44k medical project with Top Dawg, Alien, & OGR

• Thread starter mello
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mello

mello

what's the weight of the magnums? that's a lot of hot aluminum. just sayin.

Is you suggesting the heat generated by 1000 watts in a non air cooled magnum will be greater than the same bulb in an a-wing?

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
WOW!! This is a mega grow setup.. Killer spot ur building.. Ur gunna love them Alien strains.. This is a great log good luck with this super mega grow show..
You gotta throw crash helmet in there.purely medicinal!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Get on that one Goo.I had a branch break off and I chiefed a little this morning.45 day uncured helmet ripped my head,arms and legs off.lol
Nice.. I will sure get me a pack.. Thanks 4 the heads up on how kill it is.. I'm running Lemon Alien Dawg (from seed) & Fruity Pebble OG (Aliens Cut) & damn there both killer yielders.. I haven't tryed the LAD yet but the FPOG is straight up super dank..

evu80

evu80

Yes, def got the mold resistant semi gloss. Painters came over the weekend and sprayed everything down. Haven't been by since but I should be able to post some updated pics in a couple/few days.

Not a split, they are Carrier 5 ton rooftop units. Had to make roof penetrations as the supply duct comes straight down to the grill that you see in the photo. The diffuser should be installed this week.

So I got a large AA Wing. Fuck that thing is large. Light distribution is incredibly even on those. Almost even all around all the spots in my 4x4 testing area. However, the reflectivity was less than the Magnum. By about 10%. Plus, they seem a bit overpriced for what you get. A bit flimsy. Mine came bent already out of the box. The Magnum's seem stronger. And less likely to be flappin around in the wind that the AC will be blowing down on em. So I thinks we going Magnum's. Gonna put in the gear order tomorrow.

Bout half way done with electric. Gotta do some plumbing. Gas lines for CO2. Punch another hole in the roof to exhaust the dry room. And then start building tables and setting up the fun stuff in the rooms. Clones are looking healthy, outgrowing their keg cups, should be ready to blast off in the next couple weeks. We're getting stooooked.

I'll do my best to keep you all posted. Love all the suggestions and tips you guys are sharing. Much love for that.

speaking of the AAW, is it just me or those are incredibly a fcking pain in the ass to assemble. I pretty much bent the shit out of the hindges where they were attached together during packing and had a difficult time aligning the slots together to push in cause they were off by a few centimeters . Also did you get the spreader with it?

deacon1503

deacon1503

Is you suggesting the heat generated by 1000 watts in a non air cooled magnum will be greater than the same bulb in an a-wing?

A magnum, even without the glass, just flat out has way more mass than the AAW, it's like a big heat sink in the room. The AAW simply doesn't have the amount of material that the magnum has.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I sold my Magnums....they are big pain in the ass heat sinks. I switched to barebulb and or a-wings and haven't looked back.

Eternal Student

Eternal Student

This is all true...ive run blockbusters without any ducting in the winter and they generate hella heat...with my a-wings they run much cooler...i think this is cuz the heat can spread and dissipate more easily cuz nothings locking it in(remember heat rises and the hoods hold it down)...id run wings or verts...or both...haha..

all this considering you gotta have bomb a/c's

mello

mello

A magnum, even without the glass, just flat out has way more mass than the AAW, it's like a big heat sink in the room. The AAW simply doesn't have the amount of material that the magnum has.
I sold my Magnums....they are big pain in the ass heat sinks. I switched to barebulb and or a-wings and haven't looked back.
This is all true...ive run blockbusters without any ducting in the winter and they generate hella heat...with my a-wings they run much cooler...i think this is cuz the heat can spread and dissipate more easily cuz nothings locking it in(remember heat rises and the hoods hold it down)...id run wings or verts...or both...haha..

all this considering you gotta have bomb a/c's

Wooooooord. Fellas, you may have just converted me. Obviously, the heat generated by the same 1000W bulb will be the same. However, I can see how the Magnum would kinda lock it in whereas the AAWing would allow it to dissipate more easily. Hrrrmmmmm....

Thanks dudes. Def leaning AAWing now. Medium right? I tried out the large and it was claiming it was meant for a 7.6"x6" space....
And what about these Super Spreader attachments? You guys recommending them?

mello

mello

Btw we'll have 4"x12" tables with 3-4000 watts. So each 1000watts will have 3"x4" or 4"x4" to cover.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Wooooooord. Fellas, you may have just converted me. Obviously, the heat generated by the same 1000W bulb will be the same. However, I can see how the Magnum would kinda lock it in whereas the AAWing would allow it to dissipate more easily. Hrrrmmmmm....

Thanks dudes. Def leaning AAWing now. Medium right? I tried out the large and it was claiming it was meant for a 7.6"x6" space....
And what about these Super Spreader attachments? You guys recommending them?

with a 1k bulb u need the large one. don't bother with the spreader.

Eternal Student

Eternal Student

you could run 4 with regular wings or three large ( 4 will give you more intensity and much more density but not TOO much more on yield cuz your using the same amount of space..ive tried that, running 2k where it should be one and the yield aint much better just density) ...i prefer running the large with an overlap(this gives an even coverage for my setup)...i run my rooms shoulder to shoulder standing room only tho..lol...either way youll be happier with the a wings and if your runnin buckets in one of the rooms id def go vert...if just tends to work out better for that app...

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I've run Magnums and AAW's and I'd have to say I prefer the Magnums. I can keep my environment under more control with air cooled hoods in my particular room.

Spreaders are garbage IMO. You're just paying money to get less lumens....uhhhh no thanks!

D

Eternal Student

Eternal Student

I've run Magnums and AAW's and I'd have to say I prefer the Magnums. I can keep my environment under more control with air cooled hoods in my particular room.

Spreaders are garbage IMO. You're just paying money to get less lumens....uhhhh no thanks!

D

Yep...its easier to control the environment with properly ventilated hoods, but thats why i qualified everything i said with " you gotta have dope a/c's" to do this...just my opinion...mello seems to have taken care of the a/c side of things too...the a wings WILL get u better numbers all things else being equal...everyone can say theyve done this or that with either but side by side id say a wings win all day..again my opinion

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
wow. this will be one epic room.

can you detail some warehouse space specifics for me please?

Is it owned by you?
With that build out I imagine you permitted all the work, correct? How did you describe your business to the city?
How do you plan on dealing with fire inspections?

Sorry, but I have been looking at a warehouse space myself and these are just the immediate questions that make me hesitant.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Only get large aaw's, I tested the spread on the mediums, and it performed poorly. Even with a 250 Watt bulb, I still only use the large aaw's. Don't worry about the flapping around, this happens with mine, and it conveniently eliminates hot spots. Thanks so much for sharing. Oh, and yeah, if you want, you can totally make it air cooled, though you will lose a bit of width in the light coverage. Here's mine with a cool tube attached to a large AAW with a 600 watt hps with a socket extender. Allows me to put the AAW about 10" from the canopy, which makes the 10% lumen loss with the glass worth it.

DSC 3265
Top Bottom