• Thread starter mmcan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mmcan

Hi,

I'm a noob to farming, I invested in this operation and took out a 3 year lease on a 10000 sq foot shop and my main designated grower had to go back to Germany due to family issues and now im stuck. ive invested my life savings in this project. i have a good grower to help me out however hes old school and not a good planner. i'm hopping to set up a the opp and the rest he can deal with the plant as i watch and learn. i need help with the set up and planning

I Have

30 x 335 sq ft barn ( open space)

2 x 200 amp power

allowed to have 560 plant ( would like to start with half to be able to finance)

I'm looking to do a 8 week program and yield
every week( so the work load and security in case it gets robbed they dont get away with much).

the rooms that, im told i can have since i can only use 5ton a/c unit ( since i dont want to go to commercial unit) im only allowed to have 20 lights per room. maximum of 160 lights on flip flop and the rest of the power for the a/c and other equipment. eventually

My plan to start is to divide the place proper and start with 2 x 20 lighter rooms on flip flop( also he said he can do the a/c on flip flop) and 1 veg room

My final plan is to do 2 plants per 1000W light to yield the most since i cant add anymore plants after the 560.

can some one help me plan this project proper and go forward with the plan as money comes in and i can expand.

i know im way over my head and i appreciate if you dont mention.

please dont quote the original pos ant just reply to the post.

thanks in advance

dan

jagle

jagle

so what advice do you need sorry?

you say alot, but i cant find specific questions, yes some flipflop rooms and a veg room, but what do you wanna know?

can you do it? we cant answer you that question

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I know you don't want to hear it and I hate be the soggy wet towel in this but if you haven't ever grown before and your lookin at 20k flower rooms and 560 plants to manage, your probably goin to fail and fail big time, especailly if you don't even know what questions to ask yet or even how to get started.......big grows are far more difficult to manage, even for a seasoned grower than small ones. You should pretty much expand your growing prowess in 5k intervals, every 5 k worth of lights burning has its own new set of issues to address and get proficient at.

I would fire up 1 light and flower a plant or two, just the way you would if you had 500 and see what happens. You can do that while your trying to figure out what to do next in your big setup.

What gear do you own and have in your hands right now? 160k worth of lights, sounds absolutely silly, more like a joke, for someone who hasn't grown before..I mean despensaries with 100's and 100's of patients aren't burnin that much wattage. If you don't already have the gear you lookin at about $15-$20,000 for each 20k room setup with hoods, lights, fans, humidity, pots, plants, etc...your also lookin at about $10,000 a month in facilties and power. So if your already tapped out on funds you should really cut your losses and get into some smaller scale of operation

Soil or hydro? if soil 10 or 15 gallon pots? do you have a clone source? starting from seed? depending on how you grow your veg room will need to be pretty substaintial to feed (2) 20k flower rooms and keep the flow goin.

Way more info is needed to be any help at all

Tex

N

norm

how many of these threads have we all seen?

why do people do this?

mmcan-get out while you still can

sky high

sky high

no shit, norm.

As an example.....I wonder how "barnboy" is doin about now?

The other thing ya gotta wonder is if these cats realize that if they are in the US 560 plants can easily equate to 5 >years< with no time off in the AssFuck Hotel.

Harsh tokes all the way around!

s h

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
(1) 20k room with lights on 48" centers, or there abouts, is already goin to eat 6400sq.ft. of the 10,000ft. and 160 lights is about a 50,000sq.ft. requirement with all the bells and whistles and support gear.

20' x 20' rooms with 10k hangin in hoods is a good place to start and I would knock that first one out 100% and have plants kickin in it before I even thought about goin forward with the other rooms . Once that one is on point it is easy to scale up and add another identical one right beside it.

Tex

K

kolah

Man, you got some big balls. Your first grow is 500+ plants?? The odds are against you but good luck...who knows right? I ain't much of a gambling man and have to side with the others who tell you to downsize your project. Shit, my first grow was 12 plants in soil and it was a chore keeping up with everything. I can't imagine doing 50 or even a hundred plants,,,,not to mention 500!

M

mmcan

Thanks for all the replies , I'm based in Golden BC Canada.

basically im' asking to design this space that i have with the the amount of plants im allowed to get the most yield on a 8 week cycle yielding every week.

I'd like to start with 280 plants with a budget of 50k (i can barrow funding but i really dont need the headache at this point in my life) to start with and keep adding as funds come in.

The whole space is 12000 sq ft (i was going to use some for workers are and build a place for the grower) with another barn on the property with another 6000 sq ft ( this barn is a little bit farther so to pull power to it is costly however i guess i can add when funds come in).

TK:

I'm looking to go with soil, 15 gallon pots to get these to tree sizes since i cant go over the plant count and as strain, i have access to og kush, purple kush and working on getting master kush.

Gear wise i have nothing but for ballasts im thinking of either going with quantum 1000 w or solis tek 1000w.

N

noone88

Yea sorry to rain on your parade, but I have seen at least half a dozen grow operations go bust and heard twice the amount go horribly wrong.. The project of your size is not something an experienced grower would take on without some very thorough planning and a lot of growing experience.

Start out with soil, 6 plants per 1k, and use cheaper equipment (mag ballasts). Stick with a cheap nutrient line (GH works well). You will make mistakes, you will kill your plants, you will ruin harvests. These are all mistakes that you will have to make before you have a firm grasp on how to grow. Doubling your plants doesn't mean double the work; it seems like the work grows exponentially with the number of plants you have.

Learn how to grow by yourself. Don't even start thinking about hiring help without having a firm grasp of knowing how to grow yourself. Most of the problems start to happen when you "hire" people to help on a large-size grow.

There are plenty of stories of disgruntled employees stealing equipment and harvests. Over the summer, there was a family member that stole from his own family's grow op because he felt he wasn't being fairly compensated. This was a fairly large grow (120k watts+) and someone called the police when they noticed him and his friends breaking into the warehouse. Everything got worse after that.

M

mmcan

thanks for the support guys, by the way since im a new member i cant reply to your pm's.;)

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

After 20 yrs of experience and being a General Contractor as well Here is my advice to you, "Don't even try it" its not gonna happen, Your first sentence in post 1 says your a complete newbie to growing cannabis. It would be like you telling me I got 1,000,000 and plans to build a rocket to the moon!!! You will fail! :mad0233:

20k rooms don't run like 6k rooms, Just like 6k rooms don't run like 1k tent set ups.
You need to start small and work your way up, The best saying for growing cannabis is "Less is More" this apply's to all things cannabis except yield, bong rips and joints exactly in that order to btw, file that info it will become usefull later .
Like was mentioned above, you will kill plants, overfeed, underfed, you will get Mites, Gnats, Aphids, and if your not careful some powdery mildew as well. Have you figured out how your gonna win the war on fungas gnats and root aphids with ALL THAT SOIL you plan on using in those MONSTER trees those 2 per light? In those MONSTER pots?
It's not if its when, You don't tell the plants shit! there in charge of everything including your life, freetime, vacations, family, etc. They demand attention and will fuk you if you dis them! These are needy girls! High maintance if you will, and if you think your girlfriend or wifes a handfull wait tell you got 560 girlfriends Pimp! they tell you when, why, how, the sooner you speak there language the sooner you can add more 1k's. You as a beginner cannot hear what there saying, , So when they tell you its Cal/Mag time you wont have a clue, You still need to purchase and calibrate and learn to read your EC/PH meter, How are your training skill and canopy management skills?
You got cloning down pat already I assume? Remember AC is king and 300 lights with air-cooled ducting is gonna be a nightmare, I suggest AC/AdjustaWings but your gonna need 5k btus per 1k.

Good luck and I look anxiously forward to watching you Go HUGE! :banana1sv6:

Solid! :banana1sv6:

M

mmcan

Ive done way ballsier stuff and succeeded and at some failed.

at the drawing stage right now it'll come together.

Where there's a will there's a way!

Going HUGE:banana1sv6:

S

sensisaint

whats happenen mmcan? all i'll say is good luck and all my best on this endeavour. peace

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
It's not about balls at all, its about talent, resources, patience and experience.. If it where about balls, I know some folks that should be killin it...lol

Tex

M

mmcan

Oh your gonna end up learning, but its gonna be the hard way, and the Expensive route to learning,

Its not what you have but what you threw away, and How much did you pay?

its okay brother i operate my life in a different way. no failing here.

putembk

putembk

lol, this is to funny. No disrespect but you have no idea what you are about to take on. That is if you are for real or just bulshitting. Why don't you give yourself a year with 20 plants and see if this is what you ultimately want to take on. I agree with kolah, I manage a small grow and can't keep up at times. With 500 some plants you are going to need help with all the labor that is in involved. You need help and lots of it.

M

mmcan

It's not about balls at all, its about talent, resources, patience and experience.. If it where about balls, I know some folks that should be killin it...lol

Tex

this isnt the first big show that i have, this is the first big show solo. i have resources in bc that i can call favors if i run into issues. patients i have lots of. talent not to be egotistic i have and as for the experience end of it i have 3 guys that are getting hired and 1 of them has been working for me for 10 years at my business. i have a good enough name here in bc that i can grab equipment on cuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom