400 watt auto berry closet grow

• Thread starter bstilwell1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skaphetti

Skaphetti

ebay 72.99 no shipping or tax. cant remember the brand. 8' cord and 216w 6500k. my veggies love that shit. clones too (on half power)
oh and he ran 1 local "mystery pearl" smelled so bad/good. made me almost gag in the early morning but i loved that. vegged it for like 60 days or something. a think he had a 15 or 20 gallon container with promix bx and a bunch of composts he made and fed it teas...i think.

Skaphetti

Skaphetti

here's a picture he had a photonerd take of it. there are lots more from that shoot too. this was at harvest right before hacking it up to hang cave style (sort of)

MG 0618
bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

That looks good.. I can't wait to move and get more babies started. Ive been laggin on the updates cuz ive been so busy at work. I def had some bar nute burn but ive been flushing so we'll see Wut happens but bugs are super frosty and it reales does smell so good. Ill put up some pics soon

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Gonna Try gettin some pics up tonight. Were gettin close..

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Personally I would never buy grow gear from e-bay, I have seen so much cheap Chinese made garbage on there and I would assume that anything on there is just that. Although I have seen people grab good gear on there as well, I would just recommend if you are buying from e-bay look for products made by reputable companies you can actually contact. The T-5 units go for about $150 or so from hydroponics retailers.

You have said you are moving, so, silly question, but are those babies in the picture going to move with you? Are you not afraid they will be damaged or killed?

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Ya I have 4 new strains im gonna Try out. Ive moved plants before but right now im trying to find out if u can Stay in This house. Its my girls' moms place but she doesnt live here so was planning on selling but got.the morgage dropped so now im trying to stay here and make the payments. It.would.be.so.much nicer staying here cuz I can have a full room for plants. Im.crossing.my fingers its only 600 a month now which is nothing for the privacy of a house. My babies are skywalker og, Berry bomb, blueberry, and AK x northern lights.

Skaphetti

Skaphetti

SICK strains to work with. skywalker seems awesome. can get great smoke and weight there. hope you get to stay in that house too man. sounds great. would die to have my own home.
and hey smoking gun: i got a "cheap" 4 foot 4 bulb t5 that's keeping up perfectly with my friends hydrofarm. not all gear needs to be top notch. got my fans there to and they are working perfectly as well for 1/4 the retail price from any regular store. just gotta know what is made FOR cheap and what IS cheap, i say. but there's always more security in name brands that stand the test of time. i'm only applying this information for people that don't have the budget to go all out on brand name stuff like myself. i also shop at thift stores and wear nicer clothes than most of the people i know. lol!

Skaphetti

Skaphetti

oh hey bstilwell1988, what was your goal in choppin the fan leaves down like that? just trying to shed light on the lower buds? or cutting off tips and dead pieces so they dont take up needed energy that could go to healthy parts?

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Ya i cut them because the tips were so burned they were Brown and any touch would crumble. And ya i grew skywalker before along with diablo Og and deadhead Og. The skywalker was a pheno that took on growing traits from the sativa side. It stretched alot and had thin leaves. I didnt have as much knowledge back then so i thought for sure it was some other strainso I decided not to Clone that plant. After harvest the was definitly skywalker. I was so pissed I hadnt cloned cuz skywalker is one of.my favorite strains. This time i will definitly Clone lol

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

SICK strains to work with. skywalker seems awesome. can get great smoke and weight there. hope you get to stay in that house too man. sounds great. would die to have my own home.
and hey smoking gun: i got a "cheap" 4 foot 4 bulb t5 that's keeping up perfectly with my friends hydrofarm. not all gear needs to be top notch. got my fans there to and they are working perfectly as well for 1/4 the retail price from any regular store. just gotta know what is made FOR cheap and what IS cheap, i say. but there's always more security in name brands that stand the test of time. i'm only applying this information for people that don't have the budget to go all out on brand name stuff like myself. i also shop at thift stores and wear nicer clothes than most of the people i know. lol!

As I said before I have seen plenty of people have success with products from e-bay. However more often than not I have seen junky products come from e-bay. I am glad you were able to find good gear on e-bay, but I would consider you the exception to the rule. Another serious advantage to buying name brand products is the technical support available. When purchasing a no-name product on e-bay should something go wrong, should you have a product question, or just general horticultural questions you cannot usually contact a no-name brand, whereas you can easily call a well known company and get the answers to your questions. Parts are also an issue; often the cheap Chinese made products have components that are not compatible with brand name gear, or equipment manufactured by American or European companies. If a part fails it is not as simple as replacing a single part, but replacing a whole unit.
It is still quite possible to purchase equipment inexpensively and get brand name gear. People do sell gear on e-bay that they either never used, used only a bit, or bought in bulk to sell and can be purchased for less money than a traditional hydroponic store. Another option would be to inquire about used gear at your local hydro store. So it is not impossible to have quality, brand name gear and stay on a budget. I live by the motto "you get what you pay for" and it has served me well.

Stilwell, I hope you are able to stay in the house you are in now too. I have moved plants as well, I just do not like to do it. While on the surface it may seem as though the plants come through the move fine, I still worry about stress from the move effecting the health of my plants, especially babies like that. The babies are very fragile and the slightest slip may kill the plant. There are also stressors we do not often account for when moving plants. Simple things like change in barometric pressure, gravity, or air quality may be the difference in optimal plant health and a sub-par plant. These are not things we often take into account because they do not dramatically effect you or I. However our plants experience these environmental differently than we do and can have a greater effect on the plants then they would on people. Personally, if I know I am moving I finish up what I have going on and then start fresh in my new location. Again this is just me, I have moved plants with no problems, I have known plenty of people who have moved plants with no problems, I just prefer to take no chances; I have seen a simple move stress plants to the point of killing them also. Whether you are able to stay where you are or have to move I hope all goes well for you. I would really like to see what those babies will produce.

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

I get u Smoking gun. I would rather not move them but if I had to I would. and it wouldnt be far. We'll see how things work out. I am excited for This next grow

Skaphetti

Skaphetti

smoking gun:who said my gear was from china cause it was cheap? ive called all the companies (US based) that i got gear from to just ask questions i already knew. tech support test basically. but i agree with the you get what you paid for method and its good to keep all colors in the line like yourself. maximize your security. and thanks for callling me an exception. kinda feels nice for some reason...

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Alright so I'm chopping in about a week and half give or take I've been flushing and will continue. I'll post pics soon

D

Darren1994

She looks healthy i think you might get a nice liltle bit of smoke of her

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Thanks darren new grow in the works right.now I will be starting a thread real soon

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

So final dry and trimmed weight was 24 grams. Ya its still less than an ounce. But I surpassed certain people on here. So I'm happy. And its good smoke and tastes and smells good. Considering the almost no cure. But I also do things differently than most do after harvest

Silleness

Silleness

Ya i know i wish I would have just bought the 1000 instead of the 600 but ultimately I just want good Bud so ill have to see Wut I can Oxford. How much do those 4 foot 4 bulb t5s go for?

You can get them off Amazon for under $100...

Latest posts

Top Bottom