50lbs of sh*t in a 5lb bag

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BudgetGrower

Any ideas on foldable/collapsible shelving spanning 4 x 10ft would be rad, I’m open to any and all ideas, I’m thinking steel grating in 2x4 sections on hinges that fold to the wall, this is for pot removal and maintenance on feed days, I’m all about cost effectiveness. Any idea is a good idea……
I could build this with ease, explaining it, not so easy for me, I would use 2 x 2ft x 10ft, with hinges joining them, so the can fold in half and up towards the wall, catch on the wall to hold them in place, at the end of each 10ft length I would screw 2 lengths of 2" x 2" (4ft long) so you can drop the shelf on the end blocks, 2ft x 10ft(still folded) or 4ft x 10ft
Depending on your needs.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I could build this with ease, explaining it, not so easy for me, I would use 2 x 2ft x 10ft, with hinges joining them, so the can fold in half and up towards the wall, catch on the wall to hold them in place, at the end of each 10ft length I would screw 2 lengths of 2" x 2" (4ft long) so you can drop the shelf on the end blocks, 2ft x 10ft(still folded) or 4ft x 10ft
Depending on your needs.
Well, that ain’t shabby, I try to think of what any and all possibilities may happen, don’t want to make something I have to dance around like a crazy person. Your idea is great, that way lights can stay fixed into place and I can get in and out for maintenance. That’s a damn fine idea sir.

B

BudgetGrower

Your plants look very healthy but I don't understand your setup, you have 200-300 plants growing from seed(autos), and by the looks of it, you could get away with less than 20, the seeds alone must cost £100's.
This room could be very productive, inside my shed is 2.2m (l)x 1.7m(w) and I have built a veg room 70cm x 70cm x 1.9m(h), split the veg room vertical 2 x 70cm(w) x 70cm(l) x 95cm(h) and this gives me a floor space of 1m2, I can veg upto 8 plants in 19ltr pots(24cm round half barrels) and even flower them off the first two weeks
drop them into the flower room(2.2m(L) x 1m(w)), the ones in flower can be dried in my veg rooms.

I also have a small veg room, just over 1ft2 and 42cm high, I could have 14 clones, I can pot them up in 9cm pots(9 plants), and veg for the first 3 weeks, when the larger veg room become available I pot the plants up a few times and them into the 19ltr pots for the last 3-4 weeks before going in the flower room, in theory I could pull 40-50 oz's every 6 weeks.

guessing your room not far off this size?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
No autos here, and what im doing is called a sea of green. My room is 4ft x 10ft, I bred seeds for a long time years back. I have all the ammo in the world lol. I have these in 3/4 gallon pots they were born at the beginning of this month, and the seedlings are getting close to full veg, my plan is to flip to flower in about 2 weeks. The larger plants I have topped 4 times, as the new top sites form im letting the seedlings get a little height, im not topping or fimming them. Once the have caught up in height im reorganizing the room and interspersing the small ones in with the big ones I plan on installing another shelf over top of what’s in there, but it’s looking like im just going to be putting them in my other grow room once my autos finish up in there. Had some unforeseen things happen last week that have stifled my plans a bit. I do already have 2 rooms, but im trying out this sea of green thing. See how it goes. 176 ladies in total. I have filled this space with as little as 16 plants before, it just takes longer. This way I have power in numbers.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
My other spot 8 autos 3 gallon pots

IMG 6671
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Oh yeah I did, I kicked those autos out and moved them to my other room. And no worries buddy, this is my first attempt at one, that’s why I was saying maybe I bit off my than I could chew lol. Not quite sure yet. I always have a tendency to go way bigger than I probably should 😜I’ve done scrogs and all that jazz, I’m in it for speed and explosive growth this round. Any tips welcome, if you see something perplexing shout man. I’m just winging it lol.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Yeah after this weekend. Just the ones in the solo cups and the pots of similar size though. They will be getting put in 1 gallon containers and then I’ll be flipping it all to flower a week or so after.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Yeah after this weekend. Just the ones in the solo cups and the pots of similar size though. They will be getting put in 1 gallon containers and then I’ll be flipping it all to flower a week or so after.
Thx btw, I try hard. Any advice welcome here!

B

BudgetGrower

Just basic advice at this stage,
I can see you have topped some of the plants, so your canopy could end up 3 times the size, 1 gallon pots sound good, might be a good idea to remove all the runts, just keep the best plants.
I would check every plant, 3 weeks in flower, one male could destroy your crop.
Use a lux meter or download one on your phone, really you need a stadium grow. from your passed experience, if you keep the light 12" above the canopy and the result was good, take a reading(lux), you want to lift some plants, drop the led a few inches etc. do your best to give every plant the same amount of light, the ones that receive less light will likely result in a poor crop of airy buds.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Facts. I go over everyone of them daily, all looks well so far, I do use a lux ppfd meter as well, I have some plants that are a little shorter hopefully they stretch a bit. been running at 70% at 20in and that seems to be the goldilox zone. Anywhere between 225 to 300. Good advice on snagging some of the smaller ones, I’ll move them to the other room before flip, I’ve been trying to kinda guesstimate the what the actual size of the canopy is gonna end up looking like size wise. I’m pretty sure it’s gonna over flow into my other room a bit. Thx for the good word homie. Def have my eyes peeled for any rogue males.

GoodListener

GoodListener

OMG. LOL. What do you use for seedling soil? Seems like you know what you are doing! I'm here to learn. 😊

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
OMG. LOL. What do you use for seedling soil? Seems like you know what you are doing! I'm here to learn. 😊
I use this, but Jesus, they charge an arm and a leg for at Amazon, at my local feed store it’s $25 a bag. If you can find it at that price point or even a little more it’s worth it, changed from fox farm a year ago. Never looked back.

IMG 6708
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Just basic advice at this stage,
I can see you have topped some of the plants, so your canopy could end up 3 times the size, 1 gallon pots sound good, might be a good idea to remove all the runts, just keep the best plants.
I would check every plant, 3 weeks in flower, one male could destroy your crop.
Use a lux meter or download one on your phone, really you need a stadium grow. from your passed experience, if you keep the light 12" above the canopy and the result was good, take a reading(lux), you want to lift some plants, drop the led a few inches etc. do your best to give every plant the same amount of light, the ones that receive less light will likely result in a poor crop of airy buds.
Found a male this am lol. I’m gonna move it outside and wait and take a tiny female out with him later.

Top Bottom