4000 wattt og raskal and calli connection grow!!

• Thread starter oglovinlife18
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oglovinlife18

ok i got a question befor i set up my flower room is 4000 WATTS TO MUCH I MEAN FOR THE ELECTRIC COMPANY OR POLICE I AM NOT SO MUCH WORRIED ABOUT SMELL CUZ I AM PRETTY SURE I HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL I HAVE THREE CARBON FILTERS I JUST HAVE TO MAKE SURE ABOUT THE NEGATIVE PRESSURE BUT THATS IS NEXT QUESTION IF THE 4000 IS OK IN A HOME...

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
4k is small time pay your bill on time you will be good.

O

oglovinlife18

Lol ok kool that just made my day everybody grown on ill try and get some pics up soon

M

Malachi

Yea, the electric company is in the business of selling electric. As long as you pay your bills on time, you won't have any problems with them. In fact I have a friend that works for the power company and he said sometimes DEA agents that suspect a grow op will ask for power records, but the power company doesn't give them up without a warrant. They are very good at protecting their customers privacy. I take an extra step though and run my lights during the night, from 7PM to 7AM. That way when the meter reader comes around the meter doesn't look like its spinning like a CD.

O

oglovinlife18

Good points thanx guys what about a generator or is it not worth it do generators cost alot to run

M

Malachi

No to the generator, will cost you an arm and a leg in diesel fuel, not to mention the pollution. You will be all set brah, don't sweat it. I know of growers who have 10K in lights rolling and they walk tall without looking over there shoulder.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Definetly gonna see a major increase in your bill,more like 300 min.,run your lights like Malachi said and pay your bills on time and all should be well

C

CAPO

Aussie-
I don't know what you're being charged for electricity, but $260 for 2k sounds high. Are you running an AC with that setup?
I would highly suggest you run all 4 1K's using a 240v lighting controller on 1 circuit.

Also, if you are running a square pattern and not a linear pattern.You could substitute a couple of 1K's for a couple of 600's and rotate the plants.

I wouldn't worry about LEO as in the bigger scope that type of increase could be validated easily(unless you're in a little apt.). Pay all your bills on time.

BTW "Where is Waldo?" LOL Haven't heard that in years.

O

oglovinlife18

What is this 240 light cpntroler u talk about does it have to be hard wired or can I plug in cuz I am on the top floor the panel is in the basement

p3s7

p3s7

I was in a similar position as you about 5 months ago.

I had an electrician set up 240v outlets for me on a dedicated panel. I now run (5) 1000W, (2) 600w, 2 ton split air A/C, and all the necessary, pumps, timers, fans, co2. I'm paying $550 a month for my bill. For me I have my lights running during the day to avoid IR choppers and on the day that my meter reader comes I only run (1) 1000w to avoid speculation.

-p3

P

PureSugar

I used to run a computer rendering/server farm in an apartment and my electric bill was over $800+/mo. I kept thinking that any day the cops were gonna bust in expecting to find a nice grow, but nobody ever showed up. I was using every socket in the house and then some! Can't believe I didn't burn the place down. The biggest issue I had was that my girlfriend couldn't use her hair dryer without taking out everything else on that breaker.

C

CAPO

I use my dryer connect for the 240v tap. Some stoves run 240v also. If none of these suit, you need an electrician friend to determine if you have room to install a new circuit in the panel or to install a sub-panel for the circuit.

S

Sway

check out the CAP 4 light controller. its way cheaper and works great. u hook up one 240 circuit into the box and can run 4 lights off one timer. they also make a 8 light controller

C

CAPO

No, No. Think of 240v as two legs of power and 120v like one leg. NEVER try to wire a 240v aplliance 120v or vice versa.
Go buy a basic wiring book or get one on line. Get acquainted with the basics it can be fun and certainly helpful.

If your lamp uses let's say 9.4 amps at 120v then at 240v it would be 4.7 amps. Which is why you can run 4 1k's off a 30 amp 240v circuit. Usually 240v circuit would typically be a double pole breaker at 30, 40, or 50 amps. These are made to run high amperage appliances such as AC, dryer, stove, or even a hot tub.

If you don't have access to an existing 240v plug you may have to just work with the existing 120v outlets. As a rule of thumb I like to have one 15 amp breaker per 1k light. This leaves some room for a fan or two or three. Stay under 80% of the available amperage to be copacetic.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
At 10.5 cents a kw hour 4k would be 42 cents an hour to run. 12 hours a day would be $5 a day and $150 bucks a month. Thats what I pay around my area for electric.

M

mrdizzle

do you guys outta cali in other states like in NY or where ever have baselines? I just droped $2350 last month for 8000w, 1000wveg, 550w veg, two 1/4 hp chillers,

I dont know how a $400 dollar a month bill for running 4000ws would even be noticable, I feel like $400 dollar bills are a normal house but I could be trippin

Top Bottom