42 Plants 1x1000 Watt Light:)

• Thread starter DesiretheFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

Im pushing my tent to the limit!

42 Plants, currently in Veg under a 1000w Mh conversion bulb. I will be switching to HPS during flower, and will be adding 4 exhale co2 bags. Also, I am using H&Gs full line of nutrients.

I Have had great success On previous rounds with about 25 to 30 plants in these tents. I believe i can do more plants and maximize my yield to about 4 Lbs per 1000w, but well see:)

My Second tent has about 15 larger plants all in different stages of budding. Once these plants are finished, i will be setting up this tent with 42 plants like the other one.

Watering is intense, im gonna have to set up automatic watering here soon, which would help out alot!

Super grow 002
Super grow 005
Super grow 008
Supergrow007
Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

hey dude,
well u have my attention that's for sure. :character0029:

what size are the tents you are using & what size pots are you using to flower in.
how tall were those 25-30 plants when you went 12/12 & what height did they finish at?

you gotta love coco and what it allows those plants to do. what brand you using btw?

let the show begin bro. i'll pull up a lounge chair if u don't mind cause i'm always tired these days lol.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

hey dude,
well u have my attention that's for sure. :character0029:

what size are the tents you are using & what size pots are you using to flower in.
how tall were those 25-30 plants when you went 12/12 & what height did they finish at?

you gotta love coco and what it allows those plants to do. what brand you using btw?

let the show begin bro. i'll pull up a lounge chair if u don't mind cause i'm always tired these days lol.

Hello!

These tents are 6x6x6, And i always use 3 gal root pots to flower in.

Coco is the shit! I was using all Gh coco tec until my whole town ran out, so than i bought a couple bags of Nutrifield coco to finish off the rest.

The 25-30 plants i had were medium sized and topped. Id say about 2.5-3 feet tall, and a couple different strains. I ended up pulling about 2 Lbs a light with only base nutrients.

This packed tent is full of Dinafem White Widow(which has the strongest smell ever) and doesn't stretch much during flower. It also stays very dense and compact, and does not get wide like some of my other strains.

With max co2 a new bulb and this full H&G line, I truly believe that i can pull 2+ oz off all of these WWs but well see:) If you do the math thats alot of weed!:rollj:

Im pullin up a chair too! Im pretty excited to see whats gonna happen!

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

it's hard to fit more than 2 lbs in a tent. that's just factoring in how much space a lb takes up in a canopy and assuming you have rock hard buds taking up every square inch of light. 2 ounces per square foot is about the limit as far as i know.

i don't want you to end up with half the yield you expect and think you suck. if you pull 2 lbs a tent, you're killin it. flip early or it's gonna get crowded in there. and don't be shy about taking plants out to make room. what strains are you running?

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

it's hard to fit more than 2 lbs in a tent. that's just factoring in how much space a lb takes up in a canopy and assuming you have rock hard buds taking up every square inch of light. 2 ounces per square foot is about the limit as far as i know.

i don't want you to end up with half the yield you expect and think you suck. if you pull 2 lbs a tent, you're killin it. flip early or it's gonna get crowded in there. and don't be shy about taking plants out to make room. what strains are you running?

Its going to get very crowded! But I've grown these White Widows before and they get alot of weed and dont take up much space. Ive had super packed tents before and have had great results in these tents.

My strains are WW, Critical +, Cloud 9, and pineapple express.

Any other stain packed full would not work. If you saw how the WW grew it really does not take up much room and yields a ton. Maybe your right. But hey, its worth a shot?

Im pretty confident tho that im gunna pull yields that are pretty darn huge, cause Ive already done it before in these tents, using less co2 and only base nutrients

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

Lets say i took 2 plants out, thats 40 plants(which i know for a fact this tent can handle) and only pulled 1.5 oz a plant(Which i know i can get) thats 40X1.5. Thats 3.75 Lbs per light Which i know i can pull. I truly believe there is a possibility that i can get more than this.

S

Snow Crash

A horizontal 1000w, in a 6x6, with 3 gallon planters, and 42 plants...

Time will tell...

Personally, I think a pair of vertical 600's, a coliseum style tent setup, 36 to 40 1 gallon planters, CO2 system, dialed environment, short veg period after cloning, and a auto-drip with runoff management system could probably get you the weights you're looking for in that space.

I'm sure you'll be fine though. You seem to know what you're doing well enough. Hope it goes as planned!

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

yeah my knowledge is mostly limited to kushes and blues so disregard my spacing advice. i've grown a few ww hybrids that yielded like bastards and dreamed about filling a tent with them. but i'm a slave to my faves.

i was assuming it was a 4 x 4 tent. i hadn't refreshed the page and saw where you said it was 6 x 6. yeah 36 sq ft is a bit more than 16 sq ft, so your plant count makes more sense. but a footprint that size off a 1000 will be less than 30 watts a sq ft on average. the edges will get much less than that. indicas need at least 40 and sats want 60 plus watts per sq ft in order to thrive and really through out good A nug. your plants in the center will do fine, but you will have to raise your hood to cover your large footprint and that will cut the lumens hitting your best plants in half. a smaller footprint could be a lot more intense. smaller canopy, but tighter buds maybe?

i never calculate my yield anymore going in. just calculate how healthy you want your plants to be. i haven't fully weighed a harvest in a year, mostly out of lazy/business, but also because that's never how i judge a harvest. then again i live in so cal where if it aint fire nobody gives a damn.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

A horizontal 1000w, in a 6x6, with 3 gallon planters, and 42 plants...

Time will tell...

Personally, I think a pair of vertical 600's, a coliseum style tent setup, 36 to 40 1 gallon planters, CO2 system, dialed environment, short veg period after cloning, and a auto-drip with runoff management system could probably get you the weights you're looking for in that space.

I'm sure you'll be fine though. You seem to know what you're doing well enough. Hope it goes as planned!

Yes time will tell.......

I read one of Texas Kids posts where( I believe ) he pulled 3.5 Lbs on a flood and drain under one 600w and something like a 3x3 tent packed full of 1 gal pots, Using H&Gs full line!

Now thats awesome! I hope i can have similar results.

I feel if i was using 1 gal pots i could stuff these tents with 50+ plants, but i'm not trying to go over 99 plants.

I do need to set up automatic watering here soon, because watering these plants takes a lot of time.

Hey maybe im trippin, we'll see!

S

Snow Crash

Yes time will tell.......

I read one of Texas Kids posts where( I believe ) he pulled 3.5 Lbs on a flood and drain under one 600w and something like a 3x3 tent packed full of 1 gal pots, Using H&Gs full line!

Now thats awesome! I hope i can have similar results.

I feel if i was using 1 gal pots i could stuff these tents with 50+ plants, but i'm not trying to go over 99 plants.

I do need to set up automatic watering here soon, because watering these plants takes a lot of time.

Hey maybe im trippin, we'll see!

That was my deterrent. I was basically going to do the same thing, only in a 5x5 with 1000w, and as I was watering all those clones I just couldn't fathom having to do that twice a day deep into flowering on all of them... And I was only going to run 24. Managing the runoff alone, without a tray, would take hours out of my week.

It was either setting up an untested auto-drip system... or flip out some Mother's I don't want to keep anyway and run 6 plants instead. I'm lazy, and it's summer time...

I'm wishing you luck in your en devour. I'll be sticking along for the ride.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

That was my deterrent. I was basically going to do the same thing, only in a 5x5 with 1000w, and as I was watering all those clones I just couldn't fathom having to do that twice a day deep into flowering on all of them... And I was only going to run 24. Managing the runoff alone, without a tray, would take hours out of my week.

It was either setting up an untested auto-drip system... or flip out some Mother's I don't want to keep anyway and run 6 plants instead. I'm lazy, and it's summer time...

I'm wishing you luck in your en devour. I'll be sticking along for the ride.

Hey thanks man!

Ya I have to figure something out for watering, or i have a lot of work ahead of me!! but thats ok, i'm determined enough to do it!

P

Plinkerton

Use this type of stuff.

It's easy to work with, no tools required, and easy to give each pot it's own emitter. It's fairly cheap as well.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

Use this type of stuff.

It's easy to work with, no tools required, and easy to give each pot it's own emitter. It's fairly cheap as well.

Hey thanks for the link!

Ya that looks like it would work quite well!

Do you know what pump size i should have for for my plant amount? I have a 256 gph but am not sure if that is enough pumpage?

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

yeah my knowledge is mostly limited to kushes and blues so disregard my spacing advice. i've grown a few ww hybrids that yielded like bastards and dreamed about filling a tent with them. but i'm a slave to my faves.

i was assuming it was a 4 x 4 tent. i hadn't refreshed the page and saw where you said it was 6 x 6. yeah 36 sq ft is a bit more than 16 sq ft, so your plant count makes more sense. but a footprint that size off a 1000 will be less than 30 watts a sq ft on average. the edges will get much less than that. indicas need at least 40 and sats want 60 plus watts per sq ft in order to thrive and really through out good A nug. your plants in the center will do fine, but you will have to raise your hood to cover your large footprint and that will cut the lumens hitting your best plants in half. a smaller footprint could be a lot more intense. smaller canopy, but tighter buds maybe?

i never calculate my yield anymore going in. just calculate how healthy you want your plants to be. i haven't fully weighed a harvest in a year, mostly out of lazy/business, but also because that's never how i judge a harvest. then again i live in so cal where if it aint fire nobody gives a damn.

I read through and missed your post....my bad...

Ya i dont really weigh my harvests too much anymore, i just want to find out what yields could be possible!

Ive gotten to know these tents pretty well and have packed them full with bushy larger topped plants, even the plants on the out side corner get fat colas with huge bottom branch nugs! Ill have to show you an example.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

This pics under the clones is a Mh light in the bottom corner, with the light all the way at the top

The bud pic is a Hps, and is the farthest plant aginst the wall.

I believe in a tent like this with a 1000w any plant count could get you rock hard buds, where ever the plant is in the tent. I seriously dont see a difference in yield between the plants closer to the light than the ones firther away. Thats how good the tent traps light compared to not using one. Its like having side lighting.

Supergrow2002
Supergrow2001
Supergrow2006
freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
im in on this one

am in the planning and trial and error stage of how many to grow in my flower room so im along for the ride bro( nice set up by the way desire)run it have fun with it and everybody grow everywhere

:harvest:

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

Hey dude,
1st. i trust what you say u have already done. the right strain with cooc makes a huge diffrence as you already have proven to yourself. 1,000 dived by 36 = 27.7 watts.

even though u have done great so far, i'd put 2,000 watts of air cooled light min per 6 x 6 tent and set back smiling. that would allow you to vary plant numbers and the size of the pots to no more then 2 gal. containers max.

remember coco plants don't need big pots, you can grow a 6' plant in a 3 gal. coco pot. wanting to pull 2 oz per pot in coco allows you to easily use a 2 gallon pot; so upping wattage per sq.foot would assure your target yield imho.

and you are already on target weith basic nutes for coco too, it don't need extra shit cause the medium allows you the better yields with the proper strain.

i plan to run nutrifield brand myself, so would like to know what you think of it. it's already buffered too so that works well to eliminate ph issues/nute problems assocaited with coco.

are you using the nutrifield straight. i plan to use the mega bricks since they are very cost effective @ $10

you know what they say the proof is in the pudding. i think your pudding recipie just fine and will only get better imho.

K

kushhh

my 2 cents.

honestly ill watch along as i also have 40 plants that im gonna run in a pre fabricated closet and a closet =) i got 4 racks ( 10 plants ) a pop under 400 w t8's @ 6500k started out dwc switched to coco @ week 3 im pretty sure you could hit 3.75 based off the fact most of the shops i grew for in socal hit 3-7 depending on the strain running 50 plants a tray under 2 lights if you do it under one goddam my boy thats one for the record books but truthfully alot of the "laws" defining yield i find are bullshit... reason being is..... i got a 10 lighter.. air cooled running @ 72 degrees all day juiced with 1,000 ppm and with the a true master kush strain the yeild has fluctuated from 4-7-14-5 pounds... with everything done right yeah you tell me about it so now im runnig 40 plants under 1 1,000w until i get the 2nd one from my shop shit...8D now i dont gotta worry about stupid fucking tenders and other people fucking up my grows i used to drop 13 every 2 months now that shit feels fucking impossible @ wrk but here thats a whole nother story

A

A6 Grower

@Hopefull stoner I agree with you on your info, but with his situation, ( I know, roommates, my tent is next to his lol ) This strain, tent and setup has been producing VERY nice yields in a small area and we've always had them topped(EXCEPT a test one that looks very nice and looks to be atleast a 1.5 oz and it still has a couple weeks to go). They dont spread out though, you have to spread the two or three tops away from each other because this plant trys to stay so contained.

For the watts issue, yes 2k would be the MAX amount of light you could fit in this tent and it would ROCK!! BUT thats not exactly what his mission is. Its to get as much possible with his current one lamp setup as it is the most efficient and keeps those elec bills below 500/month. He has two tents, 2k is ALOT cheaper then 4K.

Pot size, if he went 2 gal pots, which would be plenty of coco you are right on that one, i have a couple 6-7 footers in 5 gals and they've got a half soil half coco mix,BUT he would have to water EVERY day maybe even more, with the 3 gals we get 2-3 days with much bigger plants so i think medium plants will get about the same right around every 3 days.

And i think the H&G nutes will help a little with yield and over all performance of the strain i think she can make much bigger nugs.

I like the nutriefield coco but i would say if you dont mind making the brick shit, theres isn't much difference once you washed the brick and got it all ready, its just those extra steps but it does save quite a bit of $.

Either way his tent is going to have a nice amount of dank im also waiting to see what this does for end result and everything. Time will only tell, hopefully all goes well

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

yeah no doubt you know your tent and what you've done with it before. take your 3 way meter outside and play around with it. if you put it in complete shade on a sunny day, it will measure the same light intensity that you have on the edge of your tent. so think of all those plants getting a half-level reading as being in the shade. that is where you increase your yield, by getting them out of the shade. the light reflected definitely helps, but it travels so far to get there, it is just a week reflection of light that has already diminished.

but i see you are trying to avoid increasing your wattage, my situation as well. i've seen LED's that actually work in the past year, but the cost is still a bitch. might buy a small one to throw in the corner of my tent. but something tells me i'm a sucker if i do.

Top Bottom