50k watt grow????

• Thread starter sergei224
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sergei224

I saw a thread saying that the guy will have a 50k watt grow with 99 plants.

How many units can he pull from that?
what would be the cost per month to run that in cali?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Maybe you could ask the person in the thread about it...
REally depends on where you are and what equipment you have as to the monthly cost of that.
But it's a lot and if you gotta ask, you know what they say...;)

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

That would be 50, 1000w bulbs running, or 50 Kilowatts. If he is running 50 kilowatts year around he will pay on average 6-10 cents per kilowatt hour on commercial property. On average between veg and flower he will be running the 50kw setup approx. 14 hours per day. 50kw x 14 = 700 kilowatt hours per day. 700 x .08 = $56 per day. I think his range would be 50-70 bucks a day depending on his electric utiltiy company. $1,500-$2,100 per month. As far as pull, he's looking at 1-2 lbs. per 1000 watts or 50-100 lbs. every 3-4 months.

If he is attempting this on residential property the electricity cost will triple or quadruple.

BD

B

Badmf

That would be 50, 1000w bulbs running, or 50 Kilowatts. If he is running 50 kilowatts year around he will pay on average 6-10 cents per kilowatt hour on commercial property. On average between veg and flower he will be running the 50kw setup approx. 14 hours per day. 50kw x 14 = 700 kilowatt hours per day. 700 x .08 = $56 per day. I think his range would be 50-70 bucks a day depending on his electric utiltiy company. $1,500-$2,100 per month. As far as pull, he's looking at 1-2 lbs. per 1000 watts or 50-100 lbs. every 3-4 months.

If he is attempting this on residential property the electricity cost will triple or quadruple.

BD
Not quite, 50kw per hour on!!And you're not adding in ac etc,

ethnoman

ethnoman

Massive grow op. Would love to see pics of that.

You got a link to that thread Sergei?

jakesebastin

jakesebastin

As per my opinion 8 to 10 units of the 50k watts will be required here as there are 99 plants are there. The cost will differ and you need to the rate at your area regarding the watts consumed .

bobby

bobby

There are many things to factor in, but generally speaking, you could expect about 1 lb per light every 4-5 months. 1/2 lb per plant.

As for monthly overhead costs in Southern California, you will spend about $5700 per month total for electricity and water to run 50 lights with everything included like water/air pumps, scrubbers, wall fans, dehumidifiers, Co2, and general lighting to walk around.

Factors that determine the yield.
-Vegetative time
-Lighting Layout
-Type of Hydroponic System used
-Strain
-Experience of grower

It's all about planning, but the great thing about growing is that you can plan and forecast fairly accurately. The factors I mention above will make a huge annual difference in yield per year.

Top Bottom