• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobby Smith

"If you ain't running a million watts than you just ain't doin' it."

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

ummm yeah, you may want to invest in a nuclear reactor to power all those lights. I think Russia sells em pretty cheap.

B

Barnboy

I'm not going to argue with dg's on this board who point fingers and yell "greed" when some if not most of your senior farmers are putting just as an example 12kw over every 18 plants. I can go on and on of multiple examples of this.... Most of these dg's pulling 2lbs per light...How is this much different then mine. What are their licenses call for? Looks like they are experiencing overflow also.
Anyhow, my overflow doesn't land on the streets, it goes to a few different dispensaries.

So back to the subject, it's two rooms, 125kw per room potential, but realistically 90kw per room with 75plants per room if I do the vertical grow with each plant surrounded by a light on all sides which I have seen done by multiple growers on this site with great success.

Question is: would having a horizontal light overhead each plant also for the canopy be overkill and unnecessary? Or will this give much noticeable yield gains considering we will be having vertical lighting all around the plant

B

blackcat

This is Canada, not California. Large medical grows are technically legal or in a grey area according to the federal police services; having said that informing them of your activities based on your lawyers advice may not be the smartest decision. I suggest you and your partners really rethink this venture and figure out what you are trying to accomplish.

I can't prove that I'm not talking out of my ass but I'm involved in the MMAR program as a DG and have a PPL. I have associates that deal with large multiple hundred kilowatt grows. It isn't as simple as pasting your license on the wall and inviting the cops in. Health Canada is acting like an oversight agency with the assistance of the RCMP.

420Gator

420Gator

I'm not going to argue with dg's on this board who point fingers and yell "greed" when some if not most of your senior farmers are putting just as an example 12kw over every 18 plants. I can go on and on of multiple examples of this.... Most of these dg's pulling 2lbs per light...How is this much different then mine. What are their licenses call for? Looks like they are experiencing overflow also.
Anyhow, my overflow doesn't land on the streets, it goes to a few different dispensaries.

So back to the subject, it's two rooms, 125kw per room potential, but realistically 90kw per room with 75plants per room if I do the vertical grow with each plant surrounded by a light on all sides which I have seen done by multiple growers on this site with great success.

Question is: would having a horizontal light overhead each plant also for the canopy be overkill and unnecessary? Or will this give much noticeable yield gains considering we will be having vertical lighting all around the plant

my last room was the same specs youve described. well a little bigger actually

the plants did great. good luck bro

B

blackcat

If you are serious about this and depending on where you are located in Canada I can forward the information of a consultant who deals exclusively with setting up and coordinating medical grows, a few at least as large as what you are planning.

B

Bobby Smith

Mixing horizontal and vertical lighting (in theory, have never done it) just seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

I know Jack is doing it with this grow, but.............for horizontal lighting to be effective, you need to really manage your canopy; same deal with vertical lighting, they need to be trained through cages, etc., to keep an even vertical "canopy" surrounding the bulb.

To try to keep two even canopies on two different spatial planes seems like a fool's errand when dealing with hundreds of large plants.

Would it help your yield? Yes.

Would it be worth it? IMO, no.

And bro, I for one don't care how much weed anybody grows or how much money anybody makes from growing weed - I was just having a laugh at the amount of watts, which is pretty inconceivable for someone like me in a non-med state - hell, I see guys running 20K watts and think "holy shit".

There's lots of 30K+ setups on here with vertical lighting; just take their ideas and "upsize" them to fit your needs.

Lol..........by my calculation you're gonna need (@5K BTU per light to be safe) ~2.5MM BTUs of AC.............LOL!!!

That's 2,500,000 BTUs...........lol, that number is staggering to me.

B

blackcat

also I cant see how you plan to run this without A/C wether it is vented or not. You need an HVAC guy.

B

Barnboy

420 gator.... Did u do vertical? Is putting horizontal over plants that already have vertical considered overkill with diminishing returns?

B

blackcat

btw ive got a couple 3phase 10 ton a/c's for sale if you are interested

convex

convex

1000 watt lamp @ 220V pulls just under 5A.
450 x 5A = 2250 amps before adding any peripherals

I would imagine you will need an engineered system developed for you.
Be prepared to shell out for poles, transmission lines and transformers in addition to system.

B

Barnboy

Like I mentioned the initial set up will be a crude set up using the big ventilation system from the chicken barn...it exchanges air pretty quickly. How quickly? I will know in a few weeks. So I will downsize lighting and crop considerably during summer but will after the summer just run it 8 strong month a year when weather is cool here in Canada.

420Gator

420Gator

420 gator.... Did u do vertical? Is putting horizontal over plants that already have vertical considered overkill with diminishing returns?

put up the pics of that 120kw grow and ill let u know

id really like to see a grow like this and hope u arent BSing it does seem a little wierd tho someone thinking of running 4.5* mega watts of light would ask how to wire it or what style of growing to use

just multiply the 120 light grow u did x 4 and there u go. case closed

B

Barnboy

Because of power requirements I think we will run the two flower rooms with potential of 150kw on flip flop... So we need proper power for 150kw Flower set up plus a proper size veg room ....so under 250kw...

Papa

Papa

Supporter
i'm just goin' sit on the sidelines and wait for the pics, 'cause if there's no pics, . . . .

B

Barnboy

Ok, all doubters, I'm not that computer savvy and this is the first forum board I have ever communicated on. I will figure out the way to post pics and guarantee they be up within a few days.

The hundred and twenty light system was 2 60light flower rooms and a ten light veg room. Grown in promix, 10plants per light, growing critical mass for mass production.
Co2 was used, no a/c. Averaging 1.74pounds per light. This was not a legal grow, over 1600plants.

Not sure what kind of shit talkers u got on this forum, but that in not what I am. Lol, so u guys need proof eh....

420Gator

420Gator

Ok, all doubters, I'm not that computer savvy and this is the first forum board I have ever communicated on. I will figure out the way to post pics and guarantee they be up within a few days.

The hundred and twenty light system was 2 60light flower rooms and a ten light veg room. Grown in promix, 10plants per light, growing critical mass for mass production.
Co2 was used, no a/c. Averaging 1.74pounds per light. This was not a legal grow, over 1600plants.

Not sure what kind of shit talkers u got on this forum, but that in not what I am. Lol, so u guys need proof eh....

hopefully youre real man, its just u asking us this is like bill gates asking us how to make a micro chip

not many ppl here grow anywhere near that. or atleast theyre not posting about it

B

Barnboy

Reason I'm asking when I have done bigger systems is because I used to groW one way with more plants and now I'm growing less plants, bigger plants... No experience, other than what I'm seeing u guys doing on this board..

B

Barnboy

Also, please advise because I have no experience with airpots...

What size air pots if I'm planning a one month veg with co2 and trying to finish plants 5-6feet tall and about 4ft around with proper training with 10week flowering. I know bigger pots are always better for root mass but what will is sufficient for airpots to do the proPer job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom