5x5 Corner-to-Corner Solo Cup Run

• Thread starter Observationist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fromunda506

Fromunda506

I was thinking about doing 50 in 1 gallon pots next run. veg for 7 days and flip them. Ill need to get a net for my 4x4 though.

Itll end up 48 cause 50 makes 1 extra, i dont like odd numbers so 48 it is🤣🤣
Odd numbers suck. Even when I am running perpetual flower, it messes with me to add 1 plant. Either 2 or wait. The number of ocd pot growers (like myself) never ceases to amaze. Lol

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Getting ready to start a sog myself… nothing this ambitious, just some strain testing/hunting. Prolly more like 14-18 girls in a 2.5x4.5. I found these 2 gallon bags that are really cool. Only 7 inches diameter, but just over 12 inches high. Should be able to stack them in nice and tight and still give the ladies 2 gallons of coco to push with. They are for propagating tree cuttings, but should work great for a project like this. They are just over a buck apiece. Pretty sure they came from 247garden. Incidentally, hat tip to the dedication that this project has required. The world needs more people who are willing to try shit instead of just listening to the last guy. Cheers

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Getting ready to start a sog myself… nothing this ambitious, just some strain testing/hunting. Prolly more like 14-18 girls in a 2.5x4.5. I found these 2 gallon bags that are really cool. Only 7 inches diameter, but just over 12 inches high. Should be able to stack them in nice and tight and still give the ladies 2 gallons of coco to push with. They are for propagating tree cuttings, but should work great for a project like this. They are just over a buck apiece. Pretty sure they came from 247garden. Incidentally, hat tip to the dedication that this project has required. The world needs more people who are willing to try shit instead of just listening to the last guy. Cheers
Hey, I don't know how tight you want to pack your plants together, I like to have air flow around my pots to evenly dry them out, I'm thinking stacked pots will not have an opportunity to dry properly and those plants surrounded by others would still be wet when the plants on the edges dry out faster......with solo cups there is air space

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Hey, I don't know how tight you want to pack your plants together, I like to have air flow around my pots to evenly dry them out, I'm thinking stacked pots will not have an opportunity to dry properly and those plants surrounded by others would still be wet when the plants on the edges dry out faster......with solo cups there is air space
They will be running coco/perlite and will never dry out unless I screw something up. By the time these ladies get cooking, they would drink those bags bone dry in a day if allowed. There will be some airflow between them though so the bags don’t start growing interesting things.

Observationist

Observationist

Thank you sir

I originally was thinking about bags/3gal black trash bags but went with the solos .

But this is better

May do the black planters next would.need a bunch more maybe only 50-150 of those would fit, little bit wider diameter

Observationist

Observationist

Light was supposed to go off at 1 I just turned it off..accidently hit the wrong switch on timer

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

. Didn't turn the light on last night was too tired and didn't feel like watering either so no light plus the fact that I left it on extra few hours the other night.
Come on man don’t drop the ball on us now😂 looking awesome in there OB nug show starting how’s the rh in there? I’m thinkin even a qtr ounce a plant and you be killing it for yield mate 👍

Observationist

Observationist

Come on man don’t drop the ball on us now😂 looking awesome in there OB nug show starting how’s the rh in there? I’m thinkin even a qtr ounce a plant and you be killing it for yield mate 👍
Right. I'll get it on track tonight, I turned the light back on cause they wanted it. Maybe turnvit off in a few hours so it can come on tonight and back on track

Top Bottom