to leave more of the main shoot when you top it next time, like 3/4" or so. that could split how you have it now.

looks good.
chri.s
Hope that didn't come across dickish. I was really trying to say thanks. I haven't topped to much before.
Were you meaning if I had topped that one to only go down 3/4" from the top?

Last edited:
jipp

jipp

Hope that come across dickish. I was really trying to say thanks. I haven't topped to much before.
Were you meaning if I had topped that one to only go down 3/4" from the top?

i know text does not always come off how one would think.. you never know how the other person will interpret something etc.. leaves room for over thinking shit when its really nothing.

i can show you what i mean much easier than explain.
i let this plant stretch to much. but topped anyhow at the third node. this is the general consensus on where to top at least. or at least iv not anyone contradict that thinking yet.. im always open to change my opinion tho.
IMG 1686   Copy

chris.

Irish063

Irish063

i know text does not always come off how one would think.. you never know how the other person will interpret something etc.. leaves room for over thinking shit when its really nothing.

i can show you what i mean much easier than explain.
i let this plant stretch to much. but topped anyhow at the third node. this is the general consensus on where to top at least. or at least iv not anyone contradict that thinking yet.. im always open to change my opinion tho.
View attachment 703605
chris.
Haha. Yeah totally. I've read through lots of threads on here where that happened only for it to turn out someone wasn't implying how it was interpreted. Or definitely overthinking something.

Cool this one is just prime for topping then. I'll give her a day to calm down from the fall (I'm considering it LST, haha). Then top her.

Can't say I've read much against it. I saw in a video once or read somewhere to wait till they have about 5-6 nodes. Can't say that has any solid foundation to it esp, since I don't remember the exact source.

Irish063

Irish063

What a difference a day can make. I had intended to water last night and then finishes transplanting today but had to wait on a few. These lady's were a little too thirsty so I will finish them tomorrow. Only 4 left. All except for 5 have been topped. The Strawberry kush will be getting mainlined.

They were all watered at 200 ppm, 6.5 pH. I did not test the runnoff today. I also didn't have enough water to thoroughly water some of the two gallon pots so I will add some more tomorrow.

Moved everything into the greenhouse. It's not the prettiest setup but it will do. Since they are on an 18/6 light cycle I moved the lighting in with them. We are currently getting about 15 hours of sunlight. I will ween them down to about 16 probably so they can adjust to natural sunlight hours.

The outdoor Thermometer says we are still getting down to 32 at night so I put a space heater in with them. I will set it pretty moderate and see what my thermometer says it gets to inside the house tonight.

Thanks for stopping by.

IMG 5490
IMG 5492
IMG 5493
Irish063

Irish063

On the plus side, just about an hour after that first photo with some water and they were already perked back up.

Top Bottom