• Thread starter Happy Daze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Happy Daze

Hi guys and gals,

Thanks for stopping by..

This is my 2nd attempt at a SCROG..

I have 4 strains in this grow, they are...

1 Cheese - 1 Mazar Kush - 2 Big bud x Northern Light - 2 Lemon Skunk.

Im using Canna terra professional plus soil mix with 250w M/H and 250w HPS.
My screen is nearly 5ft x 3ft and was a shelf unit for a green house in its last life..

I'll be using rain water, and advanced nuts (grow and bloom)

Today is the first day, whereby the plants have been placed under the screen and doesn't look too pretty at the moment..

Happy Daze

500w scrog grow
500w scrog grow 2
500w scrog grow 3
500w scrog grow 4
500w scrog grow 5
500w scrog grow 6
jagle

jagle

nice looking setup, left screen is almost there. the other 2 are a good bit behind tho, so what are you gonna do when it comes to flowering? let screen one grow out till the other 2 are ready?

H

Happy Daze

In a few days I'm going in and sorting the branching out as I'll be taking clones from the stuff I cut off..
I'm also going to FIM the big plants as much as possible to slow them down.

Hopefully the new pics will look a bit nicer in a few days

J

Jug of the Head

Nice Happy Daze! Looks like you really know how to scrog! They don't look happy girls at the mo! Can't wait to see how long it takes for them to pick up!

Jugs

X

xRedkiller03x

Nice Set up man, anytime u scrog it def. helps u yield way more .

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

So far so good.. Great start.. Good luck on ur grow

H

Happy Daze

Nice Happy Daze! Looks like you really know how to scrog! They don't look happy girls at the mo! Can't wait to see how long it takes for them to pick up!

Jugs

Thanks Jugs

For the last 5 years I've done nothing but read up about growing, I'm by no means a professional..
I had the plants growing without a screen until the other night and have let them grow too big, the bushest plant on the left (church) is a mother ive had for a while.
The first night was all about resting the screen on top of the plants so as to gently bend the branches over.

I'm hoping once I've given her a trim and sorted the branching she will be ok in a few days... Bearing in mind all the plants were repotted 2 days ago also.

H

Happy Daze

Nice Set up man, anytime u scrog it def. helps u yield way more .

Thanks Red..

Big time...!! You may not get any donkey dicks or nice lollypopping but it makes up for it in weight...

Eventually I'd like to do 1 plant - 1 grow a year and get enough harvest to last me the 12 months... That's my goal anyway...

Happy Daze

H

Happy Daze

New pics

Not much differance to the eye but some of you eagle eyed vetrens will see I've slightly moved the plants to fill the screen more and to balance it all out better than it was.. hopefully..
I think its still going to be a few days before these girls get their knickers out of a twist but am hoping for some rapid growth after that..

At this point I feel I should explain my lighting scedule, bulbs and timing, basically what its all about..
As you know im vegging to fill out those screens so 18 hours of light is needed.
Im running two 250w ballasts that run for 12 hours each..
1 with M/H and 1 with HPS, My idea is that the MH comes on first then 6 hours later the HPS comes on too, 6 hours later after that the MH goes off and then 6 hours later still the HPS then goes out.. (Hope that didn't melt your brain too much....sorry)

I have a couple of reasons for doing this...
1st is the electricty bill, since becoming a hobbie farmer ive constantly looked at saving energy, this ranges from CFLs being used in the house to switching the kettle off before it switches itself off as it starts to boil.. and now lighting scedules such as discribed above.
Secondly is the spectrum the bulbs are giving off, I read somewhere that spring sun is a more blue whilst autum sun is more orange hence the MH and HPS bulbs we all use today.
Question is..
Does this happen to the spectrum during the day i.e. sunrise v's sunset..?

Also I assume running MH & HPS at the same time can only do good things...??

I have my bulbs in-line with each other in the same reflector, I like to think it acts rather like a light mover from left to right as the bulbs go through their scedule.

Right..enough waffling for now....:fighting0085:

30 sept 001
30 sept 004
30 sept 002
30 sept 003
30 sept 005
30 sept 006
30 sept 007
30 sept 008
30 sept 009
J

Jug of the Head

(Only my opinion!)

The spectrum changes throughout the year. I try to add and not to take away! Start with blue for veg then ADD the HPS for flowering, this is a seasonal change and not daily. The fuller the spectrum the better! The best results I had was using a 200w MH for veg (18hrs light 6hrs dark) then added 400w HPS a week BEFORE flower.

This in my mind gave the girls their seasonal calling which is usually done by increasing the hrs of darkness to 8 a week before hitting them them with 12. Recently I've started to believe that plants will grow 24/24 in veg and the 6 hrs darkness is lost growth time. So yeah.. a week before flowering all lights on for a week..! not the best answer for the spark bill!

The light set up your using at the mo is kind of telling your girls it's "It's a spring morning, now it's a late summers afternoon." This could be a good way to "pack out" the hours of light and save a few ÂŁ but again I think it's probably just lost growth time.

We could look into it on the co grow mate!

I can't wait to see your next photo's, have they stopped sulking yet? I'm fascinated by scrog! I've never really looked into it! I don't think I could bring myself to bend and twist my girls up like that! Whats the technique and how did you bring yourself to do it for the first time?

Jugs

H

Happy Daze

Thanks for making that clear Jugs..

I hope this lighting show doesn't stress my girls..however I think I'm going to stick with it for now...

With every grow, experience is gained...

J

Jug of the Head

I hope this lighting show doesn't stress my girls..however I think I'm going to stick with it for now...

Absolutely mate! They'll grow to a tune when they're in veg and by the pics you obviously know what your doing! Besides mate, don't take what I say as gospel more of an educated guess! Still waiting to see if they've stopped sulking!!

Jugs

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Will be watching this one, Currently using a dual 400 MH/HPS in veg, not altering them like you are,but plan on before flower 5 days with just the HPS then getting a conversion and flowering all under HPS.

H

Happy Daze

Quick update.

Just a few pics of the girls..

The LST needed for the Church made her main stem split in two down the middle, chopped it off as the lower side branches are coming on well..

Think they've got over the sulking anyway..

9oct 001
9oct 002
9oct 003
CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

How much does this hinder you from really moving your plants around and stuff ?

H

Happy Daze

Seams to be missing a pic on my last post.?

Once they've hit the screen then there is no moving of the pots...

At some stage I'll have to get on my hands and knees for a while to trim under the canopy... But that's about it at the moment unroll I figure something else out..

I'm happy with the speed of recovery of the girls, another 2 weeks and I could be switching to 12/12.... Yet!

J

Jug of the Head

Seams to be missing a pic on my last post.?

Once they've hit the screen then there is no moving of the pots...

At some stage I'll have to get on my hands and knees for a while to trim under the canopy... But that's about it at the moment unroll I figure something else out..

I'm happy with the speed of recovery of the girls, another 2 weeks and I could be switching to 12/12.... Yet!

Now there's the pics I've been waiting to see! Nice work! They look a lot happier!

Jugs

Latest posts

Top Bottom