5 STATES TELL FEDS BACK OFF

• Thread starter onisdad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
onisdad

onisdad

Over the last two decades, 16 states and the District of Columbia have chosen to depart from federal policy and chart their own course on the issue of medical marijuana, as states are entitled to do under our federalist system of government. These states have rejected the fallacy long promoted by the federal government -- that marijuana has absolutely no accepted medical use and that seriously ill people must choose between ignoring their doctors' medical advice or risking arrest and prosecution.

Our state medical marijuana programs should be implemented and move forward. Our work, and the will of our voters, should see the light of day.
We call on the federal government not to interfere with our ability to control and regulate how medical marijuana is grown and distributed. Let us seek clarity rather than chaos. Don’t force patients underground, to fuel the illegal drug market.
Please respect our state laws.
Assemblymember Tom Ammiano (D-CA)
Senator Jeanne Kohl-Welles (D-WA)
Representative Antonio Maestas (D-NM)
Senator Cisco McSorley (D-NM)
Assemblymember Chris Norby (R-CA)
Representative Deborah Sanderson (R-ME)
Senator Pat Steadman (D-CO)
This is some of what was said in a letter sent to our federal government in response to the raids this morning in Oakland. Read the entire letter here:

vaporedout

vaporedout

yo tambien, but someone needs to call out obama on this, instead of glitter or shoes we need someone to throw some nugs at obama and ask him why hes letting the feds come into our states and bully us. hell theres a strain called obama, use that one

K

kushtrees

Obama can't do anything right now about this issue. It's an election year and to for him to acknowledge medical marijuana would be political suicide, there's still a lot of states that aren't medical. Maybe if he gets re elected he will stand up and do something, but I'll bet money nothin will change till the election is over.

This is really a states rights issue, right now obamas health care bill is in the supreme court because 26 states are saying it infringes on their rights and is coerrsion(spelling?), well states can make the same case about federal raids, it infringes on state laws and actually hurts states like California and Colorado where it is heavily regulated and provides jobs and tax revenue. Obama isn't all powerful and unfortunately has to think about getting re elected right now, good for the states for saying back off it's about time

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Why does everyone think Obama could NOT stop this?

He is the fucking president. He can stop it anytime he wants.

He sicked his fucking dogs on us, at worst.

At best, he has done nothing to stop them from biting.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Why does everyone think Obama could NOT stop this?

He is the fucking president. He can stop it anytime he wants.

He sicked his fucking dogs on us, at worst.

At best, he has done nothing to stop them from biting.

Search for recent posts by squiggly, he's providing a lot of insight about why Obama does NOT have the power you think he does to call off the feds. He has the power to nominate dept. heads, and once those people are in their posts he really can't force them to do his bidding. If this truth is inconvenient to your biases, then I suggest you study up on how our pathetic excuse for a federal govt actually works- or, doesn't.

The DEA chief flat out lied to him about her stance on MMJ, and now that she's in office he can't do squat. And, this being an election year, she's doing all she can now, while she knows his hands are tied by election year politics. If you want a scapegoat, try the head of the DEA, not the man who she's making look like an fool.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thank GOD he isn't all powerful

mal

Read the Constitution, under Presidential Powers. You will find the President's powers are very limited. It takes a friendly congress and senate to enact sweeping change, and if he gets that do you think he'd go back on a foundation plank of his original platform?

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Search for recent posts by squiggly, he's providing a lot of insight about why Obama does NOT have the power you think he does to call off the feds. He has the power to nominate dept. heads, and once those people are in their posts he really can't force them to do his bidding. If this truth is inconvenient to your biases, then I suggest you study up on how our pathetic excuse for a federal govt actually works- or, doesn't.

The DEA chief flat out lied to him about her stance on MMJ, and now that she's in office he can't do squat. And, this being an election year, she's doing all she can now, while she knows his hands are tied by election year politics. If you want a scapegoat, try the head of the DEA, not the man who she's making look like an fool.

What he CAN do and what he IS doing are different.

He could put public pressure on her, to back up his previous MMJ statements.

He chooses not to.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Read the Constitution, under Presidential Powers. You will find the President's powers are very limited. It takes a friendly congress and senate to enact sweeping change, and if he gets that do you think he'd go back on a foundation plank of his original platform?

Shit.

Look at the war Bush put us in and tell me about how limited our presidents powers are. He lied. We jumped.

Whats on paper, written in the constitution, doesn't scratch the stroke the Prez of the US has over this world.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

If the president cant do anything about it like squggly says then I guess were screwed and law enforcement is running our country so were basically a police state.Im not gonna argue the point but if the president is powerless as stated who the fuck is the wizard behind the curtain pulling the levers?I think squiggly is an obama supporter and probably voted for him too he defends him so rigorously,im not drinking the kool-aid and im not supporting any candidate that does not support me no matter the party.

K

kolah

It's time for county sheriffs to step up.

I'll refrain from the politico comments...other than to say the "president" is nothing more than a puppet, a talking head pawn who takes his orders from the real owners of this country. He has no power. He does what he is told to do. JFK didn't obey and they blew his fucking head off. Same goes for Ol' Abe Lincoln (and a few others who strirred the pot of freedom..like MLK, Malcolm X, John Lennon, etc)

sky high

sky high

My county sheriff was the long-term D.A.R.E. instructor in all of the elementary schools here and ran the Drug Task Force for years and years. He hates MMJ/drugs per se'. If we let him run the show we would ALL be in big trouble/much worse shape here.

Giving power to ONE person is dangerous.....and that is why such talk/such practices are a pipe dream and aren't common practice >anywhere< in the State. (can you cite a county in CO where the laws are made/enforced by the Sheriff alone and where his law rules over Federal law?)

Folks blaming Obama for MMJ growers stupidity and greed is gettin old. Before you do the blanket condemnation....you need to investigate WHEN the memos were sent out on all of this and then look and see that...in Colorado specifically....the STATE passed additional laws OK'ing the "dispensaries" AFTER these memos were sent out/spelled out WHO would be targeted. The memos only cited EXISTING STATE LAW...the memo in no way said it was OK to pass new/tax-schemes or OK 4000 plant grows under the guise of MMJ as Colorado did.

If i hear of PATIENTS being raided...I'll be pissed.....but for those greedy clowns who simply ignored what was said...hearing ONLY WHAT THEY WANTED...DOLLAR SIGNS IN THEIR EYES....I have no sympathy. Things were MUCH better before the dispensaries came online...and they can be better again when they are gone...

every damn bit of this needs to be given BACK to the patient base as it was originallly intended by the voters of this State. This >monopoly< simply needs to end.

K

kolah

Yes SH, I posted a video of Sheriff Tony DeMeo several times here on the farm. He enforced his Constitutional powers and told the feds to fuck off and won. (same with Sheriff Richard Mack in regards to the 2nd amendment issues he fought in AZ and won..I posted his videos several times here as well)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Great Posts this morning guys!
If the president cant do anything about it like squggly says then I guess were screwed and law enforcement is running our country so were basically a police state.Im not gonna argue the point but if the president is powerless as stated who the fuck is the wizard behind the curtain pulling the levers?I think squiggly is an obama supporter and probably voted for him too he defends him so rigorously,im not drinking the kool-aid and im not supporting any candidate that does not support me no matter the party.

^^^^^^^Hit the nail square on the head ^^^^^^^

sky high

sky high

Cows and ranchers are treated WAYYYY differently than MMJ patients as they have far more rights and public support in the West than potheads do. If you trespass or destroy someone else's property in CO you will be arrested. If a rancher allows his cows to trespass and destroy your property YOU will be told to Fence the cows OUT...and will see that the rancher has NO liability whatsoever for the damage done to your property. Shit..the law is so in favor of the Rancher that you can't even shoot the cow on yer property.....though the rancher CAN legally shoot your dog or livestock on his....(and they do...and they put your dog's carcass on their fence as a trophy)

So not the same thing...IMO.....and while the Fife above in the vid WILL stand up for the ranchers who elected him ....I'm gonna wage heavily that he wouldn't do the same for MMJ/pot growers in his county....if there are any....

interesting stuff tho, kolah....even if i don't think we'll ever see it happen...especially not for MJ. Thanks for postin it up.

s h

K

kolah

I do not think Sheriff Mack or DeMeo are Barney Fifes. I think they have some serious bigass balls. Fires are started with sparks and IMO they are the igniters of freedom. Although it appears small, it's a positive step in the right direction. Whether it be over cows, handguns or MMJ it's a START and something to build upon. IMO it's a hellava lot better than complaining about things and doing nothing. I'll support any "Barney Fifes" who are going to risk their lives to stand up for the peoples rights.

sky high

sky high

I think they are both covering their ass rather than swinging big balls. I mean...Demeo's county is 90% Federal land...which means roughly 90% ...or more....of the voters there are ranchers or are linked to that lifestyle. WTF else WOULD he do but try to protect their interests? Fife or not...he KNOWS who pays his salary....and that right there steers his boat...NOT what is good and just!

otherwise...if he doesn't stand up for his constituents....it's back to being the cashier at the lone gas station in Tonopah...:)

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yeah we really need our states to step up like this, and I was very stoked to read the memo. Unfortunately, squiggly and others are right in saying that Obama is a little powerless at the moment, and that is due to a multitude of reasons but the primary ones being an election year and the importance of mmj in an overall outlook. What I see are some people on the extreme right wing of the spectrum flexing their muscle because they do know that at this moment Obama will not do anything: I mean shit he cannot even say that a boy looks like him without being bashed for a week, can you imagine if he fired Leonheart (the head of the D.E.A.) the right would crucify him and say that the 'big black devil" is trying to give your kids the "devilsweed", etc. So, that said, unfortunately we are all at a stand still for the next six months, but please don't get too disillusioned/disheartened my friends, this is how the legality cycles have been working in mmj and I bet dollars to donuts come the next term we will start to see much more positive changes in our directions. Second term presidents are almost always more effective in achieving their intended goals, and it is also the easiest time to make changes in the administration without being questioned too hard by the media.

waayne

waayne

Until there's a Federal MJ or MMJ law, nothings going to change>>>these memos are worthless, remember the Holder memo?

That open letter is pretty worthless,except for showing support to your constituents......

I find it ironic that they're asking for clarity,looks like the FED's are being very clear about the message they're sending.

Top Bottom