4 Strains, 2nd Grow.

• Thread starter Irish063
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irish063

Irish063

They are also starting to show signs of sex.

I was hoping to be able to tie hem down a little today but with having to get a new refrigerator yesterday it is not going to happen. Maybe sometime this week.

Well damn! Those photos didn't turn out well. I had my baby on me so it was hard to get some of the photos. I'll take some more in a bit

IMG 5556
Irish063

Irish063

Not much to report. Just took a pic today for the heck of it. I have been taking off the first two panels of the greenhouse for about 5 days now. I was running late this morning so I only got the front side that gets morning/midday sun.

The biggest ones have slowed in growth a bit. I was getting almost an inch per day last week and now it's about an inch every 2-3 days. Others are growing very well still and catching up. The tallest is 26 inches now with the others around 20-24 inches.

I'm chalking this up to a few things:
-Heat has gone up during the day. We hit mid 80's today (I'm at 7200 ft, so that's pretty hot).
-RH is in the single digits to low teens now.
-Mildly still recovering from topping recently. (Last week- I don't remember exactly. It's been a long week.)
* the biggest factor I think is they are a little root bound even though they do not have roots poking out of the bottom of the 2 gallon pots.
Up potting this weekend.

Thanks for stopping by

IMG 5564
IMG 5565
Irish063

Irish063

Does anyone have thoughts on what this might be? I noticed it the other day on two or three of them.
Not sure if it's just stress. A lot of the plants have slowed in growth since I 'topped' them or accidentally femmes them. Maybe stress from taking the extra lighting out?
Rounded leaves on new growth plus the single round leaf underneath

Thanks for the help.

IMG 5568
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Fim damage looks like, have you checked the spotted leaves undersides with a pocket scope for mites and eggs?

Irish063

Irish063

Fim damage looks like, have you checked the spotted leaves undersides with a pocket scope for mites and eggs?
Thanks. That's refreshing!
Yes I have. Didn't see anything. Hopefully, transplanting them this afternoon so I will check again though.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Thanks. That's refreshing!
Yes I have. Didn't see anything. Hopefully, transplanting them this afternoon so I will check again though.
The first thing you see with spider mites is the little pearl colored eggs attached to the bottom of the leaves.

Irish063

Irish063

The first thing you see with spider mites is the little pearl colored eggs attached to the bottom of the leaves.
Thanks. I was worried when I noticed those spots you saw because that was what I first noticed last season on my plants when I had the spider mite problem.
Hopefully, there will be nothing on this check as well

Madvillian

Madvillian

I fucking hate spider mites. Had em a couple times in the passed when doing outdoors, have yet to encounter that issue inside though

Irish063

Irish063

The girls got reported yesterday. Took longer than I thought it would.

Before I get into the what-nots of everything, I found one of these in two different plants at the very bottom. They look like giant ants and are about 1/2 long. The pic doesn't do it justice but it was hard to get one since they move so damn fast. I didn't notice any tunnels burrowed. They were at the very bottom.
2nd picture is zoomed in.
Any thoughts?

IMG 5594
IMG 5595
Last edited:
Irish063

Irish063

8 of them (2 of each strain) are in 10 gallon smart pots and the rest are in 5 gallons.

I'm reusing my soil from last year. My thoughts for this were I used a ton of nutes last year and none of the plants had roots to the bottom or sides of the smart pots so I figure there are a lot of unused nutrients in the soil. Also money was a big factor. I thought I was going to have some extra cash but I didn't.

The soil was not light enough last year and really packed down so I added a lot of perlite and some peat. I also added some FFOF, but I only had 2 bags to work in.

I didn't get to finish tying all the beaches out like I wanted to. Probably won't get to do the rest until the up coming weekend.

IMG 5597
IMG 5598
IMG 5599
IMG 5601
Last edited:
Irish063

Irish063

Well, as I was afraid might happen the old soil was/is super hot and they have a good amount of nute burn going on. This is going on in several plants.

Live and learn

So I flushed them tonight. Hopefully, it won't take them to long to bounce back.

IMG 5611
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
The girls got reported yesterday. Took longer than I thought it would.

Before I get into the what-nots of everything, I found one of these in two different plants at the very bottom. They look like giant ants and are about 1/2 long. The pic doesn't do it justice but it was hard to get one since they move so damn fast. I didn't notice any tunnels burrowed. They were at the very bottom.
2nd picture is zoomed in.
Any thoughts?
Thats a carpenter ant, they will carry aphids to your plant and drop them off so they can come back later and harvest the aphids poo to eat. Id check for aphids and smear a little tree sticky or vaseline around my stalks to catch the creepers.

Irish063

Irish063

Thats a carpenter ant, they will carry aphids to your plant and drop them off so they can come back later and harvest the aphids poo to eat. Id check for aphids and smear a little tree sticky or vaseline around my stalks to catch the creepers.
Well that kind of sucks. Those little fuckers. Glad I caught it now.

Thanks, I haven't had a chance to do any research over the last two days. I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I did not mark the pots they came from.

I was thinking of ordering some lady bugs or some other predatory critter to help out. Thanks for the tip on vaseline.

Irish063

Irish063

He flush the other night seemed to really help slow down the burn. Flushed again tonight as the pots were getting kind of light. The strawberry lush seemed to have the worst of it. I will wait to water them again until they are dry and then put them back into a regular watering schedule.

The tallest two are 28 and 29 inches right now. Shortest is 19.

IMG 5630
IMG 5631
Irish063

Irish063

Damn, didn't realize so much time had gone by since the last update. Not a whole lot has changed. I have been super busy.

I've still been trying to manage the soil being to hot so they have been getting just well water. They seem to be snapping out of it and they are growing a little faster now.

I tested the soil pH last weekend I believe or the weekend before and it was 7.0. I was not able to test the run off. Nothing to balance and catch the run off of the 5!gal pots.

Here's a few pics from last weekend, well two weekends ago I guess. I'll put up some new ones in the next couple days.

IMG 5639
IMG 5644
IMG 5646
Irish063

Irish063

I've started leaving the tops off the greenhouse at night the last few nights. I think the girls really like it. They are getting their first rain shower today. Not a big one like I was hoping for but enough that it will do them some good.

IMG 5700
Irish063

Irish063

This is just a quick photo of the tallest plant And the rest of them. Funny thing is, his is one of the blueberry's, which is suppose to be indica dominant. However, I'm thinking its showing more of a sativa pheno expression. It's secondary branches are not near as long as the rest of them.
We didn't get much rain yesterday at all like we were suppose to so they are a little thirsty. They got watered this evening after this pic.

IMG 5703
IMG 5704
IMG 5705
Top Bottom