5 foot dreams

• Thread starter 420Gator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Gator

420Gator

Well, thats what Im aiming for but dont know when to flip, Theyre a little over a foot now growing at about an inch a day. I have 24 in 5 gallon buckets vegging right under 2 1k HPSs 24/7. Im thinking of making the switch at about 2 feet....not really sure tho

Photo 7
Dynamite

Dynamite

I grow trEEZ ,and my trees love sum sleep 20/4 ,mo betta growth..way mo betta

what strain is it ?

How many 1k's you plan on blooming with ?

E

easytimer

I would transition them to 18/6 at least a week before you go to 12/12. I think it stresses the plants a bit less than going straight to 12/12, though some would probably disagree with me. Depending on your space, you want to utilize as many bud sites as possible. I would finish vegging after it looks like you have utilized your grow area. Taller isn't necessarily better in terms of yield.

420Gator

420Gator

4 lights and im pleased with how fast theyre growin plus 24 reduces strech (so ive heard) anyway how tall you think theyd get if i flipped at 2 feet? blue dreams

Dynamite

Dynamite

that strain more then doubles when flipped 12/12..

so many depending factors ,but 2ft sounds like a sweet number to me!

good luck

you'll get some exspurt advice,just hang tight..give the thread a little time

but I think you already answered your own question ..

dont believe everything you read

T5's work the best for building plant structure ,not 24/7 light

learn for yourself ,have fun ..I vegged 24/7 in the past ,we all gotta learn ..best of growing to ya

420Gator

420Gator

im sure t5s are more cost efficient but im in a major hurry right now so idgaf ill pay the electric bill. plus i heard the stronger the light the less stretch. thanks for the input tho D i really preciate u

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

I've run 24 hrs for years, and i dont see enough differance to change at all, and ive tried all the time combos. Most of you know how big my ladies get. If you want to get as much out of those as you can, get the 5 foot tall thought out, and go fr the surface area. Since you've got those in garbage pales, the roots are really gonna expand everywhere, they may be deeper that wipe, but they stil are quite wide. More powerfull light doesnt necessarily me less stretch, actually t5s are amazing for that, and even better are high output cfls. I have rooms filled with each type of lighting so I can see the effects side by side daily. If your plants are healthy and your at a good distance from your light, they'll grow fine in that lighting. But, as for surface area, begin pinching your plants now, so litterally pinch the stem of the top/highest branches(higher than the canopy), just squeeze it enough for it to comress, dont mash it, but you do want it to pop kind of and flatten out a bit, then just bend it down a little bit and walk away, dont worry about it hanging, it will be straight again in 24 hours, you wont lose the top you bent, and it will force growth from the bottom branches. Its like topping, but you still get to keep you main top/whatever else you need to manipulate. I pinch about 1-3 inches from the top, depending on how far down it has to come, bu tdont really go any further than that, they can handle it, but they wont turn back quite the way you want them to. This will give you better yield, and things will be easier to work on, but for the love of god stake em up if you do it like this man, or you'll have branches hitting the floor real fast, especially with that girl, just she bangs out the baseball bat buds. Keep pinching for the first 2 weeks of flower, maybe a little longer, if you flower at 2 feet, you'll be able to finish at about 4 feet or less(long as you do things right of course), and each plant will be like 3 feet wide(whatever it is, yu know what i mean)

I will say on the lighting, many find 1000 for veg a bit strong, and you can get light stress quite easily if they get too close, so thats another good pinch reason I guess.

420Gator

420Gator

thanks for all the tips BB, so basically im aiming for a little over four feet wide now. 10x10 room = 100 sq ft, divided by 24 plants equals just over 4 feet wide to cover everything (hope this is the right way of thinking). also already started lollipopping cuz im almost thru flowering my very first grow and dont like the lower half of the BDs. so should i stick with this, switch to your "toppping" method, or a combination of both?

K

koolace

Great thread fellas! I go with 18 hours veg myself and find the results are great for me before i go to 12/12..

420Gator

420Gator

anyone else experienced with this strain in soil? i wanna pull 6 Ps off theses 4 HPSs, i think thats right under .7g/watt. Is this an unreasonable expectation?

P

paulycali

Excellent with the 24/7 veg cycle. Works wonders. Veg your plants till 3/4 of your canopy covers the floor space " take a view from above your garden and when you can only see a little floor below your plants are ready for flowering

S

Seed Buyer

I just started working w/ the Blue Dream so I will be keeping a watch on this thread. Good luck.

420Gator

420Gator

Thanks SB, you should check out my grow log its more up to date, the link is in my sig

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Remember, 420, that the taller you allow the canopy to become the more popcorn you may generate if you don't control that canopy well.
im sure t5s are more cost efficient but im in a major hurry right now so idgaf ill pay the electric bill. plus i heard the stronger the light the less stretch. thanks for the input tho D i really preciate u
Not so much light duration as light quality is what can promote stretching. Bluer light reduces the stretch, and that kind of light is found more easily using T-fluoros (all bi-pins, doesn't have to be T8). So drop in a set of MH bulbs (I'd go for up around 4500K-5000K, maybe as high as 6500K, which is very blue) for that blue push if you don't want to try the CFL or T8 combo Big Buddy is talking to you about. Sure, they use less power but if you're in SoCal then you're likely in SoCalEdison country and they're fuckers right up there with PG&Evil and SDG&Evil.

G

Gro

thanks for all the tips BB, so basically im aiming for a little over four feet wide now. 10x10 room = 100 sq ft, divided by 24 plants equals just over 4 feet wide to cover everything (hope this is the right way of thinking). also already started lollipopping cuz im almost thru flowering my very first grow and dont like the lower half of the BDs. so should i stick with this, switch to your "toppping" method, or a combination of both?

first off what kind of genetic are you running,makes a dif.

also 100sf divided by 24 is 4 square feet per plant,2 x 2.and that does not account for people room.a 10 x10 room can handle 4 of the monsters you want.:icon_cookie:

Top Bottom