44k medical project with Top Dawg, Alien, & OGR

• Thread starter mello
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mello

mello

Got a Growlite OG, Luxor, and Magnum Ocho today for testing. Used a parmeter. Measure the value at 11 spots in a 4x4 square.

Growlite did the worst. Very high par values (1910) right below the bulb but extremely low on the perimeters(125-200). I suppose they'd be good if you were gonna be stacking them right up next to each other but we're hoping to cover approx. 4x4 with each hood. The 11 spots together added up to 4,794.

Luxor did very well. Again, very high values (1800) immediately below the bulb, but still decent numbers on the perimeter (200-300). All 11 added up to 5,585.

The Magnum had the most even spread. Only 1025 in the center, but perimeter values were closer to 400. The total value came out to 4,990, but again all the numbers were far more evenly distributed.

Shop dude fucked up and didn't get the AdjustAwing so I didn't get to test that but I'm leaning towards the ol' Magnum's.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Got a Growlite OG, Luxor, and Magnum Ocho today for testing. Used a parmeter. Measure the value at 11 spots in a 4x4 square.

Growlite did the worst. Very high par values (1910) right below the bulb but extremely low on the perimeters(125-200). I suppose they'd be good if you were gonna be stacking them right up next to each other but we're hoping to cover approx. 4x4 with each hood. The 11 spots together added up to 4,794.

Luxor did very well. Again, very high values (1800) immediately below the bulb, but still decent numbers on the perimeter (200-300). All 11 added up to 5,585.

The Magnum had the most even spread. Only 1025 in the center, but perimeter values were closer to 400. The total value came out to 4,990, but again all the numbers were far more evenly distributed.

Shop dude fucked up and didn't get the AdjustAwing so I didn't get to test that but I'm leaning towards the ol' Magnum's.

Adjustawings all the way hommie they are epic !!!

bobby

bobby

If you're going so far as to test all those out....why not test the Adjust A Wing? Just tell him to get you one...there are like 4000 in stock at the sunlight supply warehouse...i just checked.

evu80

evu80

i had my OG reflectors since March and I finally got around to setting them up on saturday. Boy was I disappointed with the coverage. even with each hood evenly spaced apart of 4 feet from the center of each bulb, the actually spread or footprint seemed to be 2by2 at the most. It created a spot light effect on the canopy directly beneath the bulb.

hope you try out the large AAW soon. I dont want to be stuck with a ton of over hyped reflectors as I almost did with the OG lite

Eternal Student

Eternal Student

listen to bobby...the adjustawings are the shite...just switched from blockbusters and theres a def advantage in all aspects...take his tips on paint too...these are sealed rooms correct...u want a semi gloss mold resistant...i had a 10k light room go to shit cuz the drywall got molded(inside)...they have moisture control drywall as well..thats what i use now on my room...anyways...killer operation...very professional and very thoughtful...u are about to really enjoy life at a new level...lol...

ethnoman

ethnoman

Spectacular space you have your hands on Mello. Look forward to seeing it finished and full of fat bushes.

bobby

bobby

What type of AC unit are you running? That doesn't look like a split system....or is it?

mello

mello

listen to bobby...the adjustawings are the shite...just switched from blockbusters and theres a def advantage in all aspects...take his tips on paint too...these are sealed rooms correct...u want a semi gloss mold resistant...i had a 10k light room go to shit cuz the drywall got molded(inside)...they have moisture control drywall as well..thats what i use now on my room...anyways...killer operation...very professional and very thoughtful...u are about to really enjoy life at a new level...lol...

Yes, def got the mold resistant semi gloss. Painters came over the weekend and sprayed everything down. Haven't been by since but I should be able to post some updated pics in a couple/few days.

What type of AC unit are you running? That doesn't look like a split system....or is it?

Not a split, they are Carrier 5 ton rooftop units. Had to make roof penetrations as the supply duct comes straight down to the grill that you see in the photo. The diffuser should be installed this week.

+1 for AAW's.

So I got a large AA Wing. Fuck that thing is large. Light distribution is incredibly even on those. Almost even all around all the spots in my 4x4 testing area. However, the reflectivity was less than the Magnum. By about 10%. Plus, they seem a bit overpriced for what you get. A bit flimsy. Mine came bent already out of the box. The Magnum's seem stronger. And less likely to be flappin around in the wind that the AC will be blowing down on em. So I thinks we going Magnum's. Gonna put in the gear order tomorrow.

Bout half way done with electric. Gotta do some plumbing. Gas lines for CO2. Punch another hole in the roof to exhaust the dry room. And then start building tables and setting up the fun stuff in the rooms. Clones are looking healthy, outgrowing their keg cups, should be ready to blast off in the next couple weeks. We're getting stooooked.

I'll do my best to keep you all posted. Love all the suggestions and tips you guys are sharing. Much love for that.

bobby

bobby

Mello - Does your rooftop AC exhaust the odor and Co2 into the atomosphere? I thought those packaged rooftop units were bad for growing. Do they keep the odors and co2 inside the rooms?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

All is progressing smoothly now.
Finished framing and insulating.
Power upgrade is complete, city should be by in the next 48 hours to connect us.
Then we paint and get started on electrical. I wonder if there's a particular type of paint we should use on the walls. Any painters in the house?
Gonna do a reflector test this week. I had my shop order a Growlite OG and a Luxor. We'll be testing those two, plus a Magnum to see which one wins.
I saw the Growlite OG in person and it looks poorly made (in China). The weather stripping was peeling, the glass was a pain in the fucking ass to remove and reinstall, and their were jagged edges all over it.
The Luxor looks really nice. But holy shit it's a beast. The box is laughably big. You could fit a smart car in there. No joke.
All the tester girls are progressing nicely. Bout 3 weeks in. The FPOG and Kraken look and smell great.
No pictures are lame, I know. I just wanted to drop a couple lines here cause I don't wanna leave folk hanging. I'll try to snap a couple asap to post up. Anyone know of an iPhone app that'll allow me to take flicks in the room without them getting washed out in the HID light?

Peace all.

Have you considered using the Raptor or Grostar parabolic reflector? I've personally seen 2+ a light with both. I used to be hot on the MAGNUM XXXLs but for quality and size the Raptor kills it - may be less expensive too.

mello

mello

Mello - Does your rooftop AC exhaust the odor and Co2 into the atomosphere? I thought those packaged rooftop units were bad for growing. Do they keep the odors and co2 inside the rooms?

Bobby, this particular unit does not exhaust the interior air/co2, so we will still maintain the closed system.

mello

mello

Have you considered using the Raptor or Grostar parabolic reflector? I've personally seen 2+ a light with both. I used to be hot on the MAGNUM XXXLs but for quality and size the Raptor kills it - may be less expensive too.

Ya, raptors looked solid but not necessarily better than the magnums. And my shop has the magnums in stock but not the raptors so... Haven't seen the grostar buy I'm done with hood testing for now, time for me to move on. Been pullin 2+ with magnums so that's good enough for me. Honestly I was really wishing the aawings or Luxor/growlite og's outperformed em but they didn't in my test.

Btw, aliens kraken and fpog are fucking killing it.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Mello, desiding between the magnum and AAW seems wierd since one is air cooled and one is not, Should make a huge difference in you room set up between ducting and size of AC your going to need. Im setting something as a consultant and up and pretty much set on no air cooled lights, Dont want to run ducting, cut holes, clean glass, buy extra fans, ect. Im %80 going with AAW wings but have looked at some of the large parabolic hoods that can run the bulb hort or vert. Have you looked at any of those? Did your test on the AAW put out less light even with the glass at the same distance? Seems people think there brighter after switching from air cooled hoods. I might have to get one just to throw up next to a magnum. I have alot of magnums and they do rock. Maybe the non air cooled block busters would be a option.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

WOW!! This is a mega grow setup.. Killer spot ur building.. Ur gunna love them Alien strains.. This is a great log good luck with this super mega grow show..

green punk

green punk

Use Awings. Don't even mess with ducting and that BS. If your gonna have top of the line everything don't regress with reflectors. My .02. Looks like its gonna be a killer show, thanks for sharing this.

deacon1503

deacon1503

what's the weight of the magnums? that's a lot of hot aluminum. just sayin.

mello

mello

No air cooling. No glass. No ducting. F all that S. Just AC.
Greenleaf, I'm on my phone but once I sit down I'll check your link.
Fuck, I was seriously gonna go to my shop to place my order this afternoon. Now you guys are making me 2nd guess these Magnums..........

Top Bottom