5 gallon smart pots vs 7 gallon

• Thread starter Hondaguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Natural

Natural

i wash mine at the laundromat...really
that's so fukn sketch..lol. Last time I did laundry at a laundrymat a cop was in there questioning somebody about sumthin. haha..and I know my smarties stink to high heaven.
Thought def crossed my mind though.
Not sure how the Rootmaker 5gal Hard plastic does in a drier climate but for me it helps cause they dry out rapidly in a moist climate...
Just gonna prob have to water them more in a dry climate but they are my current favs lol
They aren't cheap though and be careful dumping dirt out of them, if your gonna hit them like a djembe or bongo you can break/crack them. Due to using a lot of recycled plastic in the design I was told...

Ya..I'm thinking of goin for it when I get back from vacay..gonna get 36 of them..where I am 5 gallon smart pots are maybe a $1 or less than these.

urban1026835

urban1026835

Just would rather clog up their industrial washers with roots and such instead of my own.

I put them in a mesh laundry bag and toss em in on hot with plain water though I am thinking of dumping a little h202 in next time.

seaslug

seaslug

I've got a batch of smart pots soaking in a bucket of "pondzyme with barley"; I'm not sure how well this is going to work.

I like Smartpots for indoor Tropf Blumat 100% coco systems. I used 3Gal last grow so I could play with the "Blumat Digital Tensio" probes I had on hand (they didn't seem that useful). I'm going back to using one gallons for this grow. There is a big jump in volume between the 2Gal Smartpots and the 3Gal, it seems to me.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I wouldnt go over 2g pots in coco with 12 plants per 1kw. Im running 2g smart pots with 9 plants per light right now. You could get by feeding one heavy feed a day but ive noticed more vigorous growth when fed 3 light feeds a day on a drip.

burn4me

burn4me

I wouldnt go over 2g pots in coco with 12 plants per 1kw. Im running 2g smart pots with 9 plants per light right now. You could get by feeding one heavy feed a day but ive noticed more vigorous growth when fed 3 light feeds a day on a drip.
on those 3 light feeds a day what would you say is ppms? and about how much per each time? danks in advance

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

on those 3 light feeds a day what would you say is ppms? and about how much per each time? danks in advance

Depends, my ppms rarely go over 1250 in peak flower with frequent feeds. I also set my timer so the 3 feeds moisten the pots with little to no run off, but every other day the first feed of the day feeds substantially more so I get 20 percent run off and flushes out salts and whatnot. For a 6 light run with 54 2g pots i run through a 100g reservoir every 3 days in full flower.

Mad Mike

Mad Mike

12 pots to hand water a pain? tight conditions? try 100 pots to water everyday and give them all a half turn in a stadium. use that time to get to know each girl and make sure no issues creep up. best wishes.

solid advice

Top Bottom