4 weeks into flower, one plant looks not ok

• Thread starter Kl420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kl420

Kl420

Hey guys, check out this plant, it's been flowering for 4 weeks now, few days ago it looked like it's burning or something. Is it a nute problem?

4 weeks into flower one plant looks not ok
josefrahl

josefrahl

Nobody knows. You didn't list what nutes you're using, feed schedule, lights, how close they are, watering schedule, medium used.....

Last edited:
NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Definitely need more info. From what I can see, you most likely have a nute issue. Looks like nitrogen toxicity and potassium deficiency. Are you running "grow" nutes? Also looks like there could be some light stress/burning. How close are your lights? What are your watering practices?

Kl420

Kl420

Ok here the information.

It's growing in soil with a compost mix.
Haven't added extra nutes since day one because the soil seemed to be pretty good.
Watering them every 4th day when the soil get pretty Dry.
The lights are around 16 inches from the top but it's in between an area illuminated by 2 lights. There are other plants which are closer but doing well.
Temps vary between 25 to 30 celcius degrees and humidity between 55% to 75%
Also one issue it might have is it didn't get enough wind when young so the main bark is pretty thin still.

Kl420

Kl420

is this plant closest to a fan?
how often are you watering?
are you watering enough?
Thanks for the answer, yes lights can be an issue for sure because this is like in between like a light hot-spot where 2 lights are intersecting, if that makes sense. I'll move it a bit away and see how it progresses. Also recently added a table fan so maybe that also affected it. Thanks for clearing it out. I'll make the changes

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks for the answer, yes lights can be an issue for sure because this is like in between like a light hot-spot where 2 lights are intersecting, if that makes sense. I'll move it a bit away and see how it progresses. Also recently added a table fan so maybe that also affected it. Thanks for clearing it out. I'll make the changes
keep us posted every couple days with pics but it’ll basically take new growth to see what’s happening..

Kl420

Kl420

keep us posted every couple days with pics but it’ll basically take new growth to see what’s happening..
Here's some new photos of the same plant. Looks pretty much the same, but I feel the whole plant looks a bit lighter green than normal plants
20220324 204218
20220324 204227
20220324 204242

Kl420

Kl420

Now it looks worse than before. Kept it away from the light but still it's deteriorating
20220402 072118
20220402 072111

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
what are you growing them in pot or bag and how big?

Kl420

Kl420

what are you growing them in pot or bag and how big?
Yes it's growing in fabric bags. Around 4 gallon size. Some other plants are also showing some early signs like shiny leaves and curling down a bit. The most damaged one in the picture has leaves feeling like plastic almost

J

Jaydee86

Are you not giving any nutrients?
You need a half strength feed at least.
Measure your run off, aim for around ph of 6 and ppm of around 750.
Fan blowing directly on the plant could also be an issue.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yes it's growing in fabric bags. Around 4 gallon size. Some other plants are also showing some early signs like shiny leaves and curling down a bit. The most damaged one in the picture has leaves feeling like plastic almost
ok, possibly rootbound so it can’t feed itself properly., plus other issues will occur from not uptaking all the nutes it needs hence starting other issues..
maybe an insect/pest problem..

Moshmen

Moshmen

Def uptake problem! With rereading the thread it’s looks like a watering/feeding issue - over/ underwatered will cause those shiny droopy curled leaves and too much food will lock to whole plant , it won’t won’t be able to use the nutes ur giving . What medium ya using and how often you watering feeding ? Meanwhile I’ll read

Moshmen

Moshmen

Def uptake problem! With rereading the thread it’s looks like a watering/feeding issue - over/ underwatered will cause those shiny droopy curled leaves and too much food will lock to whole plant , it won’t won’t be able to use the nutes ur giving . What medium ya using and how often you watering feeding ? Meanwhile I’ll read
Quick read - lol I’m guessing your soil is the issue just my opinion - would really like to know what’s In it? Chances are not enuff drainage and to much nitro, also I would believe u are watering to often , not giving the soil a chance to dry and your roots a chance to breathe , they are drowning. Course this is all my opinion

Kl420

Kl420

Yeah it's possible been a water problem also. I have been watering every four days, one litre each. The soil looks pretty dry by then usually also. You guys think it's ok to cut the fabric pit and dig from a the side for some observation? Then I will be able to share more information about the soil status as today is my water day so we can see if its dry enough

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yeah it's possible been a water problem also. I have been watering every four days, one litre each. The soil looks pretty dry by then usually also. You guys think it's ok to cut the fabric pit and dig from a the side for some observation?
Just lifting should be able to tell if it’s ready for watering . Should feel light almost too light - just cuz the top is dry doesn’t mean the root zone has dried out

I personally would not dig from th Ed side you will damage roots - but it could be done

Kl420

Kl420

Just lifting should be able to tell if it’s ready for watering . Should feel light almost too light - just cuz the top is dry doesn’t mean the root zone has dried out

I personally would not dig from th Ed side you will damage roots - but it could be done
Hey guys I opened one pot to see the roots. Looks pretty OK and the soil is now dry.
Does it seem alright to water with nutes for this? Or let it dry more? Another plant has started to show similar symptoms so getting little scared now
20220403 074727

Top Bottom