450kw large medi grow....chicken barn

• Thread starter Barnboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barnboy

Hi guys, been out of the game for 3 years, been browsing the site for 6 months.
In process of setting up a legal grow in Canada... designated grower with 296 plant.... 2 licences.

Second floor of a 39x377ft chicken barn.

The barn will be split up into 3 equal rooms... Veg(125x39)... 2. Flower(125x39 each)

I am upgrading power(obviously) to accommodate 450 1000w ballasts.

Electrician will be on board....what do u recommend for power for a system of this size? Please be specific. I will not be using a/c but might for next summer.
What requirements or specifics do I need in regards to power?

Also, what is best reason to say I need all this power so that I don't run a security risk with hydro employees?

Input appreciated..... Thanks

G

ganjherbsmoke

unless you run a business that uses lots of power
there arent many other reasons youd need that much power besides growing
but your legal so your fine right?

and your talking quite a bit
a little over 4k amps if you run them at 120
if you do 240 you can roughly cut that in half

lights take up about 9 or so amps run at 120 nice fans and other small things usually only take up a few
so from there you should be able to figure out how much your gonna be pulling with everything full tilt

convex

convex

If you have electricians on board, they should be able to assess your needs and advise accordingly.

I have never heard of such a high plant count, especially for only two licenses,

450 1k lights at an arbitrary 0.10 KW/hr x 12 hr bloom day is $540 per day ... hope you have some deep pockets.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Maybe he plans to only grow for 70 day's. 10 day veg, 60 day flower. Wait for the first bill a month or so later of $16,500 and keep getting shut off notices and finally the 5 day shut off.
He can then call and ask for a extension to pay his $16 grand bill. Then he might plan to cut out of there right at harvest. He might get lucky and miss the electric co shutting them off.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

something tells me this HAS to be a power typo! Even the government would not grow with that much light. Would also like to know how your going to run all that with no a/c. You would be; sorry to say, RETARDED to not use 220. And pulling all that power is going to be generating a LOT of fun attention when your drawing off the grid more power then any industrial, commercial store, or ANY building. Just some thoughts.. would LOVE to see it done. Good luck, you must be a millionaire cause you will need to be one to afford the power and the equipment.

B

blackcat

this is one of those, "if you have to ask" situations isn't it?

B

Barnboy

75 plants per room(2 rooms@75 for flowering)

2licences...146plants per license

Each flower room has "potential" for 125 lights....1000watters....and also a big veg room

After talking to lawyer he recommended to Just tell hydro it's a med grow. Maybe I jumped the gun with the post but my concern was hiding the grow from hydro employees....potential thieves. I've been robbed before...

I used to grow illegally. Now I'm on the other side of fence. So yes, I'm paranoid about security and others knowing.

My lawyer will be contacting local police department before set up is done to make sure all is on up and up.

I'm not concerned about hydro bills, I understand that you guys think that bills will be absurd but I understand this.

I want major light intensity.

I was just

U guys don't get 30gram a day licences?

I'm just not sure whether I should go single phase... 3phase.... Or what? I don't want to make a crucial error in the initial phase.

Also, this isn't a what if situation. This is happening. Set up starts April 1st, I'm hoping to have plants in by may 1st. Also, I would never run at 120... That would be "retarded". Lol

B

Barnboy

Also, like I said, It is power required for "potential" 450kw. I have 140 light crude system with everything from a-z to set up. My associate was busted with 140light system and we have been sitting on all that for 3years. I would set up 125 lights in first room and use this for first time veg and finish the flowering there. I'm probably leaning towards having the two flowering rooms on flip 12hrs so that I'm only using 125kw to power two rooms for a total of 250kw of flowering.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

H

Herban Legend

Also, like I said, It is power required for "potential" 450kw. I have 140 light crude system with everything from a-z to set up. My associate was busted with 140light system and we have been sitting on all that for 3years. I would set up 125 lights in first room and use this for first time veg and finish the flowering there. I'm probably leaning towards having the two flowering rooms on flip 12hrs so that I'm only using 125kw to power two rooms for a total of 250kw of flowering.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Stick to raising chickens, sounds like your over your head.

B

Bobby Smith

Biggest one i know of is 360k
2 story container grow. 20 containers 18 lights each. But those all run fully computerized, full automation. And even that was built out over a 3 yr period.

I just creamed my pants..........any pics available of Stephen Hawking's grow room? :harvest:

B

Barnboy

Pessimistic bunch.
I easily ran a 120 light system with one helper.

Now I have a 3 man crew along with myself for maintenance/labour.

Automated drip system.

So on 75 plants, running vertical with 6' trees...

I was planning to running vertical lights with the checkerboard lighting(prob improper term...correct me if I'm wrong)...each plant surrounded by 4lights hanging...this equals out to 96 lights hanging vertically around 75 plants. And maybe some horizontal for the canopy. Is that really overkill???
I'm open to recommendations, I've seen others using This system of vertical lighting one plant surrounded by 4 lights....am I off on this? Please advise

4-5 foot centers, airpots, drippers, etc...

Brotha with the comment about stick to raising chicken? If your not capable of running larger systems efficiently, what can I say....that's u, not me. We all have different capabilities in life.

I be cutting clones once a month, trimming once a month, transplanting once a month....no biggie.

Maintenance is a breeze with proper help and automation.

Not sure why everyone thinks this is a pipedream or that I'm being unrealistic. Once set up properly, it's a well oiled machine if properly organized

S

sfzoo

I think the main issue is that with an opperation this size basic questions about lighting, electrical, plant count, etc..should have been squared away long ago.

sounds like your still unsure of a few important variables.

B

Bobby Smith

450,000 watts sounds about right to me to serve two patients.

waayne

waayne

I dunno Bobby,takes about 450,000 watts just for my headies ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom