6 inch inline fan - speed control, temp control and humidity control?

• Thread starter phxazcraig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Last year I bought a simple 4x4 grow tent kit. Since then I've been outgrowing and replacing parts, and trying to enhance others. For instance, I have a 6 inch inline fan - moves a lot of air, but is loud. I added a simple muffler to the front, and that helped a lot.

I have a temperature controller with a probe hanging down to the canopy. Comes on at 80F, off at 77F. That's OK, but it would be nice to have a speed controller running the fan a bit slower.

I have a humidifier in the tent, but it runs 24x7. In the day I have humidity drop as low at 35%, usually when I am in the tent. At night it hits 90%. I'd like a controller that turns on the fan for both heat and humidity conditions, and if I can get speed control in there too, perfect. Any suggestions? I'm not averse to simply replacing the fan itself.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Last year I bought a simple 4x4 grow tent kit. Since then I've been outgrowing and replacing parts, and trying to enhance others. For instance, I have a 6 inch inline fan - moves a lot of air, but is loud. I added a simple muffler to the front, and that helped a lot.

I have a temperature controller with a probe hanging down to the canopy. Comes on at 80F, off at 77F. That's OK, but it would be nice to have a speed controller running the fan a bit slower.

I have a humidifier in the tent, but it runs 24x7. In the day I have humidity drop as low at 35%, usually when I am in the tent. At night it hits 90%. I'd like a controller that turns on the fan for both heat and humidity conditions, and if I can get speed control in there too, perfect. Any suggestions? I'm not averse to simply replacing the fan itself.
I bought a dimmer made for a BBQ fan... and hot glued it to the side

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Just bought the AC Infinity Cloudline 6 with temp & humidity control.

Now I have to figure out how to use if outside the tent as I need the roof space to raise the light. Currently I have a muffler and fan inside the tent with a lot of ductwork leading out and terminating na carbon filter. I'm hoping to lie the fan on the floor, with muffler attached to the intake and about 7 feet of duct going into the tent. The rest of the duct will connect output to the carbon filter.

thatguy2001

thatguy2001

You can stand a carbon filter upright on the floor and set the fan straight into it with ducting going up to the exit. That will minimize for space and probably quiet the fan since there is no side to side vibration. I do that (minus the ducting) in my dry room just to scrub the air and it works great

Latest posts

Top Bottom